JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Over the last two years my roommate has been watching me collecting guns and having a good time with them. Throughout his life he never had any thought of owning a firearm but the other day his tax refund came in and he pipes up "let's go to that gun store on B-H Highway." We discuss what he's looking for. He told me he liked that "funny gas seal revolver you have", meaning my 1895 Nagant. I ask him what he wants the gun for and he replied "personal protection". I dissuaded him from the Nagant and left him in the care of the more knowledgeable man at the gun store. An hour later he walks away with his first gun purchase, an M&P Bodyguard 380. He has no idea of the path he's just embarked on icon_evil.gif

The world now has one more with a gun.:s0003:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because they own a gun it doesn't change who they are. Guns are tools and I always hope those I see with the tools use them for good. Hopefully your friend is of good character.

You are now responsible for mentoring him and making sure he learns the proper use and handling, and keeping him interested and coming back for more. You became his dope dealer in a sense. LOL :eek:
Gabby

Good to have one more join the ranks. I fully believe that the topic of 2A rights no only can, but should cross the divide between parties. I for one am happy to see as many become joyful gun owners as possible. If we had more folks on both sides working together on this single issue, I think the attacks on our rights could be squashed altogether.

If he weren't he would not be a friend. My circle is extremely small but I can count on each and every one.
With you on that.

Funny thing, I have more gun owning and gun friendly blue voters in my circle than red voters.

In fact it's an interesting split.
In general the blaus are: "I've got a gun, everyone should have a gun. Besides, you want to rely on the police?"
In general the rotts are: "I've got a gun, no one else should have one. Besides, I don't want to rely on the police."
lol.

Good to have one more join the ranks. I fully believe that the topic of 2A rights no only can, but should cross the divide between parties. I for one am happy to see as many become joyful gun owners as possible. If we had more folks on both sides working together on this single issue, I think the attacks on our rights could be squashed altogether.
Well put, imo.

I just don't see that happening. I have experience trying to gently without any name calling on my part tried to educate a "friend" who is a screaming liberal who leans so far left she is in danger of falling on her keester. The big O can do no wrong and she hates guns and would
disarm everyone but law enforcement and the military.
She reportedly was held up by an armed person and was in fear for her life. So now we have to give up our guns but she is in la-la land thinking the laws will disarm the outlaws and protect her. No different point of view is accepted whether it's her politics or her stance on guns, and she is not alone in her beliefs or lack of open mind to any other point of view other than her own. This seems to me to be what is infecting the whole crowd on the far left, and I don't see a remedy for it! Did I mention using gentle language? Earlier in our discussions she would resort to name calling and I put my foot down on that aspect telling her that she was losing my respect and friendship, and she backed off on that. I never got a college degree and she constantly sends me these online questionnaires that are supposed to show how smart you are. It really ticks her off when I get results in the top 25% right along with her who has a degree in something or other. I read and absorb different points of view and information all the time and my tests show I should have at least a BA degree, as a matter of fact I have the equivalent degree in law enforcement with scores in the high 90's. But that cuts no ice with people like her who are snobs that say if you don't have a piece of paper from some college or university you are a dummy! We have a whole crowd of people in DC with that same mentality that are watching out for us.
yeah right! I really feel safe. In a pig's eye!
Rant over,
Gabby
:s0137:
:s0036:

Just because they own a gun it doesn't change who they are. Guns are tools and I always hope those I see with the tools use them for good. Hopefully your friend is of good character.
Hobbies & Tools are not as Important as "Other Liberal Progressive Democrat Issues " until we wrap our minds around this we will continue being nice to people who hurt our cause in the ballot box.

Ok, so you don't see that happening because of an extremist.

That impacts the pricing of tea in turkmenistan how?
Do I detect some sarcasm here? If so can it!

Just play with the numbers friend She is but the tip of the iceberg but represents the many who feel and believe just as she does.
Gabby
:s0036:

Last Edited:
Moved to L&P, since it's 2A related.

Hobbies & Tools are not as Important as "Other Liberal Progressive Democrat Issues " until we wrap our minds around this we will continue being nice to people who hurt our cause in the ballot box.

Yes. Being nice to others is basic human decency, and leaves that bridge in-tact, should they want to change their views (which happens literally all the time) :)

So true. I know plenty of gun owners who vote for other issues and fail to see how that hurts their gun rights.
I've found pro 2A politicians generally have the same political philosophy as I do on other issues.

H
Moved to L&P, since it's 2A related.

Yes. Being nice to others is basic human decency, and leaves that bridge in-tact, should they want to change their views (which happens literally all the time) :)
Why that is interesting coming from a member of a group of folks (Mod/admins) whom over the years at Forum/Boards have taken great pleasure & exhibited glee at breaking out teh banhammer on occasion ...o_O (Not you personally mind you , just those folks in general)

H

Why that is interesting coming from a member of a group of folks (Mod/admins) whom over the years at Forum/Boards have taken great pleasure & exhibited glee at breaking out teh banhammer on occasion ...o_O (Not you personally mind you , just those folks in general)

I agree, I've seen it on many forums myself. Our moderators are constantly reminded to show restraint when considering a ban. Even if someone does get banned (after ten warning points), the first time is six months, the second time is one year, and the third one is permanent. It's very difficult for someone to get banned from here (if that isn't their goal).

I agree, I've seen it on many forums myself. Our moderators are constantly reminded to show restraint when considering a ban. Even if someone does get banned (after ten warning points), the first time is six months, the second time is one year, and the third one is permanent. It's very difficult for someone to get banned from here (if that isn't their goal).

It goes both ways, if I can't live within the policy of the site I move on. S&W site has moderators that are far too strict and I pulled out of that site. Sent me warnings for some of the dumbest crap I ever seen. Thread on John Wayne and one of the posters brought up he changed his name as an actor. I pointed out a lot of people change their name, even our president. That mention of the president got me a warning telling me I am not allowed to demean the office of the potus. Is the truth demeaning?

Well back on subject, I don't invite just anyone to shoot my guns. Liberal or conservative I like to see the character of the person before I arm them. Plus their mechanical skills and look at their motivation for owning a gun. Young people in particular tend to have emotional problems and I wouldn't want to add a gun into problems they can't handle. Hate to teach a person how to use a gun and they use it in a criminal manner. I look close at people, real close.

Even here I don't share a lot of information cause you really don't know who is reading it. Hate to be a part of getting some loone armed with information and he uses it in a crime.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top