JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 ended in 2004, can I legally modify the AR-15 I bought in 1998'ish to include a collapsible stock, bayonet lug, flash suppressor, etc...? Or can it not have those items since it was manufactured during the ban? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but all the pre-ban/post-ban talk on here makes me wonder why it matters since the 1994 law expired.

Thanks

SigFan (First Post)

Yes you can . Unless you live someplace like California which still has a ban. Seeing your in seattle you can put a collapsable stock, flash hider and bayonet lug on it.

Now if they do enact another ban like the 94 ban and if your rifle is not in pre 2014 ban configuration, well then your stuck with it as it is .

As it was stated there are some states that have laws that mirrored the 1994 AWB and are still in effect. WA has no such law so you can modify your AR.

Pre and post ban do not only refer to the 1994 AWB. There are also the 1934, 1968, 1986, and 1989 a major events that are still in effect at a Federal level.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top