JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What bullet is this really?

• Total voters
Reactions
So I recently received a case of a new 5.56 55gr FMJ from Freedom Munitions and for some reason I think it is reall the Magtec CBC 5.56 77gr from my Google skills. So I am trying to get people's opinions if this is really a 5.56 55gr from Freedom Munition or its CBC rebranded?

Here is a link of the CDB bullet description:
<broken link removed>

Here is another link to show the headstamp:
http://robertqualls27.deviantart.com/art/CBC-Mk-262-Mod-1-Open-Tip-Match-headstamp-493446918

Here are the pictures of the bullet:

5BE4EEC5-BD51-4417-B72D-6E32632C9A19_zpsgahidsoo.jpg C6AABB93-C54B-4120-9D92-B6F2ADFCD44E_zpsprisw5mr.jpg 4467D3E5-E3B0-4C9C-91CF-43D2CD47202C_zpsrkng8lgk.jpg IMG_7539_zpsx8rs3zww.jpg

Last Edited:
What's weird is that looks like a reload to me, the primer pocket was previously staked you can just see the indents. Or maybe I'm seeing a conspiracy where there is none, lol.

What's weird is that looks like a reload to me, the primer pocket was previously staked you can just see the indents. Or maybe I'm seeing a conspiracy where there is none, lol.
I think that's what Freedom Munitions does/is.
It can't be an actual NATO loading without having a crimped/staked primer.

i swear freedom munitions is all remanufactured ammo. my buddy used to buy 9mm from them and all were mixed head stamp, dirty, SUPER hot 9mm. im talkin like +p++ hot. lol. it bulged the cases where the chamber isnt supported on both of our 9mm. ya i wont shoot that stuff again.

i swear freedom munitions is all remanufactured ammo. my buddy used to buy 9mm from them and all were mixed head stamp, dirty, SUPER hot 9mm. im talkin like +p++ hot. lol. it bulged the cases where the chamber isnt supported on both of our 9mm. ya i wont shoot that stuff again.

I have ordered New 9mm from them before and just received another case of the 9mm and they look new and shoot great so far...

Looks like the case says CBC and that is a brand of ammo made in Brazil. As for Freedom Munitions, they sell both new and remanufactured ammo so it looks like you got remanufactured when you should have gotten new. I would contact them.

Looks like the case says CBC and that is a brand of ammo made in Brazil. As for Freedom Munitions, they sell both new and remanufactured ammo so it looks like you got remanufactured when you should have gotten new. I would contact them.

I received an email reply today from Freedom Munitions's customer service and they said it was new and not reman. I also sent another email to see if they can have they techs really look at it to make sure.

Wiki..

Brazil[edit]

yeah, that is why I keep thinking these might be remans with the CBC headstamp or maybe new CBC somehow... I check every box of 500 rounds and everyone of them have the CBC headstamp.

It's just odd. The casing doesn't look like it's been cleaned and processed like used brass should be before reloading, but I swear I can see barely perceptible staking marks around the primer. Which either means it's reused brass, or it was new and the staking die didn't do it's job, but maybe they're adjustable? Curious.

It's just odd. The casing doesn't look like it's been cleaned and processed like used brass should be before reloading, but I swear I can see barely perceptible staking marks around the primer. Which either means it's reused brass, or it was new and the staking die didn't do it's job, but maybe they're adjustable? Curious.

I added another pic of the box of 50 to compare the other brass.

Yea, I don't know how they operate but I'm sure they could get actual new brass from anywhere and then use that.. but why would it need to be decrimped if there never was a primer in the pocket? Not that I'm saying those had primers in them.. just looks like a vestige of a stake mark on that one example.
And if you go to their website under "new" ammo, they show their machines turning rims into just formed brass so you'd think they can and do make their own new brass there.. (?).
https://player.vimeo.com/video/83529639?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

Highly doubt it's CBC 77 gr but the best way to find out is to pull the bullet and weigh it.

All of the cases are the same CBC 14 headstamp?

You bought them new so what I'm imagining is that it's "new" insofar as it's unfired Magtech brass, possibly even loaded once, but not fired, and pulled down for components for whatever reason leaving the primed brass to be bought cheap by Freedom and then loaded by them.

They may have been deprimed and swaged along the way, still unfired.

If you got a bunch of reloads sold as new, then that's an issue, but seems like it'd be hard to make the case.

You could email them.

Yeabut their two differentiators are "new" and "remanufactured". By definition a pulled down cartridge is remanufactured.. manufactured again. Nothing to do with "unfired".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top