JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Windy City body count continues climbing

Two more people were murdered and 14 other wounded in weekend shootings in Chicago, according to today’s Chicago Sun-Times, but according to today’s Capitol Fax blog, Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s lobbyists “are engaged in serious talks with the NRA” about how to crack down on criminals and lower the body count.

<broken link removed>

were it up to me... I'd simply order a few million Hi Point carbines and hand guns using the taxes that were supposed to be paying the town hall/congressional lobbyists/pork barrel projects and issue them to the citizenry....without ammo. let em buy ammo themselves...and then tell the PD to stay out of the city and see what happens. sure there might be several "slum lords" and gangs shooting it out between each other, but once the city undergoes a sort of purge...and the remaining survivors....we'll see if Chicago is truly lost or not... ;) but that is just the cynical me.

Detroit and Chicago should have a "Last gang member standing" shoot out and then there would only be one gang member to arrest. Give the innocents a week to hide or get out (like we do prior to going to war) and then drive around a street sweeper to collect the empty brass. If Portland's gang bangers were "all that" they would be in Detroit or Chicago rather than hiding out in Portland.

Can Ram work with the NRA? I was shocked to read that. Could he really be considering trying to stop the criminals instead of trying to control the people?

I would be shocked if this actually happens. Hey, maybe pigs can fly.

Don't be too shocked. For people like Rahm, 'working' with the NRA means attempting to strongarm them to support additional legislation that further erodes decent folks' rights.

Keith

"Don't worry, folks. It's all part of the show!" A feeble attempt at looking like there might be a change from creating a City filled with victims that turn every dime they have over to Government to protect them. This is exactly what the Lords of the Castle did in the Middle ages. Nothing New Here!!

Here's a follow-up:

Illinois gun advocate says ISRA &#8216;not buying Rahm's bill'

Responding to yesterday's report in Capitol Fax that anti-gun Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's administration is trying to negotiate with the National Rifle Association and Illinois State Rifle Association, the ISRA executive director contacted Examiner to state emphatically, "We're not buying any part of Rahm Emanuel's bill."

<broken link removed>

Serious talks with the NRA? What for? Do they really want to open that can of worms? I highly doubt it! Chicago would privatize their police force before they repeal all their archaic firearm laws...

It should not be much of a leap, since the NRA was instrumental in pushing the "Three Strikes" and "Hard Time for Armed Crime" concepts here in Washington State more than 15 years ago.
Let me ask you a question, you Evergreen State residents, how effective these "concepts" have been instrumental in reducing violent crime?

I am no expert, but I've always thought that these kind of initiative have little effect in deterring crime. Criminals are criminals because they are sure they can get away with it. There is no deterrence like the prospect of looking down the barrel of a 45. John Lott research shows criminals are more afraid of an armed citizen than police.

I'm probably going to be roasted on a spit, but the best thing that Chicago, Detroit and all these other cesspools could do is fully support the Second Amendment and support the law abiding citizen. When the law abiding citizens have had enough of being taken advantage of by the city mobsters in power and the gang members, maybe they then will they realize that they have the power to protect themselves and take their city back. I'd fully encourage a standing " shoot on sight" order for any known gang member......when you start stacking dead gang bangers bodies at the county morgue like cord wood, you could have the whole issue solved in less than a month.

I'm probably going to be roasted on a spit, but the best thing that Chicago, Detroit and all these other cesspools could do is fully support the Second Amendment and support the law abiding citizen. When the law abiding citizens have had enough of being taken advantage of by the city mobsters in power and the gang members, maybe they then will they realize that they have the power to protect themselves and take their city back. I'd fully encourage a standing " shoot on sight" order for any known gang member......when you start stacking dead gang bangers bodies at the county morgue like cord wood, you could have the whole issue solved in less than a month.

Yeah, well as much as we talk about the 2A, there are also concepts like due process and the legal system. Now a DA or chief LEO making it know that you will not be prosecuted for defending yourself from aggressive gangs who brandish weapons and make threats could have a similar effect with only slight legal ambiguity. But there will always be the boys' mamas saying "he was just starting to turn his life around" or "he was really a good boy" etc. that would complicate things.

Yeah, well as much as we talk about the 2A, there are also concepts like due process and the legal system. Now a DA or chief LEO making it know that you will not be prosecuted for defending yourself from aggressive gangs who brandish weapons and make threats could have a similar effect with only slight legal ambiguity. But there will always be the boys' mamas saying "he was just starting to turn his life around" or "he was really a good boy" etc. that would complicate things.

The ROE's seemed to have changed in the last year or so as it appears the LEO's have thrown due process right out the window. I'm not advocating vigilantism, I'm simply pointing out that exercising the right to self preservation is an inalienable right and should be treated as such by individuals as well as politicians regardless of the outcome.

At the rate this is going, that is what will eventually happen regardless of them supporting gun ownership and the right of self defense.
People are getting fed up with bullcrap and will eventually turn Kersey (Bronson syndrome) on the Azzes and the stacking will begin.
GOOD PEOPLE THERE SHOULD ALL ORGNIZE and arm themselves in numbers that outnumber the police and just say stay the hell out of our way and we'll get the job done.

You forgot that most "gangstas" have brown or black skin, and Holder's DOJ would never stand for any of that. ;)

Holder and his minions don't seem to have a problem murdering innocent brown skinned women and children with Obama's drones......what's the diff? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless if they live in Fallujah or Chicago....Holder can suck it. Besides, which one is a greater threat to our national security? A moron Taliban in a cave eight thousand miles away or one that works for General Motors in Detroit?

The gang bangers already "complicate" things. Hell with them and their mommas. The gangCRAP has to be stopped. Its been going on for 2 or 3 decades. Enough is enough. If they want to live like that get the hell out and move To Columbia and stay there.
Give them a warning to straighten up or get the hell out of the country or occupy a 6 ft hole.
PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE TO TAKE THEIR S>HITE.

Holder and his minions don't seem to have a problem murdering innocent brown skinned women and children with Obama's drones......what's the diff? A terrorist is a terrorist regardless if they live in Fallujah or Chicago....Holder can suck it. Besides, which one is a greater threat to our national security? A moron Taliban in a cave eight thousand miles away or one that works for General Motors in Detroit?

The thing is, most of them don't and won't work at anything but burglary, robbery and selling drugs and pimping.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top