JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't use the lead removal cloth. I did until I tried Mothers Mag polish. It works so much better. Cost less per use and it does not have that irritating smell and lots less work.

Don't use the lead removal cloth. I did until I tried Mothers Mag polish. It works so much better. Cost less per use and it does not have that irritating smell and lots less work.

I disagree. I use the Birchwood Casey Lead Removal Cloth and it worked like magic, no scrubbing, using only a two-inch-square piece---there is LOTS more left.

OH Goody. But have you tried Mothers Mag polish and is this what you are basing your opinion ?

I've scrubbed with a stainless brush and Hoppe's 9 'till I'm blue in the face and still the black won't come of the front of the cylinder. "Stainless" my butt! So Mark, are you saying you just rub a little with the mother's and a soft cloth? And it comes right of, that easy? I'll have to try one or the other I suppose.

Stainless (it don't rust) not does not stain. Several thousand rounds down the road and you get a better idea. Another note, there is clean and then shinny new clean. I prefer more time at the reloading bench cuz the next time I pull the trigger the stain is back. However this is not a put down of those who want there guns shiny new clean.

stainless will rust, especially under the grips of a 1911 riding next to a sweaty body all summer.

I really want to get my stainless guns hardchromed in NP3 so I just wipe them clean and forget about maintenance altogether. :)

Wish i could remember what i found was good for this. However i can say that the newer CLP type products, FrogLube, Seal 1 and Fireclean, make it a lot easier to remove after the fact.

Also, we have a cleaning section now! :)

Stainless (it don't rust) not does not stain. Several thousand rounds down the road and you get a better idea. Another note, there is clean and then shinny new clean. I prefer more time at the reloading bench cuz the next time I pull the trigger the stain is back. However this is not a put down of those who want there guns shiny new clean.
Yes Stainless does rust - that's why it says stainless not rustless !

Hoppes and a nylon brush to clean unless there are mounds of lead or whatnot. "Stains" on the cylinder face are cosmetic and if you keep it bright and shiny and shoot a lot, you're going to remove measurable amounts of metal and waste a lot of time.
This one is fine.. especially if it spins and whatall..

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/a...us-tracker-627sh4c-cylinder-face-100_0724.jpg

55541d1368227863-taurus-tracker-627sh4c-cylinder-face-100_0724.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads