JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just barely - which is how a Co-Ax is suppose to be adjusted. I understand about this issue with other presses (such as my Rock Chucker) where there is nothing to
Limit the pressure on the die if it makes contact with it.
With the Co-Ax if the die makes anything more than just slight contact with the shell holder there will be other problems as well but the ram is designed to stop so there is essentially no pressure on the die.
Ok. Sounds like you've got it covered!

Ok. Sounds like you've got it covered!
Yea the Co-Ax is a pretty nice press - and pretty fast for a single stage.
It's really important the the die is adjusted to just barely make contact with the shell holder which is a universal, mechanical style which can be easily damaged if the die contacts it too tightly.

Well RCBS has my vote! Response from them:

Return the die for replacement to the address below the signature line. Thanks for contacting RCBS.

Best Regards,

Dora Paul
RCBS – Weaver -Champion Target
Technical Service
605 Oro Dam Blvd East
Oroville, CA 95965
530 538 2623
800 533 5000

Well RCBS has my vote! Response from them:

Return the die for replacement to the address below the signature line. Thanks for contacting RCBS.

Best Regards,

Dora Paul
RCBS – Weaver -Champion Target
Technical Service
605 Oro Dam Blvd East
Oroville, CA 95965
530 538 2623
800 533 5000
That's awesome!

Just so's ya' know. Hornady made me pay for a new seat/crimp die that the little hole the seater stem retention spring fits into had worn egg-shaped, and was letting the stem come out and bind. It was an old set though, that I bought used.

A piece of paper under the die, between the die and shell holder when set the die depth will ensure the die never touches the shell holder and crack the new carbide dies.
It's only 0.003" and won't affect sizing.
just what I do,
:D
A guy asked the same question a while back and posted this pic :eek:
GalledCases.jpg

A piece of paper under the die, between the die and shell holder when set the die depth will ensure the die never touches the shell holder and crack the new carbide dies.
It's only 0.003" and won't affect sizing.
just what I do,
:D
A guy asked the same question a while back and posted this pic :eek:
View attachment 589926

539605-ec0c11af9a1ab4b5433f802e39ecadc3.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:

I guess that comes from speeding through a bunch of rounds on a progressive? Man, if not, dude needs to take some time inspecting brass during the process.

This reminds me of when i bought a set of used 38/357 RCBS dies that were in a carbide case. After resizing a hundred or so cases I started getting lines on the cases. I called RCBS and found out someone switched out the carbide resizer die with a steel resizer. They said to mail it to them and they would clean it up, which they did at no charge.

If the resizer doesn't have CARBO on it isn't carbide.
I had other stuff that they covered for free.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top