JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a CMMG dedicated .22 upper in M4 configuration that I purchased about 15 years ago. I have put thousands of rounds though this upper.

A couple of months ago I tried shooting it with one of my cans and had a baffle strike, luckily a very light one. Thinking it might have been the can I tried with another one with similar results.

I emailed CMMG and they sent me an RMA to have it looked at. It was found the barrel was not concentric and they no longer make that same barrel/system. They offered to make a comparable barrel, if I wanted to wait a couple of months. The other offer was to replace it with a current system.

After some debating I chose to go with the new one. While I did like the "M4" style, and it was my only one like that, have always used it scoped.

I just want to give a huge shout out to a stand up company who makes a great product.

CMMG ain't cheap but darn they make and support really nice products. If only I could own more of their stuff I would. Not exactly the same, but I had many tens of thousands of rounds through my 9mm banshee when it started having lots of issues. After a call in to CMMG they had the problem identified and new parts in a package on my way free of charge.

Glad they got you taken care of. I still want one of their 22 uppers. I'm just not up to attempting to stock up on 22lr AR mags between now and whenever they decide 114 is it us not a go.

...I'm just not up to attempting to stock up on 22lr AR mags between now and whenever they decide 114 is it us not a go.
Joeboboutfitters has 25 round CMMG $5 off at $20.

Thinking I may buy some, however likely will wait until after Friday evening. Depending upon what judge Raschio has to say on friday.

PSA has the conversion bolt with 3 25rd magazines at $169.

I recently bought a .22lr barrel from them as well. Glad to hear they have great customer service if needed. Thankfully, mine has been running flawlessly with everything I've thrown at it.

I'm actually quite surprised at it's reliability; I've only shot about 6-700 rounds, but I've tried a bunch of different rounds and it hasn't had a single failure. My only minor complaint is accuracy. It was shooting a 6in group at 50y with bulk ammo. Mine seems to prefer cci minimags, even over some match ammo, but still only shoots a 3in group at 50y. My bone stock 10/22 will print a 1.5in group at the same distance with good ammo. Again, minor complaint, but it does make hitting the 100yard plate a thing of chance, vs being able to hit it every time with other .22s.

Regardless, it's been a fun gun to have. It even works with the psa drop in trigger which is a pleasure to use.

Joeboboutfitters has 25 round CMMG $5 off at $20.

Thinking I may buy some, however likely will wait until after Friday evening. Depending upon what judge Raschio has to say on friday.

PSA has the conversion bolt with 3 25rd magazines at $169.

Lol, thanks!

I haven't the clue where I want to start. I did up a fast running 10/22 a while back for steel challenge. I like the idea of another, but it's been backburnered till further notice.

Lol, thanks!

I haven't the clue where I want to start. I did up a fast running 10/22 a while back for steel challenge. I like the idea of another, but it's been backburnered till further notice.
Welcome! This is just a "nice to have" (AR conversion) for us...so I also hadn't given such much thought. However, with the 114, has made me think a bit more on future "wants".

Figure the magazines being a decent place to start, as the conversion & parts will "likely" remain available to us in Oregon.

As towards me holding off until after the judge makes his decision? Just me not wanting anything in shipping limbo if his decision goes the other way/ambiguous etc...

Welcome! This is just a "nice to have" (AR conversion) for us...so I also hadn't given such much thought. However, with the 114, has made me think a bit more on future "wants".

Figure the magazines being a decent place to start, as the conversion & parts will "likely" remain available to us in Oregon.

As towards me holding off until after the judge makes his decision? Just me not wanting anything in shipping limbo if his decision goes the other way/ambiguous etc...
Sounds too similar!

I've got 3-4 things on my mind due to 114. I really don't need anything, but I'm still sitting here staring at stuff online. I really should just parent block all gun sites to save myself from buying more.

Sounds too similar!

I've got 3-4 things on my mind due to 114. I really don't need anything, but I'm still sitting here staring at stuff online. I really should just parent block all gun sites to save myself from buying more.
If you have any M&P 15/22 mags, there is an adapter you can buy to make them work in a standard ar lower/CMMG kit. I actually prefer them over the CMMG or black dog mags, and they're not very expensive.

1671726223327.png

If you have any M&P 15/22 mags, there is an adapter you can buy to make them work in a standard ar lower/CMMG kit. I actually prefer them over the CMMG or black dog mags, and they're not very expensive.

View attachment 1333876
I have the adapter sitting in my safe! Lol. Had 6 15/22 mags in my hand 3-4 weeks ago standing in a Sportsmans warehouse. Almost bought them…

I'm really hoping I can squeeze in a TacSol Owyhee before this ends. That's the one that is really haunting me through all of this.

Here's the dedicated upper I put together. I really like Phase5's bolt hold open lever and wanted to be able to keep training with it and have last round bolt hold open and all so am using the adapter and MP mags.

B0D69CF1-63E1-4393-B45E-64974EF3EDEF.jpeg C50E9404-55E7-40BA-9F8A-27ADDF555C55.jpeg 69B24C7D-B7AD-4C3D-BED0-6DC3BEC3B831.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top