JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am moving to WA soon, I have an OR CHL and Utah... Will I need to get a WA CHL once I move there or will Utah still apply? I know some states only allow out of state licenses if non-resident, can't find out where WA stands on this.

Easy enough, but already having one doesn't help. Go to the Sheriff, fill out the paperwork and get fingerprints. Wait for it to come in the mail. No class necessary. Not sure on the time to wait. My last renewal was pre-Covid-BS and was back in less than two weeks.

Is it at least easier in WA to get one if I have 2 already? Oregon/Utah took ~1month each.
No, it doesn't matter in the slightest. But yes, to be legal in WA as a resident, you must have a WA CPL.

Most of the sheriff's offices will have your new CPL to your mailbox within 30 days. Can't speak to any of the city PDs (if you live in the city limits, it's your local PD, if outside in unincorporated part of the county, your local SO).

Get your fingerprints, pay the fee. It's so simple...

So I am moving to WA soon, I have an OR CHL and Utah... Will I need to get a WA CHL once I move there or will Utah still apply? I know some states only allow out of state licenses if non-resident, can't find out where WA stands on this.
Had to go through this when I moved 3 years ago. Same permits. Utah was cake. Can't remember if I called or emailed about my change of address, but the option was $10 for a new card. Or just write my new address on the back and they update in on their end and call it good. Oregon on the other hand sucks. You have to get your WA permit, which is easy, before you can go back and reapply for an out of state Oregon permit (or maybe it's just an address change) either way, it was a similar process to getting your Oregon permit the first time minus having to take the class again…. So until you get your Washington and then get your new Oregon license, you're not covered in Oregon. It's a bunch of BS.

Do I NEED to get a WA permit if I'm now a resident but have Utah already? If I don't want to worry about Oregon for the short term…

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top