JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1238C108-4573-4BEC-93F1-CC6AFC41E28F.jpeg What is this?

And notice the little markers on the face to show where to tune for civil defense information, when we were waiting for the Rooshkies to nuke us. Really.

images.jpg Picturefolder1 161-M.jpg

Last Edited:
Even further notice...These were early high-tech solid-state car radios. No tubes!
I had a couple '64 Ramblers and my brother had a '65. In many ways they were superior to similar offerings from the Big 3. Shame they didn't have the capital to compete and survive on their own.

I had a couple '64 Ramblers and my brother had a '65. In many ways they were superior to similar offerings from the Big 3. Shame they didn't have the capital to compete and survive on their own.

Yes it was a shame they couldn't compete. They were innovative before the American public was ready to accept such innovation.

Downsized, light weight for that era, unibody construction...Attributes that eventually became the standard for all automobiles throughout the world, they were before their time.

My Mom also had a 64 Rambler Classic. With the 287 CID V-8, this was a sleeper hotrod.

The "Rambler Scrambler" aka SC/Rambler truly was a factory street competitor, and holds its own on the street, 50 years later. And the AMX, even to this day is the fastest factory produced, stock, muscle car I've ever driven.

It's hard for me not to get off track when we're discussing the great cars of the sixties, but Studebaker is another innovative car company of that era, and failed for the same reasons as AMC Rambler. They were too innovative.

Last Edited:
1963 Rambler Ambassador....My first car! Dad wouldn't let me buy my own while i was still in school. The "Blurr" was $400.00 from some close family friends with 63,000 miles. It was the 990. 4-door, V-8, Limited slip differential, with an enclosed drive line. Those lay down seats "Nash Seats"?

Something like this...
07EGO-inline1-popup.jpg

Wish I still had that ugly thing.

More like this...:cool:
fds.jpg

1964-Rambler-Classic-550-seats-folded-down-02.jpg

I remember well, when my Mom got her 64 Rambler classic with the fold down seats, the family went to the beach and camped out in the car. Froze my arse!

There's three positions with those Rambler lay down front seats.

(1) First date, it's slightly reclined.
(2) Second date, it's halfway reclined.
(3) Third date, it's fully reclined and you're getting married in nine months.

Last Edited:
Well if anything, I'm glad this thread has provided a trip down memory lane for a lot of the more experienced members. Unfortunately, to me, AMC is the channel the Walking Dead is on :confused:

1963 Rambler Ambassador....My first car! Dad wouldn't let me buy my own while i was still in school. The "Blurr" was $400.00 from some close family friends with 63,000 miles. It was the 990. 4-door, V-8, Limited slip differential, with an enclosed drive line. Those lay down seats "Nash Seats"?

Something like this...
View attachment 473818

Wish I still had that ugly thing.
Those seats were made for baby makin'!

Rambler was a cool and funky company like Studebaker and Nash, innovative but a little too funky for American tastes when most cars were flashy and unique! Sadly, all are gone! I really liked the last of the Hornets, man, that was a cool pony car that never got much luvin, and the AMC Matadore, sort of like the Ford Maverick, misunderstood classics! And who could forget a 1953 Studebaker Starlight Coupe, WAY ahead of its time, and arguably one of the vary first true muscle cars with it's 289 supercharged V-8!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top