JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you know what "SA" means? I was thinking South Africa or South America but can't be either of those. Then I was thinking stupid A$$hole. Damn I hate acronyms, especially ones that could mean like a hundred different things.
Condition 3 has been associated with the IDF , and I have heard mention of magazine safeties being a good thing in central/South American militaries.
I've never heard Condition 3 described as SA.

Condition 3 has been associated with the IDF , and I have heard mention of magazine safeties being a good thing in central/South American militaries.
I've never heard Condition 3 described as SA.
I was trying to think of a gun that woudl have given guard an advantage in that situation (assuming it ready to rock I mean). Maybe shotgun with barrel pointed to floor then all he would have to do is raise it, aim and fire. Similar with 3oo BLK or AR pistol. On body carry an mp5k or similar smaller subgun like an evo or Stribog woudl work also.

As it was, let's say bad guy has a Glock. Guard has to reach for his Glock, rack a round in, and only then would blue be evenly matched to the assailant. Seems better to overmatch assailant from the get go. I suppose some guns would scare customers more or something though. Could always conceal deploy a subgun though. Fe:

The guard who produced an uzi from under his sport coat during the Reagan shooting is another example.

23D98E29-1587-475C-8A9C-4EB2B1425667.jpeg
Really though a short shotgun or .308 pistol the first shot is going to splatter the first bad guy and second guy is gonna be running. Could strategically place it where it's hidden toward back of the couch he was sitting on and wouldn't be that visible to customers. Bufferless 300 BLK or bufferless AR pistol would be even smaller.

Last Edited:
I've been working on security on my house with the goal of slowing any home invader down as much as possible, and adding motion sensors to alert me to their presence.

I also keep pistols in every room I spend time, except the bathroom, because of the extreme humidity.

I'm lucky in that my house is a long rectangle with no windows on the ends. I put security bars on everything on the back of my house. My 4 motion sensors are back to back in the center of the outside walls, 2 front, 2 back, and they catch all movement within a couple of feet of my house.

The writing on the wall says everything is going to get much worse in the future, and I want to be way ahead of the game.

I've been working on security on my house with the goal of slowing any home invader down as much as possible, and adding motion sensors to alert me to their presence.

I also keep pistols in every room I spend time, except the bathroom, because of the extreme humidity.

I'm lucky in that my house is a long rectangle with no windows on the ends. I put security bars on everything on the back of my house. My 4 motion sensors are back to back in the center of the outside walls, 2 front, 2 back, and they catch all movement within a couple of feet of my house.

The writing on the wall says everything is going to get much worse in the future, and I want to be way ahead of the game.
images.jpeg

That's a good idea to plan for an outside-in defense imo. ID the threat and perhaps engage them on the perimeter if needed. Then slow them down with hardened locks,windows etc so you can engage them on the curtilage (the area next to the house such as porch etc) if needed. If they do get through those 2 zones have the ambush ready so they have no chance.

The little experience I have here in crimeville is you have tons of options (and time probably) when they are on the perimeter, on the curtilage you have fewer options, inside the house you have very few options and no time (I have not experienced this one thank goodness and fingers crossed). I've moved away baddies that were identified on the perimeter (via cameras that alerted my phone) with just a flashlight in one instance and voice in another instance. The one guy who was actually trying to break in the cameras identified him and I watched him on phone until he was penned in and then confronted him from a window above him. I had shotgun in hand but did not show it to him as voice was all that was needed.

Last Edited:
That's a good idea to plan for an outside-in defense imo. ID the threat and perhaps engage them on the perimeter if needed. Then slow them down with hardened locks,windows etc so you can engage them on the curtilage (the area next to the house such as porch etc) if needed. If they do get through those 2 zones have the ambush ready so they have no chance.

The little experience I have here in crimeville is you have tons of options (and time probably) when they are on the perimeter, on the curtilage you have fewer options, inside the house you have very few options and no time (I have not experienced this one thank goodness and fingers crossed). I've moved away baddies that were identified on the perimeter (via cameras that alerted my phone) with just a flashlight in one instance and voice in another instance. The one guy who was actually trying to break in the cameras identified him and I watched him on phone until he was penned in and then confronted him from a window above him. I had shotgun in hand but did not show it to him as voice was all that was needed.
My neighbor had his house appraised recently and he got dinged for having security bars on his shop windows.

I have the bars for my front living room window, but I haven't installed them yet, because they would be visible to the neighbors. I would probably install them if I were to go on a road trip, or the SHTF. If I did decide to go on a road trip I would install them on the inside of the window, to make them less visible.

My front window is about 6 feet off the ground, and my 2 bedroom windows are about 8 feet off the ground, making them almost impossible to access easily without a ladder.

Ouch, no bueno. Couple observations:
  • The guard was tucked away in the corner, which seems like it prevented him from being able to see who's entering the property. Guards should be positioned to see people as soon as possible to assess behavior of incoming patrons. Also, a visible and alert security presence is often a deterrent all on its own. Bad guys tend to prefer easy marks.
  • The gun should not have been out of its holster and off the guard's body, as it increases the likelihood of a negligent discharge and/or losing control of the gun in an altercation. Just a guess, but I bet the guard wanted to relax and knew his draw would be compromised in a sitting position, so he set the gun on the table in front of him. If that is the case it does demonstrate some forward thinking on the part of the guard, though he would have been better served in a standing position. In this situation I'd much prefer a PDW or SBR on a sling across my chest than a pistol - better magazine capacity and better means of weapon retention.
  • If it doesn't already the business should have some kind of early warning system to alert the guard when vehicles or pedestrians enter the lot. When alerted, the guard should be standing, ready, and alert by the time they go to enter the shop.

My neighbor had his house appraised recently and he got dinged for having security bars on his shop windows.

I have the bars for my front living room window, but I haven't installed them yet, because they would be visible to the neighbors. I would probably install them if I were to go on a road trip, or the SHTF. If I did decide to go on a road trip I would install them on the inside of the window, to make them less visible.

My front window is about 6 feet off the ground, and my 2 bedroom windows are about 8 feet off the ground, making them almost impossible to access easily without a ladder.
Boosting-person-up-over-wall.jpg

Multiple suspects.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews