JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guns are protected by the constitution........drugs are not. I spend a lot of money every year to support gun rights and to oppose drug use and users. I have had a great drug free life and have developed the resources to effect legislative issues important to me. Your arguments are weak and have no founding in history or fact. Washington State will be after your guns any way they can and you have neither the recourses or strength to stop them. If they have to, they will use the marijuana issue to do it but I doubt they will have to dig that far into there bag of tricks. You have been ineffective in protecting your second ammendment rights by supporting pro gun advocates that are also frequently anti drug. It looks like you have made your choice.......live with it.

I do not have an issue with non drunks owning or shooting guns, the difference is if you enjoy a beer, it doesn't effect your logic or reason unless you drink many......do that often enough and you are destine for a felony that will permanently restrict your ability to own guns. With drugs, no one uses and stops before getting high (similar to drunk) I don't like drunks a bit but someone that has a drink is no problem.

Most legit medical users dont do enough to get blotto high. They have a relatively high tolerance and micro dose to the point they feel the effects but not over. Same as a drinker having a beer or two. Colors and music might be a bit altered but the medical users I know are pretty adamant about not being in it to get high. Theyre just tired of doctors shoving opiates at them for legitimate chronic pain and the crap health problems that go along with the approved medicine lifestyle.

Guns are protected by the constitution........drugs are not. I spend a lot of money every year to support gun rights and to oppose drug use and users. I have had a great drug free life and have developed the resources to effect legislative issues important to me. Your arguments are weak and have no founding in history or fact. Washington State will be after your guns any way they can and you have neither the recourses or strength to stop them. If they have to, they will use the marijuana issue to do it but I doubt they will have to dig that far into there bag of tricks. You have been ineffective in protecting your second ammendment rights by supporting pro gun advocates that are also frequently anti drug. It looks like you have made your choice.......live with it.

What are you talking about? Washington and Oregon were just fine until all the Californians came up here and decided to come fix our states with all their laws and legislation.

I am glad you are anti-drug.. Maybe, next election we can elect another Mao Zedung to effectively wipe out the pot users.

BTW, did you know what Mao Zedung did to gun owners in China?
Gun Control: A Tyrant's Tool in World History - Breitbart

It is people who support big government bureaucracies are the ones who are stripping us of our freedoms , not the other way around. Sorry, but it is people like you who have been ineffective in protecting our second amendment rights.

If Jeff Sessions decides to start raiding pot stores and incarcerating marijuana cultivators, sellers and users you can bet the Republicans and any so-called pro-gun party will never see the light of day in our country again or at least for decades (as long as it takes Libertarians to become a significant and respected party). If the Democrats take control of the White House and Congress in 2020, maybe you will have wished you listened to me. These politicians keep forgetting they were elected into power and enforcing laws, especially ones their voters don't support, alone isn't what makes them popular or will keep them around.

The simple answer is the right to smoke anything is not a right given by the constitution. The laws against marijuana use are spelled out in legally passed federal legislation. The states have no right to make laws contradicting the Fed. During prohibition there were states that did not ratify the 13th amendment but there were enough to make it the law of the entire country and they had to abide by them. That is what the issue is here.

I have mentioned this before but this "pot thing" is starting to scare me a little. When I was a kid I smoked it a LOT. If I was not one day it was because none of us had any or money to buy some. When I got into adulthood it slowed way down. When drug testing became a thing it stopped totally. I never thought of it as addicting. Something has to have happened. The way people now will go to extremes like they do now to justify it worries me. People will make every excuse under the sun including trying to pretend it was in the constitution. This is telling me this stuff has to be having some kind of nasty effect on the human brain.

I have mentioned this before but this "pot thing" is starting to scare me a little. When I was a kid I smoked it a LOT. If I was not one day it was because none of us had any or money to buy some. When I got into adulthood it slowed way down. When drug testing became a thing it stopped totally. I never thought of it as addicting. Something has to have happened. The way people now will go to extremes like they do now to justify it worries me. People will make every excuse under the sun including trying to pretend it was in the constitution. This is telling me this stuff has to be having some kind of nasty effect on the human brain.

Like when Obama announced the Assault Weapon Ban after Sandy Hook and all those people cleaned out the gun stores and people went into a gun, mag and ammo buying frenzy. Literally, when I purchased the last AR-15 at my local Sportsman Warehouse after Sandy Hook I had people begging me to sell it to them for a hundreds more than I paid for it right at the counter. It was insane!

Prohibition does have a real effect on the brain. WHen you legalize something and then criminalize it people tend to go crazy. If anything I think gun owners are a prime example of this issue. Call it insanity, I call it people panicking as a result of losing their freedoms. How many of you are guilty of buying P-Mags at 5 to 10 times the cost when you couldn't find them in the store anymore?

BTW, as far as what is and is not in the Constitution can always be subjective. If a person smokes marijuana because it is part of his religion, then by incriminating him for doing so, you could in theory be violating his 1st Amendment rights. Or, by refusing a medical patient their medicine, that could also be considered in bringing harm and violating a person's human rights. For example, if a cancer patient is responding well to treatment with cannabis and then the government forces them to stop, they get sick and die, I would think the government would be responsible for the death of that person. Our laws are meant to protect our citizens, not put them into harm's way to fulfill bureaucratic mandates.

Last Edited:
You are a minority........I can't think of any current drug user that voted for Trump and he won handily. He is currently raising 10.00 to 1 that the Democrats are. I am sure the number of druggies voting is minuscule and the percentage of those that are pro 2nd amendment is a fraction of a percent as illustrated by recient elections in Washington, Oregon and California. It looks like you can't win. Every time legislatures vote pro drugs the same people turn around and vote anti gun. The druggies aren't even United....the medical users in California are upset because the drug is slated to increase in cost by 50% in the next few days.....because of recreational legalization. The dealers don't like it because they have been cut out, the tax payers don't like it (in Colorado) because the homeless rate has increased over 2X and social costs have increased 10X over any revenue produced by the sale of the drug.

I used to smoke like a stack too but Ive never been addicted to anything. Havent done any for quite some time though and probably not more than a half ounce total in the last 30 years if that. I'm one of those people who immediately develops a very high tolerance and it takes all the fun out of it.

People go to extremes about everything but extremists in general are rare. You just get to hear about them more because of the way news works now. As far as the constitution thing the sole purpose of Government is not to find new ways to restricts what citizens can do. The Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution after passage because many felt it did not go far enough protecting the rights of citizens. They were right and just because something is not specifically mentioned in the Constitution does not mean is therefore illegal.

My mom on the other hand uses quite a bit but she finds it a lot easier to handle that than the opiates she had been taking for her cancers and she gets excellent relief from pain and digestive problems.

As a Libertarian I support the right of everyone to indulge themselves in whatever they want as long as it does not cause harm to others.

I used to smoke like a stack too but Ive never been addicted to anything. Havent done any for quite some time though and probably not more than a half ounce total in the last 30 years if that. I'm one of those people who immediately develops a very high tolerance and it takes all the fun out of it.

People go to extremes about everything but extremists in general are rare. You just get to hear about them more because of the way news works now. As far as the constitution thing the sole purpose of Government is not to find new ways to restricts what citizens can do. The Bill of Rights was added to the Constitution after passage because many felt it did not go far enough protecting the rights of citizens. They were right and just because something is not specifically mentioned in the Constitution does not mean is therefore illegal.

My mom on the other hand uses quite a bit but she finds it a lot easier to handle that than the opiates she had been taking for her cancers and she gets excellent relief from pain and digestive problems.

As a Libertarian I support the right of everyone to indulge themselves in whatever they want as long as it does not cause harm to others.
How about harm to society..........

You are a minority........I can't think of any current drug user that voted for Trump and he won handily. He is currently raising 10.00 to 1 that the Democrats are. I am sure the number of druggies voting is minuscule and the percentage of those that are pro 2nd amendment is a fraction of a percent as illustrated by recient elections in Washington, Oregon and California. It looks like you can't win. Every time legislatures vote pro drugs the same people turn around and vote anti gun. The druggies aren't even United....the medical users in California are upset because the drug is slated to increase in cost by 50% in the next few days.....because of recreational legalization. The dealers don't like it because they have been cut out, the tax payers don't like it (in Colorado) because the homeless rate has increased over 2X and social costs have increased 10X over any revenue produced by the sale of the drug.

So if you support legalization of marijuana you are a stupid drug user? Where did I say I am a drug user or even consume marijuana? I say I grew up in Oregon around a lot of people who consumed it.

Maybe it is you who are in the minority. Polls show that 51% of Republicans even support the legalization of marijuana.

All those figures you are showing are bogus propaganda.. It is like saying with guns being legal our crime rates are so high. Yes, legalizing marijuana, which is still more expensive than heroin is why we have homeless people. It is like saying because we have so many guns in our society we have so many murders. These are fabricated propaganda figures that are use to brainwash and coerce people into supporting political measures based on fear rather than facts. Homelessness increased because Democrats took power and gave them free housing, clothing, food and basically give them free rent. It is not marijuana that is causing our homeless crisis. Most homeless people are addicted to alcohol, pain pills, meth and heroin and cannot even afford recreational marijuana use of any substantial quantity. As it stands, heroin is illegal and yet is readily available and even cheaper than marijuana. So much for your drug war working.. There is major heroin epidemic and billions of our tax dollars have been used to fight your drug war that is failing miserably.

If you believe marijuana is making people homeless, you probably also could believe that guns are making people murderers. It's completely bull crap.

BTW.. States with some of the strictest drug laws have some of the worst amounts of drug addiction. If you think places like Kansas, Missouri, Alabama, Louisiana, Indiana, etc don't have drug, homeless, gang problems you probably haven't done much research about them.

Tennessee Prescription Drug Epidemic
Tennessee has a serious drug problem

According to research, Tennessee has consistently ranked in the top two states in the country for highest number of opioid (narcotic) prescriptions per person. Except for West Virginia and Alabama at times, our state has the biggest problem with prescription narcotics in the country.

How about harm to society..........

I know lots of regular pot smokers. None of them harm society. Generally its just couch and cheeto time for them..

I live in a town where I drive by 6 pot stores on the way to work. I dont EVER hear about pot related social issues. Alcohol on the other hand one could write a book about.

So if you support legalization of marijuana you are a stupid drug user? Where did I say I am a drug user or even consume marijuana? I say I grew up in Oregon around a lot of people who consumed it.

Maybe it is you who are in the minority. Polls show that 51% of Republicans even support the legalization of marijuana.

All those figures you are showing are bogus propaganda.. It is like saying with guns being legal our crime rates are so high. Yes, legalizing marijuana, which is still more expensive than heroin is why we have homeless people. It is like saying because we have so many guns in our society we have so many murders. These are fabricated propaganda figures that are use to brainwash and coerce people into supporting political measures based on fear rather than facts. Homelessness increased because Democrats took power and gave them free housing, clothing, food and basically give them free rent. It is not marijuana that is causing our homeless crisis. Most homeless people are addicted to alcohol, pain pills, meth and heroin and cannot even afford recreational marijuana use of any substantial quantity. As it stands, heroin is illegal and yet is readily available and even cheaper than marijuana. So much for your drug war working.. There is major heroin epidemic and billions of our tax dollars have been used to fight your drug war that is failing miserably.

If you believe marijuana is making people homeless, you probably also could believe that guns are making people murderers. It's completely bull crap.

BTW.. States with some of the strictest drug laws have some of the worst amounts of drug addiction. If you think places like Kansas, Missouri, Alabama, Louisiana, Indiana, etc don't have drug, homeless, gang problems you probably haven't done much research about them.

Tennessee Prescription Drug Epidemic
Tennessee has a serious drug problem
We do not live in a majority rule country.........was never set up that way. That is why polls don't work and you are in the minority. Most elections are decided by less than 50% of the potential voters.......and even then you are voting for representation to a legislative body, not an issue. Drug users and young people vote in pathetically low numbers, old retired people in incredibly high numbers. You have no place to go.

We do not live in a majority rule country.........was never set up that way. That is why polls don't work and you are in the minority. Most elections are decided by less than 50% of the potential voters.......and even then you are voting for representation to a legislative body, not an issue. Drug users and young people vote in pathetically low numbers, old retired people in incredibly high numbers. You have no place to go.

So its non drug users and old people legalizing marijuana all over the nation state by state? I'm not following??? 29 states have legalized marijuana.

Abandoning a state law doesn't "legalize" anything. We're governed by several layers of jurisdictions. Federal,state,county and city. If any one of those layers creates a law against something not covered by the Constitution you can be arrested. I just don't see MJ as something covered in the Bill of Rights. Even a state "bill of rights" can't override a federal law or make legal something the federal government believes is within their right to ban. This is something that's going to end up in the Supreme court of the United States. I see an amendment coming in the future if it's ever going to go away completely. But states like Kalifornia or New Jersey "don't need no stinking Constitution". Or so they think. It just gets in their way to do as they please as a state. Screaming state rights and forgetting we are a country as a whole. That's how they get away with ignoring 2nd amendment rights and then ignoring federal drug laws claiming "state rights". They would rather have their drugs instead of gun rights. "Take my guns but leave me my drugs." Such a foolish trade if you ask me.

Last Edited:
Gets back to the concept of Prosecutorial Discretion that is firmly entrenched in American jurisprudence despite not being in the Constitution.

Not everything is covered by the Constitution. Just because there is a Federal Law not forbidden by the Constitution does not mean that it needs to be enforced. It is optional . Yes, optional by the administration in charge . That is reality, the one you live in and have always lived in.

^ Exactly. That Communist, pile of crap was, by the numbers, the biggest mass murderer in human history. Communism is pure evil, but Mao managed to take it to a scale that would make even make Stalin blush.

Amazing how the anticipation of regulating what others do in the privacy of their own homes can turn otherwise reasonable men into people who refer to the wisdom of Chaiman Mao.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top