JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had to pick up some tractor parts and renew my drivers license so off I went. Going S on I 205 at Gladstone I got behind a little silver car (Chevy Cavalier maybe) in the left lane going 60, not passing anyone just sitting there blocking the traffic flow. We were all stuck behind him until the other side of Oregon City when the right lane cleared and I got over and passed him, that's when he hit his lights and got me for 70 in a 55.

Yep I was guilty but I didn't appreciate the sneakiness. 1/4 mile ahead the speed limit turns to 65, he was blocking traffic on purpose to bait someone into passing him and I took that bait. He had his radar and camera rolling.

Part two is I failed the vision test for my lic so maybe after I get some glasses I can spot em better.

Watch out. They are out in force for some reason, probably just to bring in income but be careful anyway.

When I was real young I asked my dad why all cops weren't unmarked so they could catch people easier. He said their jobs was to be visible and deter traffic violations instead of writing tickets. With so many unmarked cars out there it seems that making money is their primary duty now.

I had to pick up some tractor parts and renew my drivers license so off I went. Going S on I 205 at Gladstone I got behind a little silver car (Chevy Cavalier maybe) in the left lane going 60, not passing anyone just sitting there blocking the traffic flow. We were all stuck behind him until the other side of Oregon City when the right lane cleared and I got over and passed him, that's when he hit his lights and got me for 70 in a 55.

Yep I was guilty but I didn't appreciate the sneakiness. 1/4 mile ahead the speed limit turns to 65, he was blocking traffic on purpose to bait someone into passing him and I took that bait. He had his radar and camera rolling.

Part two is I failed the vision test for my lic so maybe after I get some glasses I can spot em better.

Watch out. They are out in force for some reason, probably just to bring in income but be careful anyway.

When I was real young I asked my dad why all cops weren't unmarked so they could catch people easier. He said their jobs was to be visible and deter traffic violations instead of writing tickets. With so many unmarked cars out there it seems that making money is their primary duty now.

Been that way for quite a while.

Don't know if OR/WA do it but I know CA has an exchange program with some other states so you may be pulled over by an undercover with out of state plates. Up here the unmarked cars seem to actually blend in as opposed to many states that just run the same make/model as the standard cop cars without the two tone paint or police markings. Much harder to spot here.

Don't know if OR/WA do it but I know CA has an exchange program with some other states so you may be pulled over by an undercover with out of state plates. Up here the unmarked cars seem to actually blend in as opposed to many states that just run the same make/model as the standard cop cars without the two tone paint or police markings. Much harder to spot here.

I won't be pulling over for an out-of-state cop in WA, that is for damn sure.

That sucks. I would have been pissed. They need to start pulling over folks who park in the left lane instead of being one of them.

When he walked up the first thing I said (with a smile) was "I thought you were just a left lane hog." He said "Whats a left lane hog?" Right... I should have said "A left lane hog is the type of inattentive driver that YOU are supposed to ticket."

Maybe he's a left lane drone off duty too...

I was pulled over once for impeding traffic. LEO had to pass 3 cars to get to me. As he was educating me on the importance of getting over to allow other cars to go around he noticed the 3 cars were now pulled in all around us. He then realized we where all part of the same group. His talk was finished and no ticket. I like happy endings.
Good luck and stay safe,
Mike

It seems like the Law Enforcement is heavy with unmarked cars. I miss the days of all the unmarked were Chevy Caprice's with the spot lights, and extra antenna's. But now, I always look for extra stuff in the windows. When you get behind one, you know it, especially if you know what your looking for. Especially here in Tilly, there is all sorts of unmarked rigs, from small two door imports, to full size trucks.

Get a good radar detector like a valentine, that would probably have alerted you. In vancouver I see them in all kinds of cars, trucks, mustangs, even saw a unmarked VW GTI with someone pulled over before. WA Staters usually have a WSP as the last 3 of the license plate. You can be pulled over in WA by an OR cop, if you were speeding accross i205 for instance. Good luck just not stoping for the out of state cop, let us know how that works.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Not to change topics but the good ole Portland Police have been using the white radar van on 52nd avenue quite frequently going DOWN hill towards Johnson creek Blvd heading towards White Stag. Speed limit is 30!
They typically park the van right in front of another car to obscure the big white van. Just another revenue collection for greedy police depts. Unless you ride your brakes all the way down that long hill it would be real easy to speed. I suppose catching all the old ladies not paying attention is good for revenue???

easiest way to avoid getting pulled over is to not break the law.

While you might not like the speed limit, it is the LIMIT. Regardless of whether the cop was "parking" in the left lane or not, speeding is a civil infraction. Seems to me that the OP got what he earned....

I would have to disagree with this, Unmarked cars are "cheating" at the game. It is just a game right?:D

easiest way to avoid getting pulled over is to not break the law.

While you might not like the speed limit, it is the LIMIT. Regardless of whether the cop was "parking" in the left lane or not, speeding is a civil infraction. Seems to me that the OP got what he earned....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top