JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a reference the other day to the now defunct Paladin Press. I remember being on their mailing list for a while as, so I recall, was my father back in the day. Now, granted, they had some actually good books on guns, as well as manual reprints. And some of the material was from the scientific community (Dr. Clayton's work comes to mind). However, a lot of the books were unintentionally hilarious, dangerous, illegal if done, or just plain silly. Entertaining, if nothing else.

Any cheesy gun-related things you remember from back in the day you secretly miss? Why the guilty pleasure? Thanks for sharing.

Last Edited:
This might draw fire.

I miss toy guns . Yep ,real looking, black plastic, no orange muzzle block, gets you shot by the cops toy guns. I know that they are a bad idea. I loved them when I was a kid.
I had a toy machine gun in the 70's was the coolest, and revolver with the red caps that look like a speed loader.

Speaking of toy guns....

Many , many moons ago , I got as a birthday present a realistic looking Thompson Submachine gun toy gun.
You pulled back the spring loaded bolt....pulled the trigger and got a awesome BRRRRRRUP sound from the toy gun.

After awhile of doing this seemingly non-stop....I remember my mom taking the gun...and stating in no uncertain terms that :
"This is an outside toy!!!!!!!!" :eek: :D

Paladin Press did have some very good books...as well as some WTF ones.
Soldier of Fortune magazines from the 70's and 80's were cool to read when I was a kid.

Cheesy...
Well done pin up art of girls and guns.
Andy

Bump-Fire Stocks.....
Rambo survival Knives....
As for Pallidan press I came across 2 discs containing their full compliment. Some great stuff.
As for Soldier of Fortune magazine , in my youth I hoarded up all issues till 2003-2004. I dumped my subscription at that point as there were less articles vs. Advertising. I remember in the mid 80's you could buy a lifetime subscription for $99.

American Survival magazine
SWAT was good too.
All the cheap surplus guns and ammo I disliked due to the "black rifle " spell many of us were under...

This might draw fire.

I miss toy guns . Yep ,real looking, black plastic, no orange muzzle block, gets you shot by the cops toy guns. I know that they are a bad idea. I loved them when I was a kid.
This. My childhood was not easiest. I would escape by grabbing my plastic 1911 and go on adventures for hours. I could be a police officer, jungle explorer or super secret special agent. It had the weight and heft of the real thing. Really wish I still had that toy gun. This is the one I adventure with these days

E161909D-AA66-482A-93E3-DF94C14E9683.jpeg

Last Edited:
Speaking of toy guns....

Many , many moons ago , I got as a birthday present a realistic looking Thompson Submachine gun toy gun.
You pulled back the spring loaded bolt....pulled the trigger and got a awesome BRRRRRRUP sound from the toy gun.

After awhile of doing this seemingly non-stop....I remember my mom taking the gun...and stating in no uncertain terms that :
"This is an outside toy!!!!!!!!" :eek: :D

Paladin Press did have some very good books...as well as some WTF ones.
Soldier of Fortune magazines from the 70's and 80's were cool to read when I was a kid.

Cheesy...
Well done pin up art of girls and guns.
Andy
Well duh Tommy guns are an outside toy gawd !

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top