JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hope I'm not reposting something that was already posted.

Did you see this?

<broken link removed>

My favorite part of the article is the very last line.

"She said she plans to never keep guns in her house again."

Right.. because it's the guns fault. Not her handling of the gun.

I guess she'll never keep kitchen knives in the house either. Or clothing irons. Or a bathtub.. all of these items, gun included, require certain responsibilities, proper usage, and proper storage. Especially when you have a 2 year old around.

If she doesn't keep proper care of her firearm, maybe it's the best for all that she doesn't have one.

But, yeah, people tend to overreact against the wrong thing in these instances.

Police said as far as they know, Flow does not have a concealed weapons permit.

Normally she said it's not loaded, but when her kids found it there were bullets in the gun. The purse was sitting on the back of a couch in the family's front room.

So she was most likely illegally concealing a pistol when she left the home and didn't bother to keep her purse out of a toddler's reach.

"I'm not a bad mother," Flow said. "Anybody who knows me knows my babies mean the world to me. That was just a freak accident."
Sounds more like negligence to me and a pretty major parenting blunder. It's amazing how "freak accidents" happen much more often when certain conditions are met.

There are at least one firearm accident every week or so, very sad.

When people realize how dangerous firearms is or being careless can cause something, it's too late.

Maybe stupid people shouldn't keep guns in their houses. There must be enough challenges to contend with between the Drano and scissors.

Part of our free society, a person can buy a firearm and not know anything about them or firearm safety. Then they can screw up and sue the manufacturer or seller. I sometimes think firearm safety should be taught in our schools. Very sad event.

Part of our free society, a person can buy a firearm and not know anything about them or firearm safety. Then they can screw up and sue the manufacturer or seller. I sometimes think firearm safety should be taught in our schools. Very sad event.

Be careful what you wish for. I, for one, do not think fire arm safety should be taught in schools. My children should learn from me.

And although this lady was obviously an idiot, I still do agree with our free society and our ability to live as we wish, and make whatever decisions we wish to make, and also to suffer the consequences of the decisions we make. That's what freedom is. Go find your spot of land, make your life, live as you wish and don't bother anyone.

And people are free to sue who ever they want for whatever reason they want. The problem comes from the verdict. My problem comes from a jury of "peers" who would hold the manufacturer responsible for this persons idiocy.

Be careful what you wish for. I, for one, do not think fire arm safety should be taught in schools. My children should learn from me.

And although this lady was obviously an idiot, I still do agree with our free society and our ability to live as we wish, and make whatever decisions we wish to make, and also to suffer the consequences of the decisions we make. That's what freedom is. Go find your spot of land, make your life, live as you wish and don't bother anyone.

And people are free to sue who ever they want for whatever reason they want. The problem comes from the verdict. My problem comes from a jury of "peers" who would hold the manufacturer responsible for this persons idiocy.

I know it is 6 of one or 1/2 dozen of another. Parents need to parent. It does not always happen. I do not have a problem with risk or risky sports, sadly there is number of people and lawyers who will want to transfer that risk to someone else. As I said, "sometimes think".

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top