JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have multiple cancer survivors in my family and circle of friends, plus some with severe arthritis and other forms of chronic pain. I've seen them at their worst, in some cases spending thousands of dollars a month for medications that do little more than "take the edge off", but with side effects that are in some cases almost as bad as the illnesses they suffer from.

I have seen some choose to try marijuana to manage pain (not to treat the underlying illness) instead of oxycodone or other opiate-based pain medications, and those that did found that it was fairly easy to attenuate their pain through measured dosing of edibles, oils, etc and maintain the ability to function on a daily basis, whereas with pills you're stuck to fixed doses that are fairly large and hit people differently depending on what they had to eat that day or their body chemistry.

Pain pills are a "one size fits all" approach to a problem that is inherently unique to each patient. In my opinion marijuana-based alternatives offer the individual more control over their pain management, are less addictive, and have fewer negative long-term health implications when compared to any available opiate-based alternatives a doctor might prescribe.

I cannot comment on its pain management usage, but Marijuana was criminalized NOT for its mind-altering effects or potential (now becoming real) societal damage.

Extra points awarded here for anyone that can name the world-famous American businessman driving the original push to criminalize Marijuana.

(AND his self-centered obvious reason for doing so, accomplished successfully by cultivating a distraction of racial hatred.)

Harry Anslinger and his FBN.

He was extremely racist and in my opinion, drunk on power when he was put in charge of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics. If I remember right, he wrongly accused a mentally ill man of murder while high on THC and used him as a poster child for why THC was evil.

I cannot comment on its pain management usage, but Marijuana was criminalized NOT for its mind-altering effects or potential (now becoming real) societal damage.

Extra points awarded here for anyone that can name the world-famous American businessman driving the original push to criminalize Marijuana.

(AND his self-centered obvious reason for doing so, accomplished successfully by cultivating a distraction of racial hatred.)
William Randolph Hearst, hemp was being used to produce paper.

& since when, was the ATF, part of the legislative branch :s0092:
Since the Chevron Doctrine. Hopefully SCOTUS continues to reverse that policy and strips all the alphabet agencies of their presumptuous legislative powers, because it has become a serious issue in many aspects of our governance, not just firearms.

Since the Chevron Doctrine. Hopefully SCOTUS continues to reverse that policy and strips all the alphabet agencies of their presumptuous legislative powers, because it has become a serious issue in many aspects of our governance, not just firearms.
It's become :s0170: disgustingly disturbing. There needs to be serious punishments doled out for their active participation in the usurping the once meaningful document & their eager treasonous way's. & rest assured, I don't mean some meager fines for these felonious tyrannical turdz :s0092:

Last Edited:
Not to get deep into the weeds. But in 1980 I was stationed at Oak Knoll Naval Hospital and a buddy of mine was one of the pharmacy techs there. He showed me marijuana cigarettes that the pharmacy stocked to be prescribed for cancer patients on chemo and a couple other things.

So saying it has no medical use is truly confusing to me.

The ATF following the guidelines of treating it as a no-go because it's still restricted at the Federal level isn't really surprising. It's them following the rules they've been told to follow. The conversation about the scheduling of marijuana is overdue and there seems to be willingness on both sides to have the discussion.

Not to get deep into the weeds. But in 1980 I was stationed at Oak Knoll Naval Hospital and a buddy of mine was one of the pharmacy techs there. He showed me marijuana cigarettes that the pharmacy stocked to be prescribed for cancer patients on chemo and a couple other things.

So saying it has no medical use is truly confusing to me.
I knew a couple vets in that same time frame ('Agent Orange"? never heard of it, but have some weed for your non-service related cancer :rolleyes: )
Same complaint from everyone of them: on top of all the other problems with the VA, a random 15 year old could roll a better joint :s0112:

I knew a couple vets in that same time frame ('Agent Orange"? never heard of it, but have some weed for your non-service related cancer :rolleyes: )
Same complaint