Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Chicago: No safe pssage after all

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Windy City body count is already beginning to pile up. A city shoiuld strive to be "Number One" at something! :rolleyes:

Chicago ‘safe passage’ not so safe; USAF review confirms the obvious

Today’s Chicago Tribune report about a blitz of Monday shootings that left five people dead and 11 more wounded revealed that a so-called “Safe Passage” route is anything but as two of the victims were shot in one of those areas, amounting to one more affirmation that gun-free zones are little more than a dangerous illusion.

www.examiner.com/article/chicago-safe-passage-not-so-safe-usaf-review-confirms-the-obvious

mjbskwim, ron and albin25 like this.
  2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Caveman Jim likes this.
  3. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Well, Chicago is the Liberal Democrats "anti-gun" model, is it not. No owner ship, no carry permits, chuck full of "gun free" zones. And a city that's been under Democratic rule for what, more than 40 years...

Kinda tells me all I need to know...

I wouldn't even let a rabid dog walk those wonderfully safe streets of the Democrats model city... And obummers home town (adopted)...

freestoneangler, ron and 41Slinger like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

But But, they (Chicago is the Liberal Democrats) blame it on the neighboring counties (Republican governed) that do not have strong gun laws.... Say it ain't so Jethro!!!:eek::eek::eek:o_O

I have a niece that left Texas to go there and she "LOVES IT". I just hope my sister and BIL never get a call that her car broke down in the wrong side of town & .......!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

mjbskwim likes this.
  5. Tony617

Tony617 Washington State Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

In lived in Chicago for a year and a half and I t was safer back in those days. Definitely don't want to live there now.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  6. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Imagine how many actual shots fired that missed intended or unintended targets. These thugs aren't exactly crack(no pun intended) shots.
    Would be interesting to hear/record what an average Saturday night sounds like in the bad part of Chicago. Must sound like a gun range.

mjbskwim likes this.
  7. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

It is because when some gang banger is arrested for illegally carrying a gun, he gets a slap on the wrist and is set free in the morning. Over and over again. The gang bangers have no fear of getting caught with a gun as there are no consequences. The local government and the courts created this problem and don't have the balls to step up to the plate and correct it. They spend more effort on training their puppy to not poop on the rug than they do teaching their young people that there are consequences for their deadly actions.

EVILZ, Caveman Jim, ron and 3 others like this.
  8. Peak_oil

Peak_oil Member

I grew up in Chicago. It's very safe in the northwest part of the city. The west side is where the trouble is. The vast majority of the violence is black people shooting each other. The northwest side is pretty safe, and the Irish carry guns on the south side (ban or no ban) so that's pretty safe, too. The cops are your buddy in the northwest side, a force to be feared on the west side.

ATCSDav likes this.
  9. Deebow

Deebow Portland Well-Known Member

:s0140:

And in other news... Water is wet....

10. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Its all those gun show guns from Indiana...

etrain16 and mjbskwim like this.
  11. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

12. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Damn gun show loophole!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

3MTA3 likes this.
  13. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Chicago Illinois... positive proof that Liberalism is indeed a mental disorder.

ATCSDav, captqc and mjbskwim like this.
  14. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

After looking at that map I see there isn't any safe place in Chicago city limits.
    Nice town, think I'll take the kids on vacation there.

15. Boboclown

Boboclown North Carolina Well-Known Member

But... I thought Chicago was the safest place in the United States with its tough gun control. :rolleyes: