JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup.

I recon @The Heretic does as well.
Yes - I have thousands of once fired 5.7 cases - got almost all of them from somebody else when I bought a Five Seven pistol (as part of the the sale).

I have the dies, but since I also have plenty of 5.7 ammo and it is reportedly tricky to reload, I am not inclined to reload it - just set it aside. If someone would produce/sell a 5.7x28 single shot/lever/bolt action firearm, or a .223 -> 5.7 adapter, then I would probably try some reloads.

Somebody please make an adapter or rifle single shot/lever/bolt action firearm? 🙏

Yes - I know somebody makes 5.7 barrels for the Contender/Encore - but the platform is too expensive for my budget. Something like a Ruger American for half that price would be my preference.

I do now!
It is convenient that the 5.7 case is .313". I imagine that the swaging die in the process sizes the 5.7 case to .311-.312". I would prefer .311" so that I could maybe use it in 7.62x39?

The 5.7x28 has a case capacity of 14 grains of water, I wonder how that would translate to lead mass? I imagine that bullet is plenty heavy, so it would be subsonic. Having a flat nose and strong brass case it would probably be non-expanding at almost and reasonable velocity.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews