JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to try some 69gr RMR .224 bullets in our 1 in 7 twist AR 15s. I'd get a 500 pack of BTHPs for $81.00 + shipping and split it for cost. Just trying to save the 3.8 cents per bullet. And don't want to have that many if the guns don't like them. I'm currently using RMR 55gr bullets and think I might be able to get a little more accuracy.

Last Edited:
I want to try some 69gr RMR .224 bullets in our 1 in 7 twist AR 15s. I'd get a 500 pack of BTHPs for $81.00 + shipping and split it for cost. Just trying to save the 3.8 cents per bullet. And don't want to have that many if the guns don't like them. I'm currently using RMR 55gr bullets and think I might be able to get a little more accuracy.
I'm sure you could sell the rest if your gun doesn't like them. I have a feeling it might though with that twist rate.

I'm sure you could sell the rest if your gun doesn't like them. I have a feeling it might though with that twist rate.
Yeah, P7M13 up there pinged me and I have them ordered. I figure I could probably sell them but just didn't want to sit on them for too long if they weren't any better.

I have been buying bulk bullets from Everglades Ammo.
The prices are good and always free shipping. I order atleast 500 bullets. I like getting 1,000 count.
RMR is where I've got bullets from before. I'll keep the everglades in mind. I think it's hard to beat .16 cent anywhere though. Unless we're talking cases, in the 4,000 area.

edit: Everglades does beat them by some.

Last Edited:
Sorry I'm late to the party Mike. I'll buy whatever you don't want to keep. Those are my go to for my long distance AR.
You mean the 69 gr? After looking at the Everglades mentioned by @HighlandLofts, I notice have a cannelure. I'm not sure the RMR do? What do you think of that? Being semi auto, mag fed? I decided to do a roll crimp with a Lee crimp die on my Garand loads because of that.

Yes the 69g's. So did you get them from RMR or Everglades? I know that the RMR's do not have a cannelure.
I went RMR, thought the price so good that no one would beat it. but it would be nice to have a cannelure incase I decide I should crimp.

I went RMR, thought the price so good that no one would beat it. but it would be nice to have a cannelure incase I decide I should crimp.
Awesome, Let me know if you're not satisfied with him but I am expecting you to keep them.
I will say this though, they do shoot really well in a 20 inch barrel.
I do crimp rifle rounds with a cannalure with a Lee factory crimp but these I do not crimp.

Awesome, Let me know if you're not satisfied with him but I am expecting you to keep them.
I will say this though, they do shoot really well in a 20 inch barrel.
I do crimp rifle rounds with a cannalure with a Lee factory crimp but these I do not crimp.
I imagine I'm going to like them just fine. Can't imagine why not. Maybe they tighten up Wifey's groups! and mine too. She shoots her AR more than I do mine. I've got other stuff I shoot at distance off bags.

I wouldn't crimp a bolt gun rounds. And so far I haven't crimped for the Garand, but got the Lee crimp die for -06. Now, that Lee crimp die is the shizznit! Danged affordable too!

I've got a few test loads for the 69g, one for the long distance AR & one for the AR pistols that I need to dial in.

I'm thinking Thursday will be a great day to get to Evergreen Sportmens club, less crowded and not too hot.

These guys make very accurate 55gr pills for not a lot of money. Free shipping too.

Might want to give them a look.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top