JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That is a load of BS.

The fake construction zone thing IS NOT BS. Don't believe it? Call and ask.

The circuit court judges uphold the tickets even when the deputies admit the zones are staged. I suppose my deputy friend made it all up?! No, it happens.

This is a trend all over the country, not just here. Popular for "saturation" patrols. Portland Police use them monthly at 102nd/SE Stark to write hefty speeding tickets and get away with random DUI checks near the strip clubs in the area.

You will see a half dozens cars pulled over at once. Plus - yes - a couple officers will wear hard hats and put out a couple cones to appear to be construction workers then call their buddies on bikes and cars to pull over. It looks like a bee's nest turned loose all at once and the cops are the bees.

I have personally seen such 'construction workers' holding up their radar and/or laser guns. Count on your ticket being 2x.

All in the name of public safety - of course, not for revenue. News channels don't even portray the practice as bad, well, because TV news is 'government news.'

<broken link removed>

Me either. Zero use for them.

+1

Same goes for military. Cut it 90%. We already spend more than all other combined, spread all over the globe, conquering fake enemies, fake causes. We already hit the bankruptcy mark a long time ago. Too late for any real bandages pre-collapse, but all this spending and entitlement nonsense should have been axed away long ago.

But the dumbed down masses have no qualms about supporting the tools of tyranny (because the TV says to do so).

The Founders never intended we have a standing military. Now in today's age we do need a Navy and Air Force, but ground troops should consist of veterans and militia, and we should have a Swiss type system where from youth all are trained in the use of arms. 90% cuts? Yes, by eliminating most of the Army and Marines

Eldbridge Gerry said:

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. Now, it must be evident, that, under this provision, together with their other powers, Congress could take such measures with respect to a militia, as to make a standing army necessary. Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.

Who was that sage man?

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Elbridge_Gerry

The Founders never intended we have a standing military. Now in today's age we do need a Navy and Air Force, but ground troops should consist of veterans and militia, and we should have a Swiss type system where from youth all are trained in the use of arms. 90% cuts? Yes, by eliminating most of the Army and Marines

I support our troops but you're right alls we'd really need is our navy and airforce. It's congresses and the UNs pussification. We should just be able to bomb the bubblegum out of them and be done with it.

My immediate family has served in almost every war this country has ever been in from the time they arrived early 1620s. The indian fights to Gulf War 1

We were there at Lexington and Concord, at least 3 men with my last name

The circuit court judges uphold the tickets even when the deputies admit the zones are staged. I suppose my deputy friend made it all up?! No, it happens.

This is a trend all over the country, not just here. Popular for "saturation" patrols. Portland Police use them monthly at 102nd/SE Stark to write hefty speeding tickets and get away with random DUI checks near the strip clubs in the area.

You will see a half dozens cars pulled over at once. Plus - yes - a couple officers will wear hard hats and put out a couple cones to appear to be construction workers then call their buddies on bikes and cars to pull over. It looks like a bee's nest turned loose all at once and the cops are the bees.

I have personally seen such 'construction workers' holding up their radar and/or laser guns. Count on your ticket being 2x.

All in the name of public safety - of course, not for revenue. News channels don't even portray the practice as bad, well, because TV news is 'government news.'

<broken link removed>

You misunderstood what I was saying. The fact they're doing it is BS. I have no doubt they are.

<broken link removed>

I got pulled over during a similar sting in Independence. Right before the street turns into a highway there is an intersection. On this particular corner there are large bushy cactuses where a lady was hiding behind. I was doing speed limit, 35mph, and she just poppped out of the bushes and started hastily making her way across the street. She didn't look both ways, make eye contact, nothing. I slammed on my brakes and my tires screached as I came to a complete stop.

As I drove off I noticed a police officer down the road with a pair of binoculars, I knew something was up. A little further up the road another cop pulls me over and informs me they are doing a sting. The lady that crossed the road was an officer and the cop down the road is watching what is happening. Apparantley I started to move before she completely made it on the curb on the other side of the road.

I told the cop that she literally scared the crap out of me because she came out of nowhere and didn't make eye contact. I said I had no problem stoppping for pedestrians but most people who are going to cross the street look around and make eye contact, which she did not. He asked if I didn't see her because of the big bush on the corner, exactly! His words were, I've told the department about that but they refuse to do this elsewhere because they get good results. I asked him if his buddy down the road informed him that my tires screached from me pumping my breaks so hard, and he said he didn't.

He takes my info and goes to his car, comes back with a warning and tells me to continue to be careful and to make sure the pedestrian is completely on the other side of the street.

I could tell the cop was genuinely not liking the idea of doing the sting and that the location and tactics were total bull.

Hey burt, care to share what model camera you have?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top