JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CNN already comparing this incident to Sandy Hook - even though there has "only" been one fatality. "This is the 12th school shooting of this year." "The new normal." "Just a blip on the radar screen."

MSNBC is talking specifically about AR-15's.

I honestly believe that "Social Media" has had a significant impact with this horrific trend of mass shootings. That and the salacious left-based cable news coverage jabbering on and on with their "panel of experts" analyzing the incidents prior to knowing all the facts with their political bias tossed in.

Who can we hold accountable? The parents? Isis? Immigration policy? What's being taught in schools today (i.e. the teachers)?

Florida school shooting suspect was ex-student who may have been flagged as threat

Last Edited:
I've been watching the live stream from Fox news since the first announcement on the radio. As per usual, it's gonna be awhile for info to dribble out. But, at least 14 wounded and a number of dead students, teacher, security guard as reported by students.

The suspect is 18yrs old... legal to own a firearm.

Musta busted a toenail cuz they took him to the hospital. Evaluated, probably drew some blood, now being transported to a holding facility.

Shep Smith gave D senator Bill Nelson a softball about what congress can do about school shootings. Thanx Shep!!!:rolleyes:

Suspect is reported to be fascinated with guns and gun websites. Also with bombmaking.

I honestly believe that "Social Media" has had a significant impact with this horrific trend of mass shootings.

I have for a while now been developing a pet theory about a type of "self-induced" autism, caused by too much interaction with the internet and computers.

Another interesting concept is Hyperreality, which philosophers have been kicking around for 40 years or more. This is "an inability of consciousness to distinguish reality from a simulation of reality, especially in technologically advanced postmodern societies" (definition from Wikipedia)

So basically, I think children are making themselves retarded.

Shep Smith gave D senator Bill Nelson a softball about what congress can do about school shootings. Thanx Shep!!!:rolleyes:

Suspect is reported to be fascinated with guns and gun websites. Also with bombmaking.

Was also interested in Syrian conflict and other Jihadi stuff. By awhile before this is brought up.

Well Damn...
Thoughts and prayers sent to the victims and their families.

And again...I will continue to do what I can for my students to prevent this from happening in our school and if it does....Do everything I can to make sure my students get home safe.
Andy

Well Damn...
Thoughts and prayers sent to the victims and their families.

And again...I will continue to do what I can for my students to prevent this from happening in our school and if it does....Do everything I can to make sure my students get home safe.
Andy
I'd make sure I had at least a nice American flag on a nice pointy pole right close to my desk were I a teacher and couldn't carry.
kowabunga right in the chest

CNN already comparing this incident to Sandy Hook - even though there has "only" been one fatality. "This is the 12th school shooting of this year." "The new normal." "Just a blip on the radar screen."

MSNBC is talking specifically about AR-15's.

I honestly believe that "Social Media" has had a significant impact with this horrific trend of mass shootings. That and the salacious left-based cable news coverage jabbering on and on with their "panel of experts" analyzing the incidents prior to knowing all the facts with their political bias tossed in.

Who can we hold accountable? The parents? Isis? Immigration policy? What's being taught in schools today (i.e. the teachers)?

Florida school shooting suspect was ex-student who may have been flagged as threat
16 dead and the 18th school shooting this year

The shooter is either going to have a middle eastern name, or more likely it's going to be some loser who was told how special he was his entire life getting gold stars for ordinary accomplishments and when he got old enough where girls didn't like him enough and figured out he wasn't as special as he thought, he snapped.
Nick Cruz

I'd make sure I had at least a nice American flag on a nice pointy pole right close to my desk were I a teacher and couldn't carry.
kowabunga right in the chest
I have various items in my room that can be called upon to be used as needed...
As well as various plans...to be used if needed...

That said I am not going to get into details over a open forum 'bout what I must do according to school policy versus what I might do or what I will do to get my kids home safe...
Andy

News has just reported that the response to the school shooting was so quick because there just happened to luckily be a special SWAT drill fortuitously by amazing chance going on at that random time at a nearby location.
They also said that the shooter was apprehended on his way to his home and not in the school. Being known to authorities as a troublemaker, they knew where he lived so they just picked him up.

(It is a breaking news story, media looking to broadcast as much as they can, verified or not.... grain of salt.)

I have various items in my room that can be called upon to be used as needed...
As well as various plans...to used if needed...

That said I am not going to get into details over a open forum 'bout what I must do according to school policy versus what I might do or what I will do to get my kids home safe...
Andy
I can see it now.. Andy being propelled on his chair by a fire extinguisher sporting a pointy flagpole!
Just kidding and good for you my dear sir.

16 dead and the 18th school shooting this year
That does make the situation more tragic. Just goes to show that early reporting is just that. MSNBC, to their credit, is still holding back on reporting numbers until the facts have been released by authorities (scratch that: they just did say that there have been 17 fatalities).

I feel horrible about this event. Not just because I'm gun owner who feels it's my constitutional right to bear arms.

There are all types of things in a class room that can be used as a wepon and there is back packs that are bullet proof my sister ask me about them you can buy back packs that have a slot to insert a plate like a plate carrier or you can put in soft armor

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top