JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Made it home safe and sound but too tired to post pics tonight. Will do so right after cleaning the 2 Salmon I'll catch in the morning! Yes!! I like the sound of that!

That event was just plain awesome! I really enjoyed the camp time with a few great folks!

Type at ya tomorrow!

Bill

So, are you saying they should have had eye protection because they're kids, or in general, everyone should have had it?

I grew up shooting and always wore ear protection, but not eye protection. If I were shooting handloads or vintage firearms, I might have them take the precaution, or better yet, not shoot at all.

If you were so concerned for their safety, why didn't you say something at the time?

Hey I just want to join in and say I had a great time today meeting you all. I can't wait to do it again. My friend and I were the two guys at the uppermost range with "all the wooden guns."

Special thanks to:

The cooks and everyone who brought food, I had an awesome brat for lunch.

The gentleman (I didn't catch his name) that let me "send a five dollar bill downrange" on the 50cal.

Everyone else that was exceedingly generous in letting me try your firearms.

And Joe for putting this website together.

Hey I just want to join in and say I had a great time today meeting you all. I can't wait to do it again. My friend and I were the two guys at the uppermost range with "all the wooden guns."

Special thanks to:

The cooks and everyone who brought food, I had an awesome brat for lunch.

The gentleman (I didn't catch his name) that let me "send a five dollar bill downrange" on the 50cal.

Everyone else that was exceedingly generous in letting me try your firearms.

And Joe for putting this website together.

When I got home I found I was missing my Streamlight ProTac2L. Black 4 3/4in. Three modes via rear push button ( Bright Strobe and Dim ). Odds are it is/was between #4 and the meeting area. Any find it?

Also great time I liked seeing the kids being taught and the sharing of firearms between members. Looking forward to next spring or there abouts.

So, are you saying they should have had eye protection because they're kids, or in general, everyone should have had it?

I grew up shooting and always wore ear protection, but not eye protection. If I were shooting handloads or vintage firearms, I might have them take the precaution, or better yet, not shoot at all.

If you were so concerned for their safety, why didn't you say something at the time?

He might have only noticed after seeing the picture.

in general everyone should have eye and ear protection when shooting. at least gasses. I was hit with a lead fragment ricochet coming back from the metal targets (in the nipple of all things, I guess I need nipple protection too) so it is possible that anyone could get hit in the eye as well.

I carry an extra set of shooting glasses and ear plugs just for days like today in case someone forgot but did not notice otherwise I would have offered.

There are inexpensive shooting glasses for kids and I bet they will think they are pretty cool
https://www.amazon.com/Remington-T-10-Junior-Shooting-Glasses/dp/B007VKKP5W

because I just saw this picture, its always eyes and ears at a range, and everytime the range was hot, somebody said eyes and ears , if you saw it , then why didn't you say something, its common safety practices,, I'm not sure why you are giving my crap for being safety conscience,

I suppose you were inspired by Hillary Clinton's book, It Takes a Child to Raise a Village?

Are you the type of person who calls the cops when he sees a parent spanking their bratty child in a supermarket?

If this is the kind of crap I'm going to get, perhaps I'll have second thoughts about attending these events in the future.

......and no, it's not "always eyes and ears". I use hearing protection, and make sure my kids have it, but I also train how I'll fight. I never used it when at the range in the Marine Corps, and don't do it now.

....oh, and by the way, your spelling and grammar suck.

Last Edited:
I suppose you were inspired by Hillary Clinton's book, "It takes a Child to Raise a Village"?

Are you the type of person who calls the cops when he sees a parent spanking their bratty child in a supermarket.

If this is the kind of crap I'm going to get, perhaps I'll have second thoughts about attending these events in the future.

......and no, it's not "always 'eyes and ears'. I use hearing protection, and make sure my kids have it, but I also train how I'll fight. I never used it when at the range in the Marine Corps, and don't do it now.

....oh, and by the way, your spelling and grammar suck.

I don't generally wear eye protection either. I typically shoot by myself at paper targets. When shooting at steel or in large groups, it is a good idea to wear eye protection. I went out and bought some glasses mainly for participating in these events.

May as well leave it at that and enjoy the day.

Give the guy a break. I don't think he's way out of line. Just an FYI, any organized shooting range a person would go to will have an eyes and ears requirement. You can train the kids without eye protection all you want, but you won't be doing it at any clubs I don't think.

Great celebration and a good cleanup job! It was a great way to end the summer cleanups and a perfect way to emphasize responsible shooting on pubic land.

We removed a little over 10 yards of trash from Tillamook State Forest. (The dumpster is a 20 yard capacity).

IMG_0873.JPG
IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG
Thanks to the guy in the red shirt for his contribution as cook! @echase1793
IMG_0799.JPG

Thanks to Tara, Mrs. Reno911 for her contribution as cook!
IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0806.JPG

I thought I heard her say "You da man"!
IMG_0809.JPG

Randy and Wayne of ODF.
IMG_0797.JPG

The ceremonial shot was fired and the After Party began!
IMG_0811.JPG

And it was a Kick!
IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Good work and great fun!
IMG_0822.JPG

Thank you all!

What a great time! I am very happy that I was able to attend and be a part of this cleanup. I am also pleased that a lot of people who hadn't experienced the joy of shooting a 50BMG got to find out what it's like. Enjoy your souvenirs! I put my very first round fired on my desk at work, it gets more conversations going (which for me leads to more sales) than I ever thought possible.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews