JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d2f_1275365357

Chicago Mayor Daley Refuses to Say if Homeowner Will be Charged for killing intruder

"This is just beyond the realm of insanity. Recently, an 80-year-old Chicago resident, who is a Korean War veteran, shot back at a home intruder. The robber missed, but the homeowner did not, and apparently Mayor Daley is still not saying whether or not the homeowner will face charges for killing the intruder."

Chicago citizens need to stand up. They should have a right to defend themselves. At home or on the streets. The government is out of control.

God help us!

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/would-be-burglar-shot-to-death-by-west-side-resident.html

Wife of 80-year-old who shot intruder: 'He saved our lives'

"As an 80-year-old Army veteran, his wife and great-grandson slept in their Humboldt Park home just before dawn Wednesday, a would-be burglar busted a basement window, crawled over discarded bikes and paint buckets, and made his way up winding stairs to an enclosed porch.

The intruder -- who police said wore stockings over his hands to keep from leaving prints -- wiggled the brass doorknob of the locked door that led to the first-floor apartment, but it didn't open, the family said. He then turned to the oversized glass window of the 80-year-old's bedroom, pulled out his gun and shot, police and family said.

But just as the man got off a second round, the homeowner, who had a handgun of his own, fired a single shot, killing the intruder, a police source said.

"He missed, (but) my daddy didn't," said the 80-year-old's son, Butch Gant, who lives upstairs in the two-flat in the 600 block of North Sawyer Avenue.

The shooting comes as the U.S. Supreme Court is expected to rule by the end of June on Chicago's decades-old ban on possessing handguns. During oral arguments in March, the court's majority appeared almost certain to strike down the city ordinance and rule that residents have a right to a handgun at home..."

More of the story at the link above. Stand up Chicago Citizens!

Not mine but a quote worth posting...

"This politician represents the epitome of Leftism/Progresivism thought and Political Correctness, complete stupidity and lack of common sense. If someone invades your house is not just your right but also your DUTY to protect your property, your family and integrity.

This further proves that politicians don't give a flying ---- about regular citizens!!!"

Posted by "Jihadslayer" (R) Costa Rica

I actually find this quite amusing because Daley is hosed no matter what he does. If he directs the police to go ahead and charge the homeowner the city of Chicago will want his head. If he doesn't it just proves what a hypocrite he is. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

I actually find this quite amusing because Daley is hosed no matter what he does. If he directs the police to go ahead and charge the homeowner the city of Chicago will want his head. If he doesn't it just proves what a hypocrite he is. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

You said it brother - Daley is hosed no matter which way he goes. :D
Gotta love it!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d2f_1275365357

Chicago Mayor Daley Refuses to Say if Homeowner Will be Charged for killing intruder

"This is just beyond the realm of insanity. Recently, an 80-year-old Chicago resident, who is a Korean War veteran, shot back at a home intruder. The robber missed, but the homeowner did not, and apparently Mayor Daley is still not saying whether or not the homeowner will face charges for killing the intruder."

Chicago citizens need to stand up. They should have a right to defend themselves. At home or on the streets. The government is out of control.

God help us!

I don't like the Chicago law but I don't live there, that law has been in effect since the 80's and the locals have not put up much of a fight over it.
The Supreme Court appears about to strike that law down, however, they will take no responsibility for the outcome of that decision. The local gov has taken responsiblity and lots of flack for this decision and yet it has stood for over 20 years. I favor a responsible local gov over a non responsible group of out of touch, judges.

Frankly, last time I was in Chicago I was happy I didn't have a gun with me as I sat on an expressway for 3 hours, if I wanted a way out I would have to use the rental car's hood to bash my brains out! And these people live with this daily, no pun intended.

The local gov has taken responsiblity and lots of flack for this decision and yet it has stood for over 20 years. I favor a responsible local gov over a non responsible group of out of touch, judges.
Twenty years of crime statistics have shown that the City of Chicago's "responsible laws" haven't worked.
To continue to do the same thing and expect different results is the populist definition of insanity.
It is in fact, the lawmakers in Chicago that are out of touch with current trends and statistical proof of handgun ownership's positive influence on crime rates.

And as far as those "non responsible" judges go, they are responsible for applying constitutional framework to new and existing laws. I can think of few responsibilities in our government greater than this one. They certainly are more responsible than our current crop of lawmakers, which have a record of tossing The Constitution under the bus.
I take it your "out of touch" remark has to do with the fact that the current SCOTUS majority was appointed by those on the opposite side of the political spectrum from which your political perspective originates.

For that I believe all gun owners should be thankful.

Twenty years of crime statistics have shown that the City of Chicago's "responsible laws" haven't worked.
To continue to do the same thing and expect different results is the populist definition of insanity.
It is in fact, the lawmakers in Chicago that are out of touch with current trends and statistical proof of handgun ownership's positive influence on crime rates.

