JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CMMG released a new upper today. It's bufferless and works with regular lowers. So far they have it in 556/300blk/5.7. The 5.7 being rdb. Im digging these companies coming out with even smaller and compact rifle-ish powerhouses. If they figure out how to use their 9mm Glock lower and something of this nature for an upper, I'm going to convert my SBRd banshee over to the bufferless version.
1655241820795.png

I was just looking at those. Evidently I need to start dealing crack in order to support my gun habit, just can't afford everything I want.

brownells has had something similar for a couple years now, check out Brn180
True, I'm happy to see these being produced more. I feel like it's the natural evolution of the AR15. The buffer tube is an outdated design, time to move forward and smaller!

I have a CMMG Banshee in .45ACP and have been impressed with the quality and usefulness of that firearm.

The bufferless design for 5.56 intrigues me as well. I might have to sell a body part or two in order to purchase one.

I have a CMMG Banshee in .45ACP and have been impressed with the quality and usefulness of that firearm.

The bufferless design for 5.56 intrigues me as well. I might have to sell a body part or two in order to purchase one.
If you're married and your wife ate the wedding cake, there's most likely one body part you can sell, since it probably doesn't get much use for which it was intended.

:D

Last Edited:
The Brownells BRN180 is bufferless and piston driven, and when they have them in stock, you can buy the upper for less than $900
It's definitely a contender, I think palmetto is also making one similar.

I'm definitely liking the direction things are going. This evolution of the rifle is nice to see.

Interesting. I have not gotten into the AR pistol stuff so far, but I have to wonder if this might be something that offers some sort of improvement to the carbine/standard versions of the AR.

Interesting. I have not gotten into the AR pistol stuff so far, but I have to wonder if this might be something that offers some sort of improvement to the carbine/standard versions of the AR.
It's debatable if it's an improvement. The old system is widely used by those with ARs. I'm along the lines of thought that this is the next direction the AR will evolve to. Using cartridges like 300blk and 5.7 in a tine sized PDW make so much sense to me personally. If I wanted a good amount of defensive options, something along the lines of this or similar would be ideal.

Meh, Rock River Arms have been doing this for about 20 years with versions of their LAR/PDS pistol, 81854.jpg

and Foxtrot Mike has been knocking out their FM2 version for under $800 for a while.( That's the price for the entire firearm.)

uppers run about $500-$700 depending on spec

11095-628ca44941346.png

I did not know about foxtrot Mike. I've got two lowers of theirs.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top