JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly I'm sure its only a matter of time before they start bleating for restrictions on those horrible Assault Flashlights, high capacity batteries and "reasonable restrictions" on the number of lumens a light can put out.

They already limit laser output so why not another light source?

Just check your clothing, and make sure it stays concealed. Otherwise don't get too concerned; there are an awful lot of people who live in Portland and carry all the time. It ain't New York.

Of course OC is not allowed, and you should not hang out in bars and so forth. If you see a "no guns" sign in businesses, it would probably be better if you take your business elsewhere.

Also avoid attending any leftist rallies against Trump, or Black Lives Matter protests against the police. You probably will not fit in, which could become a problem for you.

-5c12980e73765a39.jpg

Pulling your gun on an encroaching mob after multiple warnings to back off will also land you in the slammer faster than you can say self defense.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and state an opinion that may not be popular or that anyone subscribes to, but here it is: Nobody gives a f___.

Seriously, if you think other people will even notice if you're "printing" or not then you're all seriously underestimating people's oblivious nature. Unless I am fully conscious of my actions and actively looking at people and what they're wearing, then even I as a person who carries regularly don't have a freakin' clue.

People just aren't paying attention. We're wrapped up in out own little worlds while out & about. I've had my holster peeking halfway out from under my shirt/vest for an hour, facing outward, in a restaurant before I finally noticed it- nobody even batted an eye.

You'll be fine.

The last I heard PSU and PCC have both declared themselves to be Gun Free zones, however they only have power over their own staff and students.

I suggest carrying some pepper spray or gel that you can access quickly and go to that before your firearm if the need arrives. Cameras are everywhere. If you are not a prominent businessperson or belong to a protected class you will be prosecuted more harshly if you ever have to draw.

Can you just tell them: It's okay. I preach in Lake Oswego! Local laws don't apply.

I won't go near Portland without my gun. I prefer taking a larger gun with me since the election and coming out of the commie-in-drag community has shown their true colors and maybe a long gun in the truck. Maybe some grenades or a tank, body armor or an assault team? :mad:

Unfortunately a lot of the people that made Portland specifically and Oregon in general such a "great place to live" have left the area............I'm not so sure I care much for the place anymore

I avoid the "Gun Free Zones" for one primary purpose. Those are the areas that criminals target and I choose not to put myself in any more danger than necessary... That said when I go to Portland I always carry an extra magazine. :D

You will be fine, I always carry in Portland. I live in WA. I always carry in Bars as well, it's legal as previously stated. Didn't see "Pioneer court house/square" area mentioned, I do believe you are not supposed to carry there. I'll try and add to post if I find a link.

You will be fine, I always carry in Portland. I live in WA. I always carry in Bars as well, it's legal as previously stated. Didn't see "Pioneer court house/square" area mentioned, I do believe you are not supposed to carry there. I'll try and add to post if I find a link.
Question - do you have an OR CPL or just keep things on the low?
I'm a Wa resident who's visited Portland a couple times - didn't carry 'cause I don't have one from OR, but my god what a clown soup.

I carry in Portland all the time - heck, I don't feel safe enough in Portland to NOT carry. Just do what others said - keep it concealed, which isn't too hard since most folks are so situationally unaware, they won't notice.

Whatever you do though, do not go out in public while carrying without your CHL on your person at all times. Get caught with the gun but without the CHL actually on you and you could be in big trouble. The Multnomah county ordinance states that if you don't have the CHL on you, it is considered prima faciae evidence that you don't have one. Stupid, but it's how they roll.

Neither is illegal in a non-verboten zone.

But as panicky, shrill and vindictive as the anti-gun Coed Special Snowflake Sorority has become, it's not completely un-imaginable that one (or more) of them might imagine that innocuous printing = brandishing and call the cops in order to "teach somebody a lesson," perhaps based upon another fabrication similar to "hands up don't shoot."

Ironically, this would be the very same police force they protested at City Hall for very professionally keeping Portland's bridges and freeways open during the last tantrum march. Demonstration-prone Portland liberals in skinny jeans don't need to know a DAMN THING about me.

Paranoid? Perhaps. I can handle that label. Packing or not, I go out of my way to remain invisible to all such douche-wagons.

BTW, I'm moving out of Multnomah County before summer. Sure, the weather here will be fine, but this divisive crybaby climate will continue to suck.

teflon97239:
Moving out of Portland (and Multnomah County) works very well. Last year I migrated from Portland out to Happy Valley (Clackamas Co.). Best move ever. No more Portland special snowflake douche bags, no more "Arts" tax, no more Portland gas tax, no more Portland Water/Sewer Bureau ripoffs, no more Portland cops and WAY less potholes. Lived in Portland my whole life. Never going back. Gun friendly folks out here too.

I carry every time I go to Portland, usually with a backup gun. I work in a job that puts me at a far higher risk than most. I doubt most people would notice if you do print, but I make sure I don't anyway. Less hassle.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top