JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have Patriot Mobil? I currently have AT&T and have had them for the past 20+ years. Lately I haven't been so happy with the service. In order for my phone to work at my house I have to use one of there stupid Mcell towers hooked to my internet. Last week when we had a power outage for two days I had no way to use my phone. My buddy has version and his phone works perfectly here at my house to I was planning on going with them. But then seen an add for this Patriot Mobile and thought that may be the way to go.

so I was just curious if anyone here has them and what they think if they do.

Dave

Every provider of cell service has dead spots inside their coverage. Cell phones are radios and this is just the nature of the beast. I don't know who Patriot Mobile is, but I can guarantee you that they get their service from AT&T or Sprint/TMobile or Verizon. All the rest of the providers buy their service/time/data from one of those four/five.

I have TextNow, but they buy data from Sprint and resell it as they are a VOIP provider.

I've had TMobile and Verizon and they both had dead spots.

The key is where the dead spots are - if they are at your home or work, then you have a problem. I had Verizon and then I moved and it was dead at both my home and at work, so I switched to TMobile. When I moved here, same thing happened with TMobile and I went to TextNow/Sprint.

Find someone with a phone that works where you absolutely need it to work, like at home, then find out who the underlying service provider is and get a phone that uses that provider, either directly or indirectly.

Every provider of cell service has dead spots inside their coverage. Cell phones are radios and this is just the nature of the beast. I don't know who Patriot Mobile is, but I can guarantee you that they get their service from AT&T or Sprint/TMobile or Verizon. All the rest of the providers buy their service/time/data from one of those four/five.

I have TextNow, but they buy data from Sprint and resell it as they are a VOIP provider.

I've had TMobile and Verizon and they both had dead spots.

The key is where the dead spots are - if they are at your home or work, then you have a problem. I had Verizon and then I moved and it was dead at both my home and at work, so I switched to TMobile. When I moved here, same thing happened with TMobile and I went to TextNow/Sprint.

Find someone with a phone that works where you absolutely need it to work, like at home, then find out who the underlying service provider is and get a phone that uses that provider, either directly or indirectly.

Their website shows coverage for my area and their rates are exactly the same as Verizon so one would assume they use Verizon. I like the fact that they support 1A and 2A also donate to conservative value organizations. But I guess if their just buying time from the big guys they are also supporting leftest values In a way. I just thought if someone on here had them and could give me a little information like they suck stay away or a they work everywhere I go type statement I might give them a try.

From what I understand AT&T was a big contributor to China Joe's campaign and also support gun control.

Verizon is currently over provisioning their service, and not upgrading or installing new towers to handle the capacity. I had to switch because even though their coverage shows good in my area, eventually I couldn't make calls from home.

Also to keep in mind, since you're considering a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator), their subscribers get less priority than those who are directly provisioned through the network owner (Verizon, AT&T, Sprint/T-Mobile).

I was with Verizon for 15 years, never really needed to call them until I got tired of calls dropping in the past few years. I've had the worst customer service with Verizon, almost anything you call in for besides the most basic of things, they will transfer you around to different departments and nobody knows what is going on besides the script they're told to read. Just as bad as Comcast. Monopolies often behave this way because the consumer has little choice otherwise.

-Robert

Who is your home ISP?
If you use Comcast, Xfinity Mobile is an option. Uses Verizon towers.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top