JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can a 4 year old? Two year old? If tomorrow a law were to get passed making it illegal to transfer ownership of a firearm to another person could I transfer ownership legally to a child?
I'm not talking about letting them play with it, handle it, sleep with it or any other extreme stretch your imaginations can take this. Just legal ownership.

An ffl can not sell a gun to a person under 21 so it kinda means ,that in WA now,you can't buy 1 till 21
Cause most ffls I have talked to won't agree that a 18yo can own a handgun
Please show me wrong,I would like to be on this.

An FFL can sell a rifle to anyone legally allowed and the age of 18 or over. For a Handgun it bumps up to 21 and older.

In private purchase Federal law does not prohibit someone age 18 or over from buying a handgun. So its not illegal to sell privately to an 18 year old a handgun.

Which with the new laws in Washington make that an odd quandary since the transaction is handled by an FFL.

Can a 4 year old? Two year old? If tomorrow a law were to get passed making it illegal to transfer ownership of a firearm to another person could I transfer ownership legally to a child?
I'm not talking about letting them play with it, handle it, sleep with it or any other extreme stretch your imaginations can take this. Just legal ownership.

No

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads