JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We're going to see Hamilton soon at the Keller Auditorium in Portland. I know they say no concealed carry at the theatre, but is there any actual enforcement of it? I'm really just wondering if there's been any updates in the last two years like metal detectors. Someone asked this same question 2 years ago and there wasn't any then, but I've seen something from Keller saying they've updated security. Would just rather not leave my gun in the car in the great city of Portland and it's absolutely coming with me. If anyone has been recently that would be fantastic. Thanks!

I don't recall ever walking thru a metal detector or being wanded even as recently as February. Though, Hamilton is one of company''s bigger shows this year, so you never know.

Am curious as to who or where
they say no concealed carry at the theatre [?]
Was under the impression that the Keller was a publicly owned venue and Broadway Portland is just renting the space from Portland'5 which is part of Metro. Also, it doesn't fall under the court/school/hospital/capital/elected office building category.

I'd suggest just having a backup plan for safe short-term car storage just in case.

As a side note, "Outside food and beverage is not allowed in our theaters" (Portland'5 website)...so take the gun, leave the cannoli. ;)

Am curious as to who or where
It was in an email I got from Portland'5 earlier today.

"The following items are not permitted into Broadway in Portland events:
-Outside food or beverages
-No animals other than service animals
-Weapons of any kind even with a concealed weapons permit.
-Oversized bags are subject to search."

I think the plan is to just see what happens. We're going early so I'll have plenty of time to run the gun elsewhere should it be an issue. We went to a play at a nearby theatre, recently, with the same policy. No issues there.

Thanks everyone!

For anyone stumbling upon this post, and everyone who took the time to respond, everything went well! They did do bag checks, but no wanding or metal detectors. The play was very well done and my family enjoyed ourselves with the peace of mind provided by the founding fathers, Horace Smith and Daniel Wesson. They're still in a mask frenzy, which was a bummer, but most venues like this are. Pros and cons!

I'm headed to Keller later and was curious on carrying after the freak show of the moda center with them freaking out that my utility kilt and work boots had metal parts.

Looking, seeing the actual postings about Keller, looks like it is possible to carry although I ran across this recent artical and before that heard the report that Portland has hired AI to monitor people and look for disinformation and report you to big tech....

Anyways, couple screenshots of the article.

Screenshot_20231105_124555_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20231105_124543_Chrome.jpg

I'm headed to Keller later and was curious on carrying after the freak show of the moda center with them freaking out that my utility kilt and work boots had metal parts.

Looking, seeing the actual postings about Keller, looks like it is possible to carry although I ran across this recent artical and before that heard the report that Portland has hired AI to monitor people and look for disinformation and report you to big tech....

Anyways, couple screenshots of the article.

View attachment 1756077 View attachment 1756078
Ironically they need to implement Artificial Intelligence because they lack natural intelligence.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top