JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I saw some thing interesting at the range some time ago and meant to post it here. Tom Benner brought along a modified GSG-5 carbine. Roger at Revelation Arms had modified the fake silencer, welded it to the barrel, which was threaded, keeping the overall length of the barrel to 16 inches so as not to have to register it as a SBR, as I understand it. (All NFA rules apply) Using the silencer removal tool, which was located on the side of the butt stock, you can remove the Revelation Arms .22 silencer and use it with any other correctly threaded rifles or pistols. You guys may have seen something like this before, but it was new to me and seemed pretty innovative.

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image1.jpg

I am a little confused, did they take the core of the supressor out and move it to other host guns? If i remember correctly it is the can, not the baffling that is "the supressor" according to BATFE. So if they welded the can exterior each gun would have to be registered because the gun is now the can as it is an integral accessory. Why not just get a can that threads on to multiple guns. My .22LR can has 1/2X28 threading so I can put it on my 10/22 or my Walther P22 with ease. Or am i overthinking this and way off base.

They welded the outside tube of the FAKE can to the barrel---thus making it permanent and of legal length. Slid a real can inside it and screwed it to the barrel. Neat concept---Kind of like the TacSol SBX barrel. You can still use your can on multiple guns, but the permanent shroud makes the gun legal with the can not attached.

They welded the outside tube of the FAKE can to the barrel---thus making it permanent and of legal length. Slid a real can inside it and screwed it to the barrel. Neat concept---Kind of like the TacSol SBX barrel. You can still use your can on multiple guns, but the permanent shroud makes the gun legal with the can not attached.

Billm is correct. It keeps the overall length manageable with the silencer attached. Without the silencer attached you don't have any of the SBR complications. Roger ,at revelation arms, manufactures .22 silencers. I understated that it's not a good idea to shoot .22 through a .30 or .556 silencer due to powder residue build up.

I think this is accurate.

Here's a pic of the TacSol barrel:

Nice work by Revelations Arms!

that is pretty slick, I have one of his cans. For the $ I'm really happy with it. Wonder if the end cap that's inside will get stuck after a bunch of rounds? I have a hard time sometimes getting it to come off my walther after a bunch of rounds. The stupid threaded adapter on the barrel usually gets stuck to the end cap and I have to soak it to get it off.

They make a product called antiseize, or neverseize. Or any old grease on the threads, will help with removal, and not getting your can stuck on the barrel.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top