JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Can you help support public land shooting!

• Total voters
The race route itself is exclusively on back streets moving through the Vernonia area so unless you need to travel through that part of the area you'll probably not encounter any runners. The real potential jam ups will be from three different sources, first you'll have all the team's support vehicles out there, by that time of race they'll be pretty punchy. Second horde of unpredictable traffic will be all the folks trying to get to Seaside for the race's ending celebration. I suspect the majority of people out at that time on Saturday morning will fall into this category. The third group will be all the folks going to the coast on summer's Saturday morning anyways, a considerable number of people usually. I suspect you can also count on more law enforcement out at that time because of all this extra activity. I'd recommend tacking on another half hour at least to your planned commute time.

Most of the coastal traffic occurs in Manning before the Vernonia split anyways. 26 can get backed up all the way to the Glencoe exit sometimes if it's really bad. This is without any event going on.

I'm not worried about any traffic though. The Hwy 6 turn off is before where it gets bad anyways.

That and it's usually later in the afternoon when the traffic peaks.

We don't like cleaning up other peoples trash. We don't like seeing our great outdoors littered like a big city street. We don't like the damage being done to our natural resources. We don't like seeing rules disregarded and disobeyed when we try so hard to follow those rules for the good of all who visit the land. We don't like our reputation being ruined by the careless acts of a few who know not what they do and/or don't seem to care.

But we like what we do. We like responsibility, stewardship, respect, comradery and a prideful feeling of ownership. It's engrained in our souls like chiseled values on a tablet of stone. It's what we do, how we live and what we teach. We are volunteers and stewards of our public lands.

Trash at dispersed shooting sites on public lands is drowning out the beauty of our cherished great outdoors. It is an eye sore in the face of, what we have known and cherished as, quality recreation. It is giving the recreational shooting sports a bad look. And we don't like that.

So we ban together and set forth to change the world, one dispersed shooting site at a time. We preach from the heart and teach with example in sincere hope others will see the value and adopt the attitude. And we love when change happens.

Join us Sat, Aug 25, 2018 in Tillamook State Forest at Brown's Camp Gravel Pit as we demonstrate our pride, respect and stewardship for the privilege of the recreational shooting sports on public lands.

Value of a Cleanup.jpg
Our Blog: Trash No Land Blog

That's a large group of people. Don't think I have been to a clean up with that many yet
That was last year, Aug, in Yacolt Burn State Forest WA. We had 45 people. The largest turn out yet. Could be because we were giving away a pistol. Free!

I have a good feeling that this cleanup will be just as big, if not bigger. We can use all the stewards we can get! Better yet, it won't be long before we're blasting the pit apart! (The sooner the better, I always say!) :D

Guys, I POSSIBLY have something that may hinder my ability to attend. An opportunity I can't miss (gun deal requiring a road trip). If this goes through, I would certainly meet up with @Reno911 to donate all of the things I promised tomorrow anytime and some cash to help out as well. I hope you all understand....

My sincerest apologies if I can't make this one, but something kinda fell in my lap that could take all day to acquire. I hope you all understand that this kind of deal doesn't happen very often and if it was anything but the most "unicorn" of deals I would blow it off to be there with you all.....

I'll post a status update tomorrow morning.....

Guys, I POSSIBLY have something that may hinder my ability to attend. An opportunity I can't miss (gun deal requiring a road trip). If this goes through, I would certainly meet up with @Reno911 to donate all of the things I promised tomorrow anytime and some cash to help out as well. I hope you all understand....

My sincerest apologies if I can't make this one, but something kinda fell in my lap that could take all day to acquire. I hope you all understand that this kind of deal doesn't happen very often and if it was anything but the most "unicorn" of deals I would blow it off to be there with you all.....

If I can play with it...I'll forgive you:D (<—-members quote taken out of context)

Do you Kruel

Well be sure and post a picture of her! We'd all like to see who this beauty, who stole the heart of our beloved comrade, is! She must be a drop dead, knock out, shut the front door kind of something to behold! :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top