JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried google and over and over the answer was 'no. 11's are bigger'.. ok, bigger how..taller, larger diameter? whut?
my use will be for a . 50 cal t/c hawken. I also have a single shot .45 cal 'pirate pistol'.
thanks, !!

The different sizes fit different size nipples... in theory... but in many applications... #10's "may" be used in place of #11's. The diameter is ever so slightly different, but there are also some very slight nipple size variations among mfg's. The main difference.. if you will... is the temperature and gas production. #10's (lighter loads) often for revolvers and #11's (heavier loads) for rifles. Also to be aware there are musket caps and all really just depends on the nipple.

There are also #11 magnums... just to confuse you a little more. 🤣

The greatest odds are that your .50 hawken will want a #11, and you "might" get away with using #10's, but depends on how you're loading. Your "pirate pistol"... is also going to likely want a #11.

The different sizes fit different size nipples... in theory... but in many applications... #10's "may" be used in place of #11's. The diameter is ever so slightly different, but there are also some very slight nipple size variations among mfg's. The main difference.. if you will... is the temperature and gas production. #10's (lighter loads) often for revolvers and #11's (heavier loads) for rifles. Also to be aware there are musket caps and all really just depends on the nipple.

There are also #11 magnums... just to confuse you a little more. 🤣

The greatest odds are that your .50 hawken will want a #11, and you "might" get away with using #10's, but depends on how you're loading. Your "pirate pistol"... is also going to likely want a #11.
You said, "nipples". :s0108:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top