JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Next he's gonna blame the guns for the crimes.

Great idea...close businesses, make more unemployment, have less competition, higher prices, unconstitutionally violate private property rights and the crime will simply relocate.

Reason magazine dubbed Illinois the biggest Nanny state in the nation, looks like they are in a race to the bottom with California.

<broken link removed>

With Chicago's murder rate up 60 percent over last year, Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday launched a coordinated crackdown aimed at shutting down liquor and convenience stores that serve as magnets for crime.

"These locations often harbor drug dealers and street gang members and become a cancer on the community," the mayor told the first graduating class of police recruits since he took office.

"By taking aggressive enforcement action, we can send a clear message that the streets of Chicago belong to the children and the law-abiding residents of Chicago &#8212; not drug dealers and gang bangers."

Until now, Emanuel said the city has relied on consumer complaints before moving to suspend or revoke the licenses of liquor and convenience stores.

Under the new and coordinated approach, City Hall will no longer wait for a major incident, such as a shooting, to trigger enforcement action.

Information will be pulled from 311 calls and from all city departments involved with enforcement including Business Affairs and Consumer Protection, Police, Streets and Sanitation, Health and Buildings.

Whenever there's a string of problems, arrests or a pattern of complaints against an establishment, the city "will move to revoke the liquor license and any other city business licenses," officials said. The city may also ask the Illinois General Assembly to "strengthen legislation so the city's authority in this area is strong," officials said.

Since 2008, the city has revoked the licenses of 105 businesses that fall into the convenience store or liquor store category.

Wouldn't this be racist though? Creating alcohol and snack food deserts?

I'm guessing these small business are non-union? And I'm also guessing that if one of these businesses pays off the right person their license is safe.

Chicago politicians are as corrupt as they get. Rahm Emanuel gives me the creeps just looking at him. Gangs are the problem, genius, not liquor stores. Go ask Rudy Giuliani how to clean-up your butthole of a city.

That's the standard liberal/progressive protocol.
Picking winners and losers is their idea of promoting "fairness" and "social justice."
Especially in times of "crisis." Never mind what caused the crisis, or even it's major contributors.

Of course the real losers are the people. Especially the ones that believe in constitutional and/or free market principles.

Or maybe it's the possibility that with Illinois/Chicago's gun laws changing, there's a good chance that a greater number of store owners would arm themselves, thereby "cheating" untold numbers of neighborhood thugs out of their livelihoods.

The way this was presented by some of the Liberal commentators, like Bob Beckel, was that these shops were "fronts" usually owned by "Arabs", that basically operated as "illegal drug dispensaries".

Now that I've read the article, I have only one question. How many of these targeted stores are owned by African Americans? I'm guessing none.
I'm also guessing it's not so much WHAT these stores sells, as it is WHO is selling it.

Look at what has happened in every democrat controled city in the country
Detroit!???

Detroit is a PAW Town, there is even a book that documents it's rise and fall "Detroit; A Biopgraphy"

These "Liberals" all exhibit pathological symptoms in thier private lives, is it any wonder that they inject the same pathology into society?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top