JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A while back lost the decapping rod to my rcbs 223 small base resizing and decapping die due to a stuck case. I must have also thrown out the guide bushing as well (by accident of course). I have since been able to order new decapping rods, but I haven't been able to find the bushing.

The paperwork that came with the dies shows some parts numbers for the die parts, but it doesn't have on for the bushing. Does anyone know where I could find one?

05005106-1387-4348-AE6E-1604B4E637A6.jpeg

A while back lost the decapping rod to my rcbs 223 small base resizing and decapping die due to a stuck case. I must have also thrown out the guide bushing as well (by accident of course). I have since been able to order new decapping rods, but I haven't been able to find the bushing.

The paperwork that came with the dies shows some parts numbers for the die parts, but it doesn't have on for the bushing. Does anyone know where I could find one?

View attachment 1279219
Tried contacting RCBS? At least to get a part number if they want a fortune for them.

I know they sell them as assemblies.

View attachment 1279219
RCBS will likely send you one free of charge.

I appreciate everyone's feedback! Just incase anyone else runs into this issue here how RCBS took care of me. I sent them an e-mail at 8:00 this morning. By 10:40 they responded that they will be shipping not one, but TWO new bushings in the mail tomorrow. Now that is customer service if I have ever seen it!

I appreciate everyone's feedback! Just incase anyone else runs into this issue here how RCBS took care of me. I sent them an e-mail at 8:00 this morning. By 10:40 they responded that they will be shipping not one, but TWO new bushings in the mail tomorrow. Now that is customer service if I have ever seen it!
So.... SOP (standard oldguy protocol) would dictate that by 4pm tomorrow you will have remembered where you left the orginal one and won't need either of the two on the way.

It's a thing..... ;)

Glad they could hook you up.

RCBS and Savage are the type of company that I respect, a lot.

Both of these I've called in multiple occasions for parts. I usually start the conversations off like, "Hello their I need to BUY these part numbers." Then the person goes and says, "I need your address, ok there are 3 in the mail heading your way." Me, "Awesome, what do I owe you?" CS, "You're all set, anything else I can help you with?"

RCBS and Savage are the type of company that I respect, a lot.

Both of these I've called in multiple occasions for parts. I usually start the conversations off like, "Hello their I need to BUY these part numbers." Then the person goes and says, "I need your address, ok there are 3 in the mail heading your way." Me, "Awesome, what do I owe you?" CS, "You're all set, anything else I can help you with?"
This! So very this with the major companies.
If a companies CS is....lacking, I'm sure there is a company MUCH more deserving of your business.

Joe

ROFLMAO RCBS is the definition of customer service. My dad started dealing with them in the 60's I have dealt with them for 45 years. My next set of dies will be RCBS. The set my son just bought are RCBS.

This is my first time dealing with RCBS but needless to say I am IMPRESSED! I probably wont find the part since I broke it nearly 10 years ago when I first started reloading. I recently did an inventory of all my die sets and identified all my deficiencies (ie parts that I had broken). I wanted to make them all whole again hence the thread. Thank you all for the feedback!

Makes me jealous most all my gear is dillon.... o_O

They may be great too, but never had occassion to test their C.S.

Makes me jealous most all my gear is dillon.... o_O

They may be great too, but never had occassion to test their C.S.
Dillon has done the same for me in the past, broke primer parts = free sent next day. RCBS sent me 9mm center posts for the projectil seating die at no charge when the two I had were marking the bullets. I had just ask if there was a way to correct the marking issue. By quality get quality service.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top