JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any Electronics wizards out there that really know there stuff on storing batteries, while keeping them EMP Proof for a Hand Held Comm. unit like a Motorola or Midland transceiver.

Would you suggest like charging the battery and slipping into a my thin rubber sleeve and then into a mylar bag sealing and taking out to re-charge yearly or what.

Looking for input here.

Thanks

It's my understanding that the electronics of the comm sets, radios, and other electronics are at risk, not necessarily batteries. Radios, electronics in autos, production equipment, generators, transmitters, satellites, TV's are all at risk without proper shielding for an EMP attack or extra large sun spot activity. The massive surge these devices receive from an EMP will cook the IC's and transistors in all modern electronics equipment.

The easiest way to make a faraday cage is to bury a metal garbage can in the ground. The contents need to be insulated from the metal. You could also run a good ground wire to the can and the lid to assure a good grounding.

The easiest way to make a faraday cage is to bury a metal garbage can in the ground. The contents need to be insulated from the metal. You could also run a good ground wire to the can and the lid to assure a good grounding.

This is a very good point and this is my plan eventually but at the moment it is not feasible, I think I will get some moiture absorbers and place the item in latex gloves and then into mylar bags, place each bag into a metal container in my base basement.

But first i will fully charge the batteries and seperate them and take the batteries out every six months and recharge them, from an early posted link and my google search it looks like the best option at this time.

Thanks all for the input, you got me thinking and lots good input

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR