JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Check back to this first post for any changes or updates prior to this event.

Sat Aug 27, 2016, 9 AM to 1 PM (+/- an hour).

Cleanup and Celebration at North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes!

Help us salute Oregon Department of Forestry with our show of appreciation and celebration for the new and improved target shooting lanes at North Fork Wolf Creek.

cleanuptillamook8-27-16.jpg

Fire prevention in target shooting is the focus of this event. Come see, first hand, how these improved shooting lanes can help reduce the risks of fire. Hear from Officials of Oregon Department of Forestry and the members from Northwest Firearms who partnered to help ODF throughout this project.

Join us as we celebrate quality, safe and responsible target shooting on public land.

Meeting Location:
Google Map Link: To meeting area... Google Maps (https://goo.gl/maps/xufZdT9GHX72)

GPS Coordinance: 45.783094, -123.365093

Directions to base camp meeting area; From Hwy 26 & Hwy 217 in Beaverton, go West on Hwy 26 for 36 miles and turn Right on North Fork Wolf Creek Rd. Follow North Fork Wolf Creek Rd, stay to the Right at the first Wye. Follow to the end.

Description: We will be cleaning up outdoor target shooting sites. Oregon Dept of Forestry will provide bags, latex gloves and garbage disposal.

Barbeque Lunch is Provided: BBQ lunch noon to 1 pm! Free raffle prize drawings during lunch! Enjoy! Thank you for your help!

After Lunch:
(The official event ends after lunch) Stay and enjoy some fun target shooting with a great group of outstanding gun owners. Be sure to bring ear/eye protection, fire safety gear and appropriate legal targets.

What to bring: Gloves, Boots, Jeans, Rake, Shovel, Fire Extinguisher, 2 gallons of water, Legal Targets and something with a trigger! (Rain gear might be appropriate depending on weather forecast).

What to Expect:
Everything you need to know about Fire Safe target shooting on public land, coffee, donuts, lunch, Free raffle prizes from Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse, J&B Firearm Sales and other supporting vendors TBA, free stuff, meet new friends & renew old friends, help to keep our State Lands open to recreational outdoor shooting, help keep our public playground clean and have a great time target shooting.

Who is invited: This event is open to all Public, Family and Children. A great way to meet new people, do something good for our forest and our kind of recreation and help keep our State Land clean.

Help with this event: We are expecting over 40 people for this event, which means there's a lot to organize and your help is needed. Please be sure of your schedule when you RSVP above. You may change your attendance at any time. We will adjust our food count accordingly. Thank you.

Please post if you can provide any of these?

• BBQ equipment
  • A 1 or 2 burner Propane cook stove (for coffee and tea water)
  • 2-3 Dining canopies (shade for lunch & meetings)
  • 3-4 Portable tables 6 & 8 foot
  • Camp chairs
  • Head Cook
  • Cook's Assistant (food prep)
  • Sign-in Attendant
  • Director of Parking
  • 40 Hamburgers with buns
  • 40 Hot dogs with buns
  • Condiments, (mayo, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, relish & ketchup)
  • Propane coffee pot and coffee
  • Drinking water bottles
  • Paper plates, napkins & plastic forks/knives
  • Donuts and cookies
  • Snack bars

Sponsored by;
Northwest Firearms

and

Oregon Department of Forestry Tillamook State Forest

Supporting vendors;
Sportsman's Warehouse Hillsboro, Cabela's, J&B Firearm Sales.

Please RSVP in the BOX above!
Who to contact:
@Cogs , @bolus or @Reno911

This is our last cleanup event for the summer of 2016! Lets make it a good one!

THANK YOU ALL FOR A GREAT SUMMER OF DOING A LOT OF GOOD FOR OUR FORESTS AND RECREATIONAL SHOOTING ON PUBLIC LAND!!!

Cogs

Last Edited:
Last Edited:
I'm in. Finally get a chance to bring out all the toys like I tried to do last weekend.

I can bring a 10x10 canopy, and a 3x6 table at the very least.

All in.

I can bring the following.

X2 NWFA tables.
X2 NWFA canopy and mine
BBQ
2 burner stovetop
Ketchup
Mayo
Relish
Mustard
Plates
Napkins
Tins for hot food
Percolater
Coffee

I'm sure Mrs Reno911 can cook. I'll help if she'll let me.

Let's make this one BIG guys. This is a worthy celebration!!!

Last Edited:
I can bring bottled water! Perhaps more, but definitely water. I'm torn because it looks like a fun ride from my place to this spot, but I'd like to bring more guns than I can comfortably take on the motorcycle...

I can bring bottled water! Perhaps more, but definitely water. I'm torn because it looks like a fun ride from my place to this spot, but I'd like to bring more guns than I can comfortably take on the motorcycle...
How much bottled water can you carry on your motorcycle? Sounds like you need to put together a road trip with other NWFA members from your area.

How much bottled water can you carry on your motorcycle? Sounds like you need to put together a road trip with other NWFA members from your area.

He lives by me and I would be more than happy to cart the water down for him in my truck and let him enjoy the wind whipping in his hair. Although I am interested to know how much drinking water he could ride with on the hayabusa lol.

Cogs count me and the Mrs. in definitely! She said she will bake some cookies like she did for the burn cleanup and I will bring some muffins for breakfast ( I hate doughnuts ).

As always thank you for all the work you put forth to make these excellent outings possible, I certainly appreciate the time and dedication you bring to the table. I personally always have a blast at these events and am glad to help make a positive impact on the public's perception of target shooters as a whole.

P.s. I will have a 6ft table with me and well as an easy up 10x10 canopy. No guarantee on the canopy though, but more than likely it will come with.

Now I kind of want to demonstrate how much I can bring along on the Hayabusa, just to shock you guys. I have rolled around with a silly amount of guns and ammo on my bike from time to time...

I could carry two cases of water strapped to my rear seat, but I might just have to take @NeverGoinBack up on his generous offer. That way I can bring some steel targets as well.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top