JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I forget what this was that I shot, but it was awesome!!! Big thank you to everyone who came and shared guns! :D
IMG_4691.PNG IMG_4693.PNG

......... Just an FYI, any organized shooting range a person would go to will have an eyes and ears requirement. You can train the kids without eye protection all you want, but you won't be doing it at any clubs I don't think.

At one of the area's major ranges, a couple of years ago. One of the club's boardmembers took this photo, and he never said anything to me about eye protection.

10168097_10151994379920836_6899550584169520348_n.jpg

It's the 460. I got to fire it as well and it hurt more than my 500.

Weird, i would never have guessed, gun weight perhaps?

At one of the area's major ranges, a couple of years ago. One of the club's boardmembers took this photo, and he never said anything to me about eye protection.

View attachment 309395

You should probably stop getting so hung up on this now, it was a comment made on a photo where you could see no eye protection, there was no vendetta or malice, you're taking this very personally and it's not worth it.

Weird, i would never have guessed, gun weight perhaps?

You should probably stop getting so hung up on this now, it was a comment made on a photo where you could see no eye protection, there was no vendetta or malice, you're taking this very personally and it's not worth it.

Okay.

However, it's really annoying to be called out on a public forum on issues regarding parenting. Even yesterday, while I was right next to my kids every time they handled a firearm, some do-gooder came up to me and lectured me about standing next to my son instead of behind him, while I was observing his techniques. After a while, it gets really old.

If you don't want me to "get hung up on this", lecture me via a private message. If you want to start a public argument, expect me to argue back.

I'm not sure it was a direction of parenting, more safety, but i can absolutely see it being taken that way, everyone is an armchair quarterback, right?

I can tell everyone now, that the unintentional (or not) way of people telling others how they should be doing something (not related to others safety) is a major reason why there were a lot of women who didn't shoot yesterday.

It's a man thing, and a bad one, i don't think everyone does it deliberately, and i'm fairly certain that many have no idea they're even doing it; like suggesting a new shooter tries a huge gun for their first experience.
I can chalk that down to it being a special gun to us enthusiasts, but a first time shooter will never come back and it's not funny (as much as we "laugh") to have someone with no experience, have a *really bad* experience from something that kicks them like a mule and sounds like the sky just crashed down.

Food for thought.

Guys, and gals, remember we are all on the same team. Fighting amongst ourselves isn't helping much.

This was the biggest event held to date. There were lots of new folks as well as new shooters and children.

I too even found myself wanting to help or give advice to someone while in the range.

One thing to keep in mind. Advice is usually best taken when it is asked for.

Otherwise let the person experience it on their own and learn as they go.

I too can learn from the last couple of posts, as I read them I thought about how the gentelman might have felt as I was giving him advice, likely unwanted advice at that.

There is always a nicer, easier way to discuss these things too. Like pulling someone aside and asking them permission to give them advice, like I said earlier, advice is more welcomed when wanted. In this case it is at least welcomed if they give consent. Then you have their permission to proceed.

Just a few thoughts on this subject.

I hope we learn from this so as not to try and scare anyone away from future events. Having children present at these events is awesome, and good for the future of our recreation. Remember this.

Reno.

We got out there pretty late, but were still able to have some fun. Thanks to everyone who let us use their guns! I really enjoyed practicing with the shotgun and clays.
The .22 AR was really fun and easy to shoot as well. The Desert Eagle was fun in a different way :D

Last Edited:
Safety brief and the plaque award to the Oregon dept of Forestry is up. Nothing too exciting.

Thank you FordPrefect! Nice video! I like the captions. Only thing I noticed was the closing credits saying 'Sponsored by...' Actually, those were supporting vendors. Sponsors were Northwest Firearms and ODF Tillamook State Forest.

Other than that, it is a real pleasure to have you at so many cleanups and rolling camera at each one! I, for one, appreciate your contribution (and your willingness to share your fun toys!). Thank you sir!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads