JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What do you all do with old cell phones? I have an old flip phone that is in great shape. It has a new memory chip (put the old one in my new phone) and house and car chargers.
Seems like a waste to just throw it away.
Ed

Don't throw away!
Three options:
1. Save and keep for emergency 911 calls. They, by law, have to always connect with 911. Delete all your personal information first, in case it gets stolen. You can keep it in your car or by your bedside.
2. Donate to charitable organizations that give them to needy people for 911 calls mentioned above.
3. Sell on ebay or craigslist. People buy these because their phone died.
Blue Skies!

I use my old smartish phone as a music server in the car (works the same as an Ipod but will store WAV files) and as a camera. The uses hers to play music on her excersize bike.

There's a website...I think it's called Gazelle? that buys old cell phones and electronics. Also, I think there is several donation programs. Or you could just shoot it...that's pretty satisfying!

What do we do with our old cell phone?

We use it, that's what we do with it. It works fine, if we gave it away then we'd have to buy a new one! It's an early LG picture phone. It does have internet capabilities, but we've never used it for that we have a computer at home, besides that would cost more.

I don't understand why everyone needs to throw something away just because another model of the same thing comes out.

Oh, it's because the adds tell you, "YOU NEED THIS NEW PHONE".
Yeah.

Mike

I don't understand why everyone needs to throw something away just because another model of the same thing comes out.

Oh, it's because the adds tell you, "YOU NEED THIS NEW PHONE".
Yeah.

Mike
Because many people today NEED a modern phone, and others just love the ease and fun of new technology. Flip phones are very nice but in business nearly everyone needs a smart, or high quality phone. I would be dead in the water half the time if I could not have internet on my phone. The ability to take good photos or videos and email, text or upload them to an online server is very handy. I love the fact that I can look at what I am working on, take a picture, and text it to whomever I need it to to help them get the correct part for me. I can scan a barcode to instantly see if the store I am at has the best price. I can watch movies or TV when I am bored or waiting. Listen to thousands of different radio stations.

No one NEEDS an AR 15 or a 1911 or a Glock when we have "perfectly" good black powder muskets and handguns.

BTW, if it is a good phone, donate it. The SD cards are very handy to keep information on.

use it as a back up phone, if you ever break or soak your phone your going to be without a phone untill your service provider sends you a new one. in the anodizing industry there is nothing like having a cell phone that can take an 8mp picture to send it to customers, coworkers, boss, friends. or donate to the phones for vets organization.

I don't know about other shelters but this one takes phones: pwcl.org/donate/donate-used-cell-phones/
Also Multnomah County will take them at the following: <broken link removed>

I realize some of you are outside Portland, but I would imagine you will have similar options...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top