Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Chicago mayer Rahm Emanuel blames/shuts down small businesses to lessen street crime

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bigfoot, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

Next he's gonna blame the guns for the crimes.

Great idea...close businesses, make more unemployment, have less competition, higher prices, unconstitutionally violate private property rights and the crime will simply relocate.

Reason magazine dubbed Illinois the biggest Nanny state in the nation, looks like they are in a race to the bottom with California.

Mayor says problem liquor stores a

Wouldn't this be racist though? Creating alcohol and snack food deserts?

I'm guessing these small business are non-union? And I'm also guessing that if one of these businesses pays off the right person their license is safe.

kenno and (deleted member) like this.
  2. jimwsea

jimwsea Vancouver, Washington state Active Member

That's one way to stamp out competition.

3. Contract_Pilot

Contract_Pilot Vancouver, Washington Active Member

All I have to say is "Delta City" and "Robo Cop"

4. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Chicago politicians are as corrupt as they get. Rahm Emanuel gives me the creeps just looking at him. Gangs are the problem, genius, not liquor stores. Go ask Rudy Giuliani how to clean-up your butthole of a city.

5. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Enema?

6. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

That's the standard liberal/progressive protocol.
    Picking winners and losers is their idea of promoting "fairness" and "social justice."
    Especially in times of "crisis." Never mind what caused the crisis, or even it's major contributors.

Of course the real losers are the people. Especially the ones that believe in constitutional and/or free market principles.

Or maybe it's the possibility that with Illinois/Chicago's gun laws changing, there's a good chance that a greater number of store owners would arm themselves, thereby "cheating" untold numbers of neighborhood thugs out of their livelihoods.

7. Airman

Airman WA Member

The way this was presented by some of the Liberal commentators, like Bob Beckel, was that these shops were "fronts" usually owned by "Arabs", that basically operated as "illegal drug dispensaries".

Now that I've read the article, I have only one question. How many of these targeted stores are owned by African Americans? I'm guessing none.
    I'm also guessing it's not so much WHAT these stores sells, as it is WHO is selling it.

8. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

Look at what has happened in every democrat controled city in the country
    Detroit!???

Detroit is a PAW Town, there is even a book that documents it's rise and fall "Detroit; A Biopgraphy"

These "Liberals" all exhibit pathological symptoms in thier private lives, is it any wonder that they inject the same pathology into society?