JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ad pet peeve #1: feet in pics... especially bare feet. I don't care how good the deal, I click away as soon as I see feet. I don't even want to see shoes.. unless that's what's for sale.

Ad pet peeve #2: Grainy or out of focus pics... Ya it's better than nothing, its literally harder to not take a legible photo. If your posting to the net.. you have the tech to take a decent pic.

Ad pet peeve #3: no description... saw an ad on armslist yesterday that said: M1 $300... no pic, nothing else. WTF?
is it a helmet, a rifle, or an abrahms tank?

Ad pet peeve #4: your list of demands to potential buyers being longer than your product description.... as if your doing folks a favor by letting them buy your crap. If you are selling something on a public forum, your gunna have to deal with the public... good luck making a sell when your terms are more restrictive than those of dating your daughter.

Ad pet peeve #5: no price. Thank you NWFA for that rule!

And lastly over priced items in a forum like this are not harmless... in that people browse and see what is being asked and assume that's the going rate. Then they post theirs for a similar price, and before you know it the whole forum is filled with used gear at full retail prices.

There is no way to govern what someone asks for their item. Nor will there be here at NWFA. Trust me, we have enough educated members here that there is no way the classifieds will be full of used gear at retail pricing.

The no thread cr@p rule will NEVER go away.

There is no way to govern what someone asks for their item. Nor will there be here at NWFA. Trust me, we have enough educated members here that there is no way the classifieds will be full of used gear at retail pricing.

The no thread cr@p rule will NEVER go away.
Im not suggesting anything, just making an observation.. I don't think the policy should change. especially thread crapping..

I guess that over priced items are better than an empty thread, and when I list my stuff at reasonable prices, they just look all that much better.

And TBH probably 98% of the ads I see here are fair deals. Or more than fair quite often.

Im not suggesting anything, just making an observation.. I don't think the policy should change. especially thread crapping..

I guess that over priced items are better than an empty thread, and when I list my stuff at reasonable prices, they just look all that much better.

Good post!

So just my two cents here...
First a "Thank you " to Krueji for posting this thread....
I think having this topic out in the open being discussed will be helpful.

Second a "Thank you" to all here who:
Do not "thread crap"
And also to those that are here who read the Sales Ads and can keep all those general negative type comments to themselves....again "Thank you".

It is important to remember that the rule of "Be excellent to each other" also applies to the classifieds.
Feel free to say:
Good luck with your sale...
Nice rifle...
Great price...
Or any other such positive remarks....

Many folks just visit the classifieds and a thread crap or a bunch of negative remarks can make a bad impression of all of us here at NWFA.
It is also important to remember that a seller can ask whatever price he wants...there is no law or rule for high or low pricing.

So there is my two cents...( you might even get some change back...After all its just an opinion :D )
Andy

There are many "regular" members here that started off their membership with a single classified ad. :)

Thanks for the link, but trying to locate them via searching through the forum isn't easy. They've disappeared. Which subsection did this page come from. In the top where it says:

Northwest firearms > forums > community rules

I would think then that page would be available as a actual sub forum within all of the others but it isn't.

Hope that makes sense?

I think having the rules more readily available would be great.

That way instead of those here that want to comment negatively or post a red headed clown emoji can simply just point them to the rules. Or just like this post of yours, simply post the link. Newbs can't say much in response, and they may actually read them.

There are many "regular" members here that started off their membership with a single classified ad. :)
guilty... Sold a little .22 pistol for my dad and met the first of many excellent NWFA members ... Blackcobra.
Then i594 and hard times kept me mostly out of guns till a couple years ago, and now I can't log offo_O

@Kruejl
The smoking crack emoticon was just a funny thought, I would never thread crap, and to my knowledge I never have.
It is a good thing that my computer does not have voice recognition capabilities though. Sometimes things get blurted out while reading the classifieds and other discussions here that I am sure some folks wouldn't appreciate.

Ad pet peeve #1: feet in pics... especially bare feet. I don't care how good the deal, I click away as soon as I see feet. I don't even want to see shoes.. unless that's what's for sale.

Okay I've go to say...I think it should be okay to mention the feet/shoes in someones ad and not consider it thread crapping. It helps to, ah, lighten the mood? Show that we here at NWFA have a sense of humor? "Nice shoes", "Hairy toe-knuckles"

I get needing rules for using the classifieds but lets not get too picky. The rules as laid out are pretty good. What needs to happen so that people unfamiliar with basic etiquette/rules of the forum and don't miss them is put them at the top of each section so that the reader will have to dismiss them before continuing to the classified forum.

I never even read the "Community Rules". It's mostly common sense in a polite society isn't it?

Okay I've go to say...I think it should be okay to mention the feet/shoes in someones ad and not consider it thread crapping. It helps to, ah, lighten the mood? Show that we here at NWFA have a sense of humor? "Nice shoes", "Hairy toe-knuckles"

I get needing rules for using the classifieds but lets not get too picky. The rules as laid out are pretty good. What needs to happen so that people unfamiliar with basic etiquette/rules of the forum and don't miss them is put them at the top of each section so that the reader will have to dismiss them before continuing to the classified forum.

I never even read the "Community Rules". It's mostly common sense in a polite society isn't it?
Common sense unfortunately is not so common.

How about a General Location ie: portland , Vancouver, salem,woodburn, gresham,
Not On the river or planet earth , the valley,ect ect ect

Very bottom right hand corner of any page.

gotta be honest when I read that and looked down there I laughed, sorry... that little tiny one word link at the bottom of the page is no where anyone is going to look.
I just did an old fashioned top down click thru to find the rules, the way most anyone visiting the forum would do. Its not to be found anywhere in that manner even with those tabs to help sort departments out.

If you want people to follow the rules they need to be plainly visible at the top.

It would be nice if a larger portion of the good deals on nice pistols were in Washington... seems like the majority that come up for sale are on the wrong side of the river.:(

I agree with the rule not to thread crap classified ads. If folks want to ask too much - that's their business. If folks want to pay too much, that's their business. I ignore ads that don't sit right with me. If I have a polite suggestion that might help the poster, I'll offer it up as a PM, something I've done before - usually just to suggest correcting a mistake that I see in their ad.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top