JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The "speed limit" is an awfully low guideline.

Vote different people in to office in Olympia, then, and change the law. While it might be a "low guideline" to some, it is the law. People with no regard for the law (speed limit) but yet get upset about cops not understanding gun laws confuse me. The law is the standard that we all must meet or suffer the consequences....

Vote different people in to office in Olympia, then, and change the law. While it might be a "low guideline" to some, it is the law. People with no regard for the law (speed limit) but yet get upset about cops not understanding gun laws confuse me. The law is the standard that we all must meet or suffer the consequences....

Yes, because it's the voters' responsibility to repeal asinine laws crafted by unelected bureaucrats, designed solely to pad the pension funds of government parasites.

And let's not forget how the government uses taxpayer money to poison the minds of gutless soccer moms with propaganda about how "speed kills". Good luck getting those laws through voting, even ignoring the fact that traffic tickets are a massive cash cow that the state will never give up.

So the cop was doing 5 over speed limit and you call that a left lane hog? It's not like he was doing 50 in a 55, he was doing 60 in a 55 which is more than a reasonable speed.

And FYI, the #1 complaint that most departments receive from citizens are traffic complaints (not complaining about the police, rather, other drivers). So yeah, I imagine the police focus on traffic.

It wouldn't be a cash cow if people didn't speed. If you don't want to pay the fine, don't speed. It's real easy to avoid.

Hey, no disagreement on how not to pay the fine, but there are people who actually believe in doing what's right and not kowtowing to the bureaucratic law, even if it costs them.

Of course if the police had a shred of morality left in their black hearts they'd refuse to steal money from harmless motorists, but that's a different discussion.

So the cop was doing 5 over speed limit and you call that a left lane hog? It's not like he was doing 50 in a 55, he was doing 60 in a 55 which is more than a reasonable speed.

And FYI, the #1 complaint that most departments receive from citizens are traffic complaints (not complaining about the police, rather, other drivers). So yeah, I imagine the police focus on traffic.

It's 99% about revenue

Not to change topics but the good ole Portland Police have been using the white radar van on 52nd avenue quite frequently going DOWN hill towards Johnson creek Blvd heading towards White Stag. Speed limit is 30!
They typically park the van right in front of another car to obscure the big white van. Just another revenue collection for greedy police depts. Unless you ride your brakes all the way down that long hill it would be real easy to speed. I suppose catching all the old ladies not paying attention is good for revenue???

Even if I'm doing the limit, which I try to observe albeit loosely, someone else is usually whizzing past in the other lane and getting zapped by those radar/photo vans (parked at various places along Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy). I'm in countless pictures even though I'm not the subject. So if/when I earn a radar ticket of my own, I wonder if they'll cross-reference my plate with all those other photos of me obeying the limit and flipping off the camera.

Pay $50 on Ebay and get yourself a dual lens DVR camera front/back and put it in your vehicle. Records 720p and audio to an SD card in an endless loop, comes on when you start the car, shuts itself down five minutes after you stop.

Simply put, and unfortunately, cops lie. I got a talking on cell phone ticket (which I successfully proved via Verizon records was not the case). The cop went through a long story about following me for a half mile observing me on my phone when he gave his testimony in court.

I looked at him and said 'sorry sir, but you are either very confused or have an active imagination'. Our contact on the road lasted maybe 15 seconds and wasn't all what he described.

You need to take advantage of cheap, easy tech. Your own visual/audio record of everything around you when you drive may save your butt someday. Whether it is defending a BS ticket or having some dunce running out in front of your car, it is the best $50 insurance you'll ever pay.

Nothing is more satisfying then 'well your honor, I have my notebook here, let's check the video" - BTW, here is the GPS info that shows my exacted speed before and during being pulled over .....

Pay $50 on Ebay and get yourself a dual lens DVR camera front/back and put it in your vehicle. Records 720p and audio to an SD card in an endless loop, comes on when you start the car, shuts itself down five minutes after you stop.

Simply put, and unfortunately, cops lie. I got a talking on cell phone ticket (which I successfully proved via Verizon records was not the case). The cop went through a long story about following me for a half mile observing me on my phone when he gave his testimony in court.

I looked at him and said 'sorry sir, but you are either very confused or have an active imagination'. Our contact on the road lasted maybe 15 seconds and wasn't all what he described.

You need to take advantage of cheap, easy tech. Your own visual/audio record of everything around you when you drive may save your butt someday.

That is an excellent idea.

I forgot to add that a DVR just saved my buddy a $140 no seat belt ticket. It was great. DVR clearly showed my friend was wearing a seat belt properly over the shoulder before/during being pulled over. The cop said no.

My friend said "I really am not lying officer" "I have it all here on this recorder thingy." The cop asked to see a replay and he couldn't do it - SD card MP4 playback requires another PC or camera. So, the cop assumed he was lying and wrote the ticket.

Court - video playing - including entire before/during interaction - Dismissed. W/O that video of course the cop would have been believed over my friend. Fantastic stuff.

I programmed mine to keep recording for a half hour after I turn off the car. Someday it might record someone breaking in or sideswiping me. Toys, toys, toys. Of course, this kind of thing in only good while we still have some 'rights.'

For your home, it is a great cheap home service surveillance also. Just get a AC-to-USB power plug. 2gb records for 2 days, endless loop. I caught a neighbor already helping himself to some of my tools and not returning them.

They aren't out there with a quota or to fund their department. They are out there to bring about compliance. I rarely drive the speed limit and often pass speed traps over the limit without being stopped. They are not unreasonable.
Do you think police departments would be unhappy if everyone obeyed the vehicle code?

yes they would be very unhappy alot of money is made in traffic violations
They aren't out there with a quota or to fund their department. They are out there to bring about compliance. I rarely drive the speed limit and often pass speed traps over the limit without being stopped. They are not unreasonable.
Do you think police departments would be unhappy if everyone obeyed the vehicle code?

Bullbubblegum.

The "Slower Traffic Keep Right" sign tells cars that are driving slower then the rest of traffic to move to the right so they won't cause an accident. Not "Slower Traffic Keep Right. Unless your already going the speed limit."

The Boiling Frog Syndrome. As the economy continues to decline and tax revenue takes a nose dive you will see government take further measures to sustain itself. Of course, taking the lead in this action is money printing out of thin air aka "QE1-10". Which is a real TAX on us via inflation and perpetual debt as we have past the 'bankruptcy' stage long ago.

But then there are other revenue gathering ways.

Police will be writing tickets for every silly infraction. My friend, who is a Clackamas County deputy, said they did a FAKE construction roadside sting. That is right - fake cones and worker's outfits and then two cars waiting to write 2x 'construction zone' tickets. He actually said he felt bad about it, but they are under pressure to write tickets - got to make that green baby!

Absolutely,... they rake in massive $$$$$

However, I'm sure they would simply switch to attempts to unconstitutionally confiscate more personal possessions without conviction under RICO

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top