JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have yet to see any hemp oil on Amazon that contains CBD. All the product descriptions talk about mg of hemp oil but there is no mention of CBD. Buyer beware!
I also noticed that but while they aren't advertised with CDB (legally they can't) but apparently if bottle says it has "Full Spectrum" then it does contain.

I'm not an expert. I walked into the dispensary for the first time today and wasn't too thrilled.

I'm not an expert. I walked into the dispensary for the first time today and wasn't too thrilled.
I was yourself in the beginning. Then someone pulled me in-to help, and explain.
That was the day I could go through my after days in relief.
Note my previous post.

I have yet to see any hemp oil on Amazon that contains CBD. All the product descriptions talk about mg of hemp oil but there is no mention of CBD. Buyer beware!

That's because they can't (yet) sell it on Amazon. It is not legal in all states yet. Hemp oil is "claimed" to do all kinds of great things for those who use it. CBD is one of the extracts that can be taken from the plant. So far Hemp oil no one seems to have a problem with. CBD also makes all kinds of claims of helping all kinds of stuff but it is not legal to sell in all states yet.
Now as to whether CBD oil or hemp oil actually do anything? Good luck. You can spend hours if you wanted reading about it. With many claiming both do wonders, others claiming only one works, others claiming it's all bunk. Just look at what we are seeing here. Go online and you can find days worth of reading saying the same things.
Here is a map that claims to show what states you can buy CBD oil in,
So far what I tried is a CO2 extracted oil that claims great things on humans. Have not tried it on me. Dog has been taking it and is doing VERY much better. Is it the hemp oil? Who knows. Maybe he is just having a good couple weeks. Will keep giving it to him as long as it seems to be helping. :)

Alexx,

How dare you question the magic oil?

Haven't you heard?

It's the stairway to heaven.

Step right up!

See this bottle?

It's filled to the brim with cure all goodness from gout, warts and cancer and for you, cuz I like you, it's a mere $125.00 for a liquid ounce and sure to cost more tomorrow. Today it's a bargain, don't wait, smear it on everything. It's particularly good for a toasted bagel, mmmhhhhhhh! No bagel you say? Well, chug it right out of the bottle, easy.

Step right up!

I can only speak to personal experience. The arthritis pain in my hands would at times wake me up in the middle of the night. I was taking Tylenol Arthritis 3X a day. Last October I decided to try CBD and within two weeks the pain in my hands disappeared. I stopped taking the Tylenol altogether. Mind you I still have arthritis in my hands and it will rear up its ugly head if I do a lot of yard work. My wife noticed I stopped complaining about my hands. She too has arthritis in her hands so wanted to try it as well. She had the same results. She no longer takes the Tylenol and is pain-free.

As mentioned in prior posts there are no scientific studies regarding CBD and its efficacy in treating medical conditions. And in fact the FDA has being going after sellers who make health claims relating to CBD.

So whether its a wonder drug or I'm simply experiencing a placebo effect; well I don't have the answer to that.

As the commercial says, "Your mileage may vary."

I was taking Tylenol Arthritis 3X a day.
800mg-1000mg here of ibu just to keep afloat on a daily basis. thats not healthy and that's a sad state of affairs.

I know my fatass weight doesn't help but the degeneritive tissue in my shoulders keeping me up at night. I've been on about 500mg of caffeine a day too because of lack of quality sleep.

Appreciate the responses all. Anything is worth a try if it's not destructive.

People who use CBD oil already know the benefits, there are a lot of people who are not believers, No problem. I just know it works for me and my dogs. I've seen a lot of testimonies of people online her who say the same. Just remember buy from reputable sources and make sure it is Pure CBD oil and not simply Hemp oil. Hemp oil does have some benefits, but for the most you need pure CBD extract. You will pay more and I hope the price comes down as more and more people use and the process is perfected.
CaptJack
"Mike"

I can only speak to personal experience. The arthritis pain in my hands would at times wake me up in the middle of the night. I was taking Tylenol Arthritis 3X a day. Last October I decided to try CBD and within two weeks the pain in my hands disappeared. I stopped taking the Tylenol altogether. Mind you I still have arthritis in my hands and it will rear up its ugly head if I do a lot of yard work. My wife noticed I stopped complaining about my hands. She too has arthritis in her hands so wanted to try it as well. She had the same results. She no longer takes the Tylenol and is pain-free.

As mentioned in prior posts there are no scientific studies regarding CBD and its efficacy in treating medical conditions. And in fact the FDA has being going after sellers who make health claims relating to CBD.

So whether its a wonder drug or I'm simply experiencing a placebo effect; well I don't have the answer to that.

As the commercial says, "Your mileage may vary."

800mg-1000mg here of ibu just to keep afloat on a daily basis. thats not healthy and that's a sad state of affairs.

I know my fatass weight doesn't help but the degeneritive tissue in my shoulders keeping me up at night. I've been on about 500mg of caffeine a day too because of lack of quality sleep.

Appreciate the responses all. Anything is worth a try if it's not destructive.

Doc gives me Oxycodone every year for my back for when I need it. Stuff does of course work wonders but I hate to take it. The "fuzzy head" feeling is bad enough. If I have to use it for a couple days I feel like I have what I call an oxy hang over for the next day or so. If the Feds ever make the THC stuff legal would gladly try it at least.
I remember when this hit here I was with one kid. She wanted to go into the new pot shop by her place to buy some for hubby. I walked up with her, HUGE sign on door, NO FIREARMS. She looked at me and just smiled as she knew no way was I leaving it in the car. So while this kid is showing her the different stuff I mentioned I was shocked at the price. He asked me if I used to use. I said yes but it was $10 an ounce when I did. Kid looked at me like I was surely trying to pull one over on him :s0140::s0140:

When you were a kid the THC % was a LOT lower. The 'breeders' of today's 'weed' have much more potent and productive plants, which costs more to grow. Plus $10 when you were buying is probably worth a lot more now. When I first started buying gasoline for my car it was 28 cents a gallon.

BTW - opioids have a side effect that most people find annoying; they slow down your digestive system a LOT, causing constipation.

Marijuana cultivation has come a long way since most of us were kids. Straines have been cross bred, chemicals have been introduced (fertilizers) optimum growing schedules discovered, Male plants are no longer allowed to grow and are weeded out (destroyed). Many things contribute the much more potent MJ we see today. Likewise the CBD has been isolated much better as well and is more potent. I no longer partake in the THC part of the plant. It's funny to me that I've switched were as I used to use the plant recreation-ally, now I use it medicinally..!!.. I have tried the super potent MJ they are making and it is very much overkill. Unless you just want to veg out or go to bed.

When you were a kid the THC % was a LOT lower. The 'breeders' of today's 'weed' have much more potent and productive plants, which costs more to grow. Plus $10 when you were buying is probably worth a lot more now. When I first started buying gasoline for my car it was 28 cents a gallon.

BTW - opioids have a side effect that most people find annoying; they slow down your digestive system a LOT, causing constipation.

Yes I have heard the stuff we had as kids was not even in the same class as what they sell now. Modern "farming" and knowledge moved the industry light years. Not to mention that $10 did buy a LOT more anything in those days. :D

Interesting thread. Now that it is legal, I might have to check this out. I've always suffered from bad insomnia. And I sustained multiple injuries, and surgeries to repair said, in young adulthood that has left me with chronic nerve pain. Unlike in years past, I can keep it under control with OTC options these days, but there are flare-ups and "bad days".

Well, it's not OTC but GabaPentin is used specifically for nerve pain and has some "hypnotic" effect that helps me sleep. I take it for peripheral neuropathy.

Make sure IF you get it you don't get it online.
Like I posted before go to the dispensary! Don't buy online the make it with seeds not whole plant! Very important!

This is inaccurate information that you are passing. As I have posted before Lazarus Naturals Homepage is an Oregon company that grows, manufactures, tests, and sells a variety of hemp based products. These products are labratory tested and the results are given. I used them. They are very reliable, and they have a military and a low income 60% discount. I'd have to say that if one is buying weed at the dispensary, fine. But I only buy CBD products from places that use a laboratory to verify content and purity!!!

Only thing about it that scares me is drug tests. It is supposed to have no THC in it. All I keep thinking is I will start in with it, find it works, get called for a screen, and have them say "hey you tested positive for pot, you're fired" o_O

At Lazarus Naturals, one can purchase full spectrum, which uses the entire plant and has a small, typically 2.5mg/ml THC, or you can buy CBD only no THC. If you use full spectrum, it will likely show up on a drug test. Keeping the bottle didn't help that woman at Disney World when they called the Sheriff office.

Last Edited:
Well, it's not OTC but GabaPentin is used specifically for nerve pain and has some "hypnotic" effect that helps me sleep. I take it for peripheral neuropathy.

This is inaccurate information that you are passing. As I have posted before Lazarus Naturals Homepage is an Oregon company that grows, manufactures, tests, and sells a variety of hemp based products. These products are labratory tested and the results are given. I used them. They are very reliable, and they have a military and a low income 60% discount. I'd have to say that if one is buying weed at the dispensary, fine. But I only buy CBD products from places that use a laboratory to verify content and purity!!!

At Lazarus Naturals, one can purchase full spectrum, which uses the entire plant and has a small, typically 2.5mg/ml THC, or you can buy CBD only no THC. If you use full spectrum, it will likely show up on a drug test. Keeping the bottle didn't help that woman at Disney World when they called the Sheriff office.
There are many, in fact most, on sites that are NOT full plant based! There are some that are but most dispensaries sell those brands too. In sure Lazurus Naturals is available in dispensaries. Select is also available online and in dispensaries. What Im talking about is the plethora of products that are being advertised EVERYWHERE that are not full plant based. Yes you "CAN" find some IF you know what to look for. Most people her CBD and think they are getting the real deal. Thats what I meant. If you go to a good medical dispensary they have true whole plant based products and many to chose from. Its just easier.

Just noticed this:

CBD can have an interaction with certain drugs in a manner that is similar to grapefruit. Research has shown that certain compounds in grapefruit can interact with many common pharmaceutical drugs by inhibiting cytochrome P450 enzymes, a family of liver enzymes that metabolizes these drugs. However, CBD can also inhibit these enzymes when consumed at high enough dosages.

We always recommend checking with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program. Any instructions you may have received from a medical professional regarding grapefruit should be treated with the same level of care when it comes to CBD products.

So I guess I need to talk to my cardiologist.:(

Just noticed this:

CBD can have an interaction with certain drugs in a manner that is similar to grapefruit. Research has shown that certain compounds in grapefruit can interact with many common pharmaceutical drugs by inhibiting cytochrome P450 enzymes, a family of liver enzymes that metabolizes these drugs. However, CBD can also inhibit these enzymes when consumed at high enough dosages.

We always recommend checking with your physician before starting a new dietary supplement program. Any instructions you may have received from a medical professional regarding grapefruit should be treated with the same level of care when it comes to CBD products.

So I guess I need to talk to my cardiologist.:(

I have a cousin that is a pharmacist... I was amazed when he told me that all medicines can react with grapefruit, and that I shouldn't be eating it if I was taking meds. Wow! But I love grapefruit!!! :(

In sure Lazurus Naturals is available in dispensaries.

I'm pretty sure it's not. Perhaps it is easier for some to go to a medical marijuana dispensary, but not for me. It's easier online and the product comes to my door. And I've seen some of the cats that hang out at the dispensaries... no thanx.

My word, FWIW, on this subject is to advise all buyers to ensure that the CBD product they are buying is laboratory tested and the contents compare favorably for purity and level of CBD/ml. I've not seen what is for sale on Amazon, but the product at my health food store is total BS and does nothing. Buyer beware!!!

Damn, I had never heard that. Next time I have to take something I will have to read up first.

I'm not sure if medical literature says that anywhere. For sure it says not to eat grapefruit if you are taking a statin (and of course the docs want everybody over 30 on statins). But that's what my cousin said.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top