Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Check out my deer hanging device

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by soberups, Nov 10, 2013.

1. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

I had this made at a local welding shop from the same tubular steel that is used in trailer hitches. It slides into my receiver (it even has a hole for the pin) and sticks out far enough to allow the tailgate to be opened. There is another hole in the top bar where a bolt with a heavy duty pulley could be mounted. I havent installed the pulley yet, but I was still able to use it for hanging and skinning the deer I shot this morning. Its great to have if you dont have a suitable tree to hang your deer from.

null_zps91ccb374.jpg

null_zps2f5da1ac.jpg

2. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

Don't see any bullit holes.......saving ammo?:worship:

3. sheepdip

sheepdip Redland Well-Known Member

Nice buck.:thumbup:

4. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

The buck was quartering toward me, I hit it just behind the right shoulder which isnt visible in the photo. I couldnt find an exit hole, which is strange because I was using a 30-06 with a 150 grain CorLokt that should have gone all the way thru. The deer dropped in its tracks and died instantly, I think the bullet hit a rib and part of the shoulder bone and just blew up inside the chest cavity.

5. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

6. scrub buck

scrub buck pa Member

nice buck.. n.. hanger

7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That's awesome! After schlepping my buck and dealing with finding a decent tree branch and rinsing bark/moss off of it after it was skinned, I determined that I'm going to build something like this as well!

I got some extra ideas that'll make a neat and versatile kit.

Oh yeah.... NICE BUCK!! :thumbup: