JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Songoong up to Portland next weekend,I haven't really been up there since I've had my ccw,besides a quick trip to drop someone off at the airport.but this time I'm gonna be there for a few days. Anything I should know or laws i need to be aware of before I carry up there.mostly just worried about someone seeing if my shirt raises up or something.

Just check your clothing, and make sure it stays concealed. Otherwise don't get too concerned; there are an awful lot of people who live in Portland and carry all the time. It ain't New York.

Of course OC is not allowed, and you should not hang out in bars and so forth. If you see a "no guns" sign in businesses, it would probably be better if you take your business elsewhere.

m gonna be there for a few days. Anything I should know or laws i need to be aware of before I carry up there.mostly just worried about someone seeing if my shirt raises up or something.

Not really any different laws for CHL holders but the culture is different.... Absolutly no printing or accidental exposure.

You're allowed to carry in bars. We're not Washington. If a business has a "no guns" sign, don't worry. It doesn't carry the rule of law. You can carry in the airport up to the TSA checkpoint.

Last Edited:
Do they have laws about printing and accidental exposure?
No

Printing or accidental exposure is legal (so is open carry with a chl). You MUST have your CHL on you....

Its a cultural thing, if someone sees your gun your more than likely to get the police called...

Do they have laws about printing and accidental exposure?

Neither is illegal in a non-verboten zone.

But as panicky, shrill and vindictive as the anti-gun Coed Special Snowflake Sorority has become, it's not completely un-imaginable that one (or more) of them might imagine that innocuous printing = brandishing and call the cops in order to "teach somebody a lesson," perhaps based upon another fabrication similar to "hands up don't shoot."

Ironically, this would be the very same police force they protested at City Hall for very professionally keeping Portland's bridges and freeways open during the last tantrum march. Demonstration-prone Portland liberals in skinny jeans don't need to know a DAMN THING about me.

Paranoid? Perhaps. I can handle that label. Packing or not, I go out of my way to remain invisible to all such douche-wagons.

BTW, I'm moving out of Multnomah County before summer. Sure, the weather here will be fine, but this divisive crybaby climate will continue to suck.

Neither is illegal in a non-verboten zone.

But as panicky, shrill and vindictive as the anti-gun Coed Special Snowflake Sorority has become, it's not completely un-imaginable that one (or more) of them might imagine that innocuous printing = brandishing and call the cops in order to "teach somebody a lesson," perhaps based upon another fabrication similar to "hands up don't shoot."

Ironically, this would be the very same police force they protested at City Hall for very professionally keeping Portland's bridges and freeways open during the last tantrum march. Demonstration-prone Portland liberals in skinny jeans don't need to know a DAMN THING about me.

Paranoid? Perhaps. I can handle that label. Packing or not, I go out of my way to remain invisible to all such douche-wagons.

BTW, I'm moving out of Multnomah County before summer. Sure, the weather here will be fine, but this divisive crybaby climate will continue to suck.

Just in case Josh89 didn't get it the first time. :s0163: :s0155:

Last Edited:
The last I heard PSU and PCC have both declared themselves to be Gun Free zones, however they only have power over their own staff and students.

I suggest carrying some pepper spray or gel that you can access quickly and go to that before your firearm if the need arrives. Cameras are everywhere. If you are not a prominent businessperson or belong to a protected class you will be prosecuted more harshly if you ever have to draw.

Even better, invest in a super bright carry flashlight. I just got one of these Amazon.com: Streamlight 88061 ProTac 1L-1AA Dual Fuel 350 Lumen Ultra-Compact Tactical Flashlight with High/Low/Strobe: Home Improvement and it is BRIGHT!

Pop in the included CR123 battery and clip it on your belt or pocket.

I picked up one of these Amazon.com: Nitecore MH12 CREE XM-L2 U2 LED 1000 Lumen USB Rechargeable Flashlight, 18650 rechargeable Li-ion battery, True Utility TU290B Keychain charger cord, standard USB charging cable and Holster with 2 X EdisonBright CR123A lithium Batteries: Sports & Outdoors that I'm liking a lot so far and wanted something that could use 18650's or cr123's. Its not too big/heavy either but would definitely disorient someone long enough to either pepper spray them and attempt to retreat or get a pistol in play if retreat isn't an option.

Sadly I'm sure its only a matter of time before they start bleating for restrictions on those horrible Assault Flashlights, high capacity batteries and "reasonable restrictions" on the number of lumens a light can put out.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews