JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got a ticket at that photo red light in Sherwood at 99 & Tualatin/Sherwood Hwy intersection a few months back.

First ticket in 28 years

To make it sting more, I was trying to link my Bluetooth to my phone to be legal in case I got a call and entered the left turn just as it turned Red.. that hurt!

Dang! Red Light Photo Enforce Cams...don't get me started.

First of all, these things are brought to the City by a private corporation. Private Corp. solicits the city to install Camera system and gets a percentage of every ticket issued. So, the happy little city of Sherwood pays nothing to get the system installed, Private Corp. pays for the installation and both Sherwood and Private Corp collect revenue for years and years. Yes, life was better in the 80's when we did not have Cams on us everywhere. To me, this seems like a conflict of interest, but that is just me. Where in the he$$ are the Lawyers on this on? Private Red Light Cam corp should be looked into, I swear the timing of the lights and the configuration is on the side to catch you in the intersection when it turns red.

My wife got nailed on 99W in Sherwood by their lovely Red Light Photo system for doing a California roll taking a right turn. Ticket was $300! Its all about the Money and these cities want their money.

I am aware of the intersections that have these traps and either avoid them or am very, very careful when approaching them. I stop if yellow. I hate these things. I want a policemen to give me a ticket the old fashioned way!!!

BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING US! Got to love the USSA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W_aXo4UOlo

I got a ticket at that photo red light in Sherwood at 99 & Tualatin/Sherwood Hwy intersection a few months back.

First ticket in 28 years

To make it sting more, I was trying to link my Bluetooth to my phone to be legal in case I got a call and entered the left turn just as it turned Red.. that hurt!

Don't know if OR/WA do it but I know CA has an exchange program with some other states so you may be pulled over by an undercover with out of state plates. Up here the unmarked cars seem to actually blend in as opposed to many states that just run the same make/model as the standard cop cars without the two tone paint or police markings. Much harder to spot here.

I wondered why we see so many OR and CA licensed vehicles here in WA with expired tags speeding on the freeways!

You can be pulled over in WA by an OR cop, if you were speeding accross i205 for instance. Good luck just not stoping for the out of state cop, let us know how that works.

A LEO can follow you out of their jurisdiction if the violation occurs within their jurisdiction. They usually have to call in the local LEO to make a stop though.

Don't know if OR/WA do it but I know CA has an exchange program with some other states so you may be pulled over by an undercover with out of state plates. Up here the unmarked cars seem to actually blend in as opposed to many states that just run the same make/model as the standard cop cars without the two tone paint or police markings. Much harder to spot here.

If the cop was wearing an out of state uniform and pulled me over, and did not follow me across the state line I would tell him " you're out of your jurisdiction" roll up the window and drive off.

so, lemme see if I unnerstand what is being said here. You guys want to have all the speed limits disappear, be able to drive however you want to drive, never have anyone impede your driving and generally never see a cop write a traffic ticket, because it's all about revenue....

ok, makes sense to me....

Yep, I follow the laws, just like the night I was doing 100 in a 40 zone up and hill and still gaining speed!! Good thing it was after midnight and no one was around (not even the cops)!

When I was living in Alaska, Anchorage went with the Photo radar vans to catch speeders..

We did not take to it very well up there!! A group set out to remove it quite promptly. We worked hard to get signatures and had it placed on the ballot. It passed by a land slide. The end result was that only a physical actual person, an actual badge caring officer had the right to write a traffic infraction of any kind! The photo radars were taken away and anyone that still had challenges in the courts for their tickets was removed.
This also affected parking tickets.. The rent a cop meter maids had to go away as they were not officers of the law! From that point on only an actual cop could write a parking ticket.

I do miss a lot of things about that state... But I do not miss the cold dark winters!!!

My friend, who is a Clackamas County deputy, said they did a FAKE construction roadside sting. That is right - fake cones and worker's outfits and then two cars waiting to write 2x 'construction zone' tickets. He actually said he felt bad about it, but they are under pressure to write tickets - got to make that green baby!

All the more reason to vote for John Ludlow and Tootie Smith as County Commissioners, if you're able to. We need to dump the liberal, Metro-loving jerks we have now.

Vote different people in to office in Olympia, then, and change the law. While it might be a "low guideline" to some, it is the law. People with no regard for the law (speed limit) but yet get upset about cops not understanding gun laws confuse me. The law is the standard that we all must meet or suffer the consequences....

OK then! You're one of those fellows, The Reasonable Man:

He is one who invariably looks where he is going, and is careful to examine the immediate foreground before he executes a leap or bound; who neither star-gazes nor is lost in meditation when approaching trap-doors or the margin of a dock; who records in every case upon the counterfoils of cheques such ample details as are desirable, scrupulously substitutes the word ‘Order' for the word ‘Bearer', crosses the instrument ‘a/c Payee only', and registers the package in which it is despatched; who never mounts a moving omnibus, and does not alight from any car while the train is in motion; who investigates exhaustively the bona fides of every mendicant [beggar] before distributing alms, and will inform himself of the history and habits of a dog before administering a caress; who believes no gossip, nor repeats it, without firm basis for believing it to be true; who never drives his ball till those in front of him have definitely vacated the putting-green which is his own objective; who never from one year's end to another makes an excessive demand upon his wife, his neighbours, his servants, his ox, or his a$$; who in the way of business looks only for that narrow margin of profit which twelve men such as himself would reckon to be ‘fair', contemplates his fellow-merchants, their agents, and their goods, with that degree of suspicion and distrust which the law deems admirable; who never swears, gambles, or loses his temper; who uses nothing except in moderation, and even while he flogs his child is meditating only on the golden mean.

He is that most odious creature who lacks any redeeming human flaw, and is universally hated by his fellow man.

So, you NEVER exceed the speed limit, never roll through a stop, never "estimate" a deduction for which you have no receipt, and in short, never make a human mistake. Yeah, gotcha!

My friend, who is a Clackamas County deputy, said they did a FAKE construction roadside sting. That is right - fake cones and worker's outfits and then two cars waiting to write 2x 'construction zone' tickets. He actually said he felt bad about it, but they are under pressure to write tickets - got to make that green baby!

That is a load of BS.

so, lemme see if I unnerstand what is being said here. You guys want to have all the speed limits disappear, be able to drive however you want to drive, never have anyone impede your driving and generally never see a cop write a traffic ticket, because it's all about revenue....

ok, makes sense to me....

I also want to be able to have an open container on my front seat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top