JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always enjoyed my experience with Joe ( RIP ) , Suzi and Crew when at the black powder show in Monroe Wa....Never been to the actual shop , need to get down there some day.
Andy
Joe died? I didn't realize that, sorry to hear it. His shop was just down the street from where we lived for nearly a decade. They always had all kinds of interesting stuff there.

As to the non-availability of replica black powder gun, here's a thought that's just pure speculation on my part. What country was one of the hardest hit early on for COVID? Italy, where most of this stuff is made. I know that it's been a while, and I don't know to what degree their firearms industry was affected, but I imagine that if they were in any significant way, it could take quite a while for the supply chain to return to any semblance of normalcy.

I also find myself for want of caps and a pistol after having shot my father's Remington Army Model 1858.
Alas, I could not bring to bare a flask for my father to make ease of his load, a gift I sought to manifest by Christmas.
:s0114:
Seriously tho, I get a real kick out of BP pistols.

Do you think people have any experience loading a black powder revolver? I shot a single shot ball and cap pistol years ago. I let knowledgeable people load the pistol and gave me instructions. I fired a large lead ball and large diameter tree stump a few times. That was really before I was old enough to buy my first revolver.

Do you think people have any experience loading a black powder revolver?
In my case dad has one (had one) that we used to shoot in the back 40 when I was a kid, an old 36 cal navy that he built from a kit as a young man. I just don't see them as better for any practical use than a 38 snubby, which can be had for about the same money even now.

The "Italy is broken for a bit" theory actually made some sense to explain the shortage. I dunno. Keep my money in my pocket I guess.

Do you think people have any experience loading a black powder revolver?

Well....Yes , quite a lot actually...but then I ain't never considered myself normal....:eek: :D
Andy

Edit to add :
I do understand that much of black powder shooting is a mystery to many folks.
As well as there being much in the way of so called "Common knowledge / wisdom" ...that just ain't true , regarding black powder firearms.

Last Edited:
Well....Yes , quite a lot actually...but then I ain't never considered myself normal....:eek: :D
Andy

Edit to add :
I do understand that much of black powder shooting is a mystery to many folks.
As well as there being much in the way of so called "Common knowledge / wisdom" ...that just ain't true , regarding black powder firearms.

Or regarding much ELSE these days.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads