JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The shooter is either going to have a middle eastern name, or more likely it's going to be some loser who was told how special he was his entire life getting gold stars for ordinary accomplishments and when he got old enough where girls didn't like him enough and figured out he wasn't as special as he thought, he snapped.

Progressiveism 101: Never let a tragedy go to waste.

I'm sure it wont be but another ten minutes before everyone is screaming for gun control. its a shame these things get politicized so quickly.

"The shooter is now in custody. Officials have not yet released the shooter's identity or motive, but police said he's male."

Not discounting the tragic situation but the media is going to have another field day.

Anyone know the legal age to posses a long gun in FL?

Suspect apprehended:
2018-02-14_134823.jpg

Suspect arrives at hospital:
2018-02-14_134615.jpg

Last Edited:
Another sad day for America.

We seriously have a problem within our future generation.

Sadly for us that own firearms, we will be blamed for those problems.

As a newly appointed father, I pray my child can grow up without having to experience this, and I pray that no parent has to do as well.

For those parents that have, and those that just did today, I wish I had words for them.

Perhaps it is time we start to look at why children are so easily driven towards mass violence, rather than the tool they use to commit it. We have work to do, but sadly no one wants to do it.

@loofa

"Florida generally prohibits a person under age 18 from possessing a firearm.1 However, this prohibition does not apply to unloaded firearms in the minor's home.2 It also does not apply if the minor is:

• Engaged in a lawful hunting activity and is at least age 16 or, if under age 16, is supervised by an adult;
  • Engaged in a lawful marksmanship competition or practice or other lawful recreational shooting activity, and is at least age 16 or, if under age 16, is supervised by an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor's parent or guardian; or
  • Transporting an unloaded firearm directly to or from one of the aforementioned events.3
Florida law penalizes any parent or guardian, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, who knowingly and willfully permits the minor to possess a firearm in violation these provisions.4"

Media will be expected to ask the same 5 questions;
Who was it?
What gun was used?
Where did he get it?
Why did he do it?
When did he plan this?
How is this allowed to happen?

Media will then search for an answer to only two:
What gun was used?
Where did he get it?

Media will editorialize the other three;
Why he did it
When he planned it
How this allowed to happen

Politicians will only;
Use it to raise money
Virtue signal to the media
Pass ineffective laws and punish the law abiding to "stop" it
Wait for it to happen again
Use it to raise money
(lather, rinse, repeat ... until they're caught banging their campaign manager)

Last Edited:
I wonder.. how many of these shootings happened after the 24 hour new cycle started compared to before? I still believe, no matter how much the media deny it, they are complicit in these by giving them all the news coverage they do.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews