JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I own a few sigs, 220, 226, 229 and a pro 2009, the pro is nice light and shoots well. Sigs are very heavy guns. the best shooter I find to be the 229, carries well, but heavy. If your a large guy this might not be a problem. The 220 and 226 are a larger frame and bulky. My honest opinion, go withe the 229 DA/SA. you'll be very happy.

I own a few sigs, 220, 226, 229 and a pro 2009, the pro is nice light and shoots well. Sigs are very heavy guns. the best shooter I find to be the 229, carries well, but heavy. If your a large guy this might not be a problem. The 220 and 226 are a larger frame and bulky. My honest opinion, go withe the 229 DA/SA. you'll be very happy.

how does the p2009 grip thickness compare to the p229's?

The grip is polimier, not replaceable comes with 3 choices of back inserts. The 2009 is dicontinued but upgraded to th 2023, same weapon new features.

Heaviness is a personal opinion. I consider my p220's on the bare minimum for a carry gun. I prefer my carry guns to weigh in at 2lbs(32 oz) or so. I don't consider it too heavy until it starts tipping mid 40 oz's. YMMV.

I believe He was asking an opinion, the 220 and the 226 are excelent firearms, but large IN MY OPINION. I'm a big guy, so that much more bulk on my hip is 1, harder to conceal, and 2 pulls my belt down. Either way not a pretty sight. The 229 is comfortable in the small of the back aswell. To each their own.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews