JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone educate me on Sig Sauer’s and which model is most compact for conceal carry? I am also looking at EMP .40 s&w and will decide between the two. My father use to carry a sig on duty and he swore by them. But of course this was his back up as the bureau issued Glock.

I am currently carrying Glock 27 but would like a full metal set up option too. Maybe something a little smaller than the G27.

Any suggestions, knowledge and opinions are appreciated.

Thanks guys!

thanks cyclesarge! So within that P239 I would want a .40. i see there are many renditions of the P239. Is there a benefit to the Gen 2? Anyone out there carrying one of these that can chime in?

thanks cyclesarge! So within that P239 I would want a .40. i see there are many renditions of the P239. Is there a benefit to the Gen 2? Anyone out there carrying one of these that can chime in?

i had two for a while. one in 9mm and one in 40. I liked them alright, but went down to a kahr and a j-frame and have never looked back at the p239's. Now the 225...that's another matter. only came in 9mm so DQ'd for u. I've never liked 40 cal in small guns. :p only big ones like the glock 35 or Sig p226 both of which I CC'd pretty successfully.

i had two for a while. one in 9mm and one in 40. I liked them alright, but went down to a kahr and a j-frame and have never looked back at the p239's. Now the 225...that's another matter. only came in 9mm so DQ'd for u. I've never liked 40 cal in small guns. :p only big ones like the glock 35 or Sig p226 both of which I CC'd pretty successfully.

Interesting... thanks for the info. My only problem is that I am pretty skinny, (not to say you aren't) ;) but I have a real hard time cc without footprinting. Thus the 225 is out for being a larger frame. I'm looking for something that will conceal well but I'd like to keep my firepower up above a .40. Now lets not get into that discussion. I have a G26 that I carry on occasion as a 9mm, i like 9's but my prefered carry is .40.

I just thought I would try to get some opinions Sigs vs Springfield EMP's. I'm still leaning towards the EMP.. but have not been able to get my hands on as 239 yet...

according to http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/225/225.htm which offers a pretty good comparison chart, the p239 is slightly smaller in all points. But still the G27 is smaller than both. so maybe i'm not heading in the right direction with sig.....?

I guess i am just trying to justify the price of a springfield EMP over a sig 239. which will hold its value longer if I sell in a couple years, which with withstand maximum rounds and carry abuse. etc...

Last Edited:
Take a look at the Sig P250 compact, 13+1 .40 S&W and very close size to the 239. Most have nite sights; you can find them in the low $400's on GBroker or Auction Arms, bonus: a very smooth dao trigger, lightweight polymer body/Large to small grip, and it handles like a Sig.

Sig's are quite a bit different in fit, form and function than Glocks. I think it would come down to what you like better (in fit, form and function). I think there is a dealer on this site that is selling factory pre-owned P239's for like $500, it would be hard to go wrong at that price.

ETA; Here <broken link removed>

1) JC Weaponry is the man for Sigs!

2) Go handle some, they feel much different then your glock. I have an older Sig P230, nice and easy to carry but it doesn't meet your ammo requirement.

PDX:

Sig P239's are excellent shooters and relatively small. You CAN find smaller factor guns out there. The Gen 2 you refered to is slightly modified. It has a dehorned slide, night sights, and an SRT trigger system (different sear and safety lever). The SRT is NOT a short(thin) trigger. It does shorten the travel to reset for the Single Action trigger.

I'm a sig-le armorer and have carried and worked on a lot of sigs. I have a Gen 2 229 and it's great. I generally carry older 228's (or HKP7). The 239 Gen 2 is about as good as it gets, IF you like DA/SA triggers. DA/SA triggers, in my experience, require more dry fire practice than some other trigger systems, but that dry fire practice will pay off for you.

Last Edited:
p.s. I put SRT's on all my 229's and 228's. They are very nice trigger systems. Hard to get though, so if you want one out of the box, the Gen 2 is good for you.

PDX:

Sig P239's are excellent shooters and relatively small. You CAN find smaller factor guns out there. The Gen 2 you refered to is slightly modified. It has a dehorned frame, night sights, and an SRT trigger system (different sear and safety lever). The SRT is NOT a short(thin) trigger. It does shorten the travel to reset for the Single Action trigger.

I'm a sig-le armorer and have carried and worked on a lot of sigs. I have a Gen 2 229 and it's great. I generally carry older 228's (or HKP7). The 239 Gen 2 is about as good as it gets, IF you like DA/SA triggers. DA/SA triggers, in my experience, require more dry fire practice than some other trigger systems, but that dry fire practice will pay off for you.

Gotta agree with Newt. The P239 is a great gun. I stupidly sold mine earlier this year to a board member, and last week traded him a revolver for it back. I'm happy now!:D

By the way, there are currently some NIB P225's floating around the country. It's basically a slimmed down P228 (I think it has the P220, thin frame type ejector/slide release lever). TopGunSupply has these. Really great shooters, made in the German factory.

My experience with a 239...

Mine is blackened stainless, in .40 cal. This black finish is extremely durable.

Being a single stack, it is slimmer than similar pistols in double stack, and even slimmer than some single stack guns. It's a pretty small gun, so dimensionally, it's easy to conceal. I carry mine in a vertical shoulder holster, and wear it under a vest. Nobody would ever guess I was carrying. I've also carried it in a Bianchi Acu-Mold belt-holster, and it rides very tight to my side.

In spite of its small size, it's stouter, in weight, than a person might think.

Partially, because of it's heft, it as an extremely easy gun to shoot, and in spite of its size, it has always been one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot, regardless of caliber.

I've owned this gun for many years, and it has NEVER jammed, or malfunctioned in any way, ever.

WAYNO.

Im getting a Sig P239 .40 here in a few weeks.. Im picking it up nearly new with only 100 rounds down the pipe for 520. Iv never shot one but i hear nothing but good about them. Iv owned a G27 and also a CZ rami 2075 .40.. I wouldn't of trusted my life with the CZ at all.. It Jammed like no other and was brander new when i got it.. I had it worked on and the gunsmith eventually told me i should just sell it. So I did. and bought an AR, lol but I loved my G27 and plan on gettin another one.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews