JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always enjoyed my experience with Joe ( RIP ) , Suzi and Crew when at the black powder show in Monroe Wa....Never been to the actual shop , need to get down there some day.
Andy
Joe died? I didn't realize that, sorry to hear it. His shop was just down the street from where we lived for nearly a decade. They always had all kinds of interesting stuff there.

As to the non-availability of replica black powder gun, here's a thought that's just pure speculation on my part. What country was one of the hardest hit early on for COVID? Italy, where most of this stuff is made. I know that it's been a while, and I don't know to what degree their firearms industry was affected, but I imagine that if they were in any significant way, it could take quite a while for the supply chain to return to any semblance of normalcy.

I also find myself for want of caps and a pistol after having shot my father's Remington Army Model 1858.
Alas, I could not bring to bare a flask for my father to make ease of his load, a gift I sought to manifest by Christmas.
:s0114:
Seriously tho, I get a real kick out of BP pistols.

Do you think people have any experience loading a black powder revolver? I shot a single shot ball and cap pistol years ago. I let knowledgeable people load the pistol and gave me instructions. I fired a large lead ball and large diameter tree stump a few times. That was really before I was old enough to buy my first revolver.

Do you think people have any experience loading a black powder revolver?
In my case dad has one (had one) that we used to shoot in the back 40 when I was a kid, an old 36 cal navy that he built from a kit as a young man. I just don't see them as better for any practical use than a 38 snubby, which can be had for about the same money even now.

The "Italy is broken for a bit" theory actually made some sense to explain the shortage. I dunno. Keep my money in my pocket I guess.

Do you think people have any experience loading a black powder revolver?

Well....Yes , quite a lot actually...but then I ain't never considered myself normal....:eek: :D
Andy

Edit to add :
I do understand that much of black powder shooting is a mystery to many folks.
As well as there being much in the way of so called "Common knowledge / wisdom" ...that just ain't true , regarding black powder firearms.

Last Edited:
Well....Yes , quite a lot actually...but then I ain't never considered myself normal....:eek: :D
Andy

Edit to add :
I do understand that much of black powder shooting is a mystery to many folks.
As well as there being much in the way of so called "Common knowledge / wisdom" ...that just ain't true , regarding black powder firearms.

Or regarding much ELSE these days.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR