JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think it would help. Is it okay on a dirt road and up the hill? I'm not sure how rough the road is, but I don't think it's very bad.

I'm thinking once we park along side the road up the hill, there may not be much clearance for a full size vehicle to get through.

If it's not too much trouble, bring it. You never know!

Thanks,

Bill

Dang. Salmon are here. Well, have fun at the cleanup! I'll be thinking of you while I'm fighting a big one!

OK. I'll be there. If I catch a good one Friday morning, we'll have an extra treat for lunch!

Well Bill, if you're fishing out there in your area....The salmon may be there, at least the counts show they are going through there, but they have not been biting anything me or others in the area with any regularity! Maybe the salmon hit highway 30 at Rainier an go back in the river just below Bonneville? No really, it's been a desert out there.

Jane and I will be coming Saturday, see you then.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH work just threw a wrench into my weekend plans! I had volunteered to supply burger buns. Can someone cover that for me? Sorry about that.

I think it would help. Is it okay on a dirt road and up the hill? I'm not sure how rough the road is, but I don't think it's very bad.

I'm thinking once we park along side the road up the hill, there may not be much clearance for a full size vehicle to get through.

If it's not too much trouble, bring it. You never know!

Thanks,

Bill

I doubt it would hurt it, shes not fancy. Ill see tomorrow if I can fit it into my tacoma, if not how accessible is the area towing a small trailer? wont be the first time unloading it has been sketchy...

Just finished this in time to bring it along.

image.jpeg

I doubt it would hurt it, shes not fancy. Ill see tomorrow if I can fit it into my tacoma, if not how accessible is the area towing a small trailer? wont be the first time unloading it has been sketchy...
Trailer would be just fine. You'll want to park it and unload down below, next to the dumpster on Wolf Creek Rd, and that road is great for pulling in a trailer.

Wow! Not only is this the biggest cleanup of this year, but it may be the biggest in NWFA history! Now showing 31 NWFA members plus family & friends. Others are showing up who didn't RSVP through social media or vendor outlets.

We'll have to change the name and call it the Wolf Creek Festival! They'll be coming from miles around. We may even need more food 'air dropped' to keep us alive. We'll have to make a special announcement over the PA system that "It's all Free, man! From now on, it's all free!" And some kid called Jimmy Hendrix will be playing his wild sounds of the national anthem on his AR15! Right on, man! Totally cool!

(Some will get it. Some won't.) :cool:

Well Bill, if you're fishing out there in your area....The salmon may be there, at least the counts show they are going through there, but they have not been biting anything me or others in the area with any regularity! Maybe the salmon hit highway 30 at Rainier an go back in the river just below Bonneville? No really, it's been a desert out there.

Jane and I will be coming Saturday, see you then.
Sorry to say, No fish today. Only one small Jack went by me. Too early yet. They'll come up stronger any day now.

Yes, Mike, slow to get going. They just entered the mouth of the Washougal on Monday. They seem to hang out down there for a while before moving up to me (about 2-3 miles up stream). I don't go down to the mouth because there's too many people and chances are you're likely to snag rather than hook in the mouth. I have a method to my madness but most of the ones I land have been hooked in the mouth.

I stand in the back yard and watch for waves coming out of the lower rapids. When I see them, (at 4 - 5 am), then I'll go up to the next rapids and fish. They start swirling at the bottom of the rapids and their mouths are open. They must be getting their energy up to shoot the rapids. The more fish means more will be excited enough to strike an object in their way (they don't eat anymore so they strike just because of ??? anxiety?). Very few coming through right now.

Wish I had a boat for a Columbia River float!

@Cogs, I totally forgot about your Washugal run. I do fish the Columbia prety much up around the Camas launch. Those/us folks out there aren't doing very well this year so far.

Wow! Not only is this the biggest cleanup of this year, but it may be the biggest in NWFA history! Now showing 31 NWFA members plus family & friends. Others are showing up who didn't RSVP through social media or vendor outlets.

We'll have to change the name and call it the Wolf Creek Festival! They'll be coming from miles around. We may even need more food 'air dropped' to keep us alive. We'll have to make a special announcement over the PA system that "It's all Free, man! From now on, it's all free!" And some kid called Jimmy Hendrix will be playing his wild sounds of the national anthem on his AR15! Right on, man! Totally cool!

(Some will get it. Some won't.) :cool:
Just RSVP'd. I can be 2nd cook, Parking Attendant or ?? I can alos bring a pair of FRS Radios. Anything else still needed as of today?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top