And as far as those "non responsible" judges go, they are responsible for applying constitutional framework to new and existing laws. I can think of few responsibilities in our government greater than this one. They certainly are more responsible than our current crop of lawmakers, which have a record of tossing The Constitution under the bus.
I take it your "out of touch" remark has to do with the fact that the current SCOTUS majority was appointed by those on the opposite side of the political spectrum from which your political perspective originates.

For that I believe all gun owners should be thankful.

The crime stats show nothing at all, since you don't have a control group Chicago without the handgun ban, without that all your doing is speculating, and your not even doing that with any objectivity.

Your next satement about stats showing that handguns lower crime rates is also based on total BS. I guess you believe anything as long as it supports your point of view, without looking any of these props in the mouth?

Yes the reponsiblity of being a judge is great but there is no responsiblity for the outcome, this is just as it is! Give us your list of tossing the constitution under the bus and I'll give you back a list of more baseless speculation.

As far as the SCOTUS being appointed, he was by popular vote over the old man and the hair do lady. If you can't get over that they you just may be out of touch, too!

Recently chief justice Roberts asked what the difference was "between email and a pager?". That's pretty out of touch, wouldn't you say? And this luddite is going to decide on tech issues like the ones related to our basic privacy, sheesh.

OK, you got me on that one, thanks for filling me in.
It really is pretty goofy, I should have checked it.

I still think the people of Chicago should be free to establish their own policy towards handguns and work that out as a local issue. This goes back to my feeling of support with the local sherrif in an old western movie that took the guns away from Black Barts men before he let them into town to go to Mrs. Kittys house of pleasure, maybe he had a point in doing that, and at bare minimum he took repsonsibilty for these actions. When we let the irresponsible make decisions that usually results in a huge mistake.

It's called "contempt prior to investigation" A Lib/Progressive trait.........

Absurd, you guys got me on this one but i've gotten you a hundred times for doing the same sort of thing, sheesh! Maybe you could learn something from my mistake, I did.

Then by your same logic the people of Chicago should be able to establish their own policy regarding freedom of speech? Or search and seizure? How about due process or cruel and unusual punishment?

I still think the people of Chicago should be free to establish their own policy towards handguns and work that out as a local issue.

I think the people should too,...

It's Chicago's crooked politicians that make the policies though.

Obviously one of the 80 year old people in Chicago made a policy he was comfortable with. Thank God for that!

Now we'll see if the crooked policy makers are able to appreciate the wisdom of the policy he adopted.

Like someone mentioned above, Emperor Daley has no clothes where this case is concerned. He's screwed no matter which way he jumps.

The crime stats show nothing at all, since you don't have a control group Chicago without the handgun ban, without that all your doing is speculating, and your not even doing that with any objectivity.

Your next satement about stats showing that handguns lower crime rates is also based on total BS. I guess you believe anything as long as it supports your point of view, without looking any of these props in the mouth?

haven't read the FBI crime statistics have you? In EVERY area where gun control has been loosened and concealed carry allowed the crime rates have gone down.

Here are some published in the July/August "American Handgunner"

77%
Violent crime increase in UK since 1997

Violent crime per 100k in UK

Violent crime per 100k in South Africa

Violent crimes per 100k in Canada

Violent crime per 100k in US!!

But with your attitude I don't expect mere truth to mean anything to you at all.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I still think the people of Chicago should be free to establish their own policy towards handguns and work that out as a local issue.

So in short, you feel that the good folks of Chicago should be able to overule the US Constitution? So that means that the folks in some of the southern states should be able to reinstate slavery and "work that out as a local issue"? Maybe the good folks in Oregon can just abolish freedom of speech "and work that out as a local issue"? Also, the good folks in Arizona should be able to set up a law to deport all Mexicans, legal or not and "work that out on a local level"? LOL.

State's rights do not allow for violation of RIGHTS guaranteed by the Constitution! Please take that message and pass it on through the rest of the progressives on up to the Messiah himself! The Constitution is the governing document of our entire country. I know that has been problematic at times for you guys, but it is the way it is.

Absurd, you guys got me on this one but i've gotten you a hundred times for doing the same sort of thing, sheesh! Maybe you could learn something from my mistake, I did.

Oh come on, you post BS and everybody else is suppose to learn something.........:rolleyes:

....I still think the people of Chicago should be free to establish their own policy towards handguns and work that out as a local issue. This goes back to my feeling of support with the local sherrif in an old western movie....

So if we take your "logic" to its ultimate conclusion...should we then let the white majority in some small Mississippi town "establish their own policy" towards slavery, or segregation of the black minority in their city...as a "local issue"? With the support of their "local" sheriff?

Its a constitutional right. It should not be subject to the whims of a local political demagogue.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews