JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hillsboro cops used to do it all the time outside the Intel campuses. In 2005 the city lowered the speed limit on the only road to OR26 from 50mph to 40mph just to screw us "rich folk". There is always construction around Hillsboro airport. They'd tell the workers to leave all their signs and equipment, then park an army of motorcycle cops outside what is now the Solarworld plant. The last Friday of every month they'd make their quota in a single afternoon.

This whole scam came to an end when the Solarworld plant opened and their management refused to let the cops use their parking lot as a base camp.

Hey, no disagreement on how not to pay the fine, but there are people who actually believe in doing what's right and not kowtowing to the bureaucratic law, even if it costs them.

Of course if the police had a shred of morality left in their black hearts they'd refuse to steal money from harmless motorists, but that's a different discussion.

Harmless Motorists?
https://www.youtube.com/embed/oFkw5JFOmHk

easiest way to avoid getting pulled over is to not break the law.

While you might not like the speed limit, it is the LIMIT. Regardless of whether the cop was "parking" in the left lane or not, speeding is a civil infraction. Seems to me that the OP got what he earned....

If you could just GET THE COPS TO STOP SPEEDING AND BREAKING THE LAW!!!!!! and be better examples of the law we are supposed to follow then maybe we would all slow down. O'Yeah that's right...the Cops are above the law and can speed and break the laws whenever they want. But they will write you a ticket for doing the same thing they do.

so, lemme see if I unnerstand what is being said here. You guys want to have all the speed limits disappear, be able to drive however you want to drive, never have anyone impede your driving and generally never see a cop write a traffic ticket, because it's all about revenue....

ok, makes sense to me....

I guess it would be easier if we all just became Cops.

"Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody is looking".

Teach that to the Cops I see speeding.

If they are on a call with lights blazing, more power to them and have a safe trip! But what i see often daily is just a police officer in a marked car cruising down the highway 10+ over the speed limit passing everyone while in the fast lane. I have even turned off onto the same off ramps and intersections as they do just to see what was the hurry. Nothing just a cop being a cop. Speeding and apparently being above the law.

OK then! You're one of those fellows, The Reasonable Man:

So, you NEVER exceed the speed limit, never roll through a stop, never "estimate" a deduction for which you have no receipt, and in short, never make a human mistake. Yeah, gotcha!

in over 40 years of driving, I have had two (2) tickets, and deserved them both. I didn't say I never speed, I just maintain it isn't the cops fault if he catches you or I. If you don't want tickets, don't speed....

RED LIGHT CAMERAS
Easy peasy to beat,if the camera is behind the car.(germany takes 2 pics,front and back)
If it doesn't take a picture of your face,it can't prove who was driving the car.
Doesn't matter who it is registered to.

Proof
I got the ticket in the mail.Went to court and I was the first customer.The room was filled with red light camera ticket recipients.
"Do you have anything to say before we see the video?"
"What" It was a video and you were sent a still shot"
"Yeah,I wasn't driving the car. I was on my motorcycle"
Who was?
I don't know,I have a few friends that come borrow my car.

She was PISSED,since I was the first guy up there.Now the whole court room had the formula to beat these tickets.
Oh and the crowd was a smiling big too!
Some cities have taken them out for this reason.
AND you can call your accuser to the stand. I wonder what kind of witness the camera or van makes?

Remember,no face, pic they can't prove who was driving the car.
Their burden of proof not yours

And the sole purpose for tickets is money,not compliance
Why do they give out speeding tickets on the hiway?
It shows the Feds the states are enforcing the speed limits and then the states get federal funding.
No speeding tickets ,no federal road funds

Yeah, it seems to be working well for many of the third-world countries in Africa.

Care to elaborate on the 90% of the laws that we need to eliminate? Or rather, what we should keep?

Mostly this is not a 3rd world country.. although it's getting closer with every new wave of invasion. I have no use for cops, personally

How do you prevent the face from being photographed? The systems DO take front and back pictures. Do you wear a mask?
Please explain.

RED LIGHT CAMERAS
Easy peasy to beat,if the camera is behind the car.(germany takes 2 pics,front and back)
If it doesn't take a picture of your face,it can't prove who was driving the car.
Doesn't matter who it is registered to.

Proof
I got the ticket in the mail.Went to court and I was the first customer.The room was filled with red light camera ticket recipients.
"Do you have anything to say before we see the video?"
"What" It was a video and you were sent a still shot"
"Yeah,I wasn't driving the car. I was on my motorcycle"
Who was?
I don't know,I have a few friends that come borrow my car.

She was PISSED,since I was the first guy up there.Now the whole court room had the formula to beat these tickets.
Oh and the crowd was a smiling big too!
Some cities have taken them out for this reason.
AND you can call your accuser to the stand. I wonder what kind of witness the camera or van makes?

Remember,no face, pic they can't prove who was driving the car.
Their burden of proof not yours

And the sole purpose for tickets is money,not compliance
Why do they give out speeding tickets on the hiway?
It shows the Feds the states are enforcing the speed limits and then the states get federal funding.
No speeding tickets ,no federal road funds

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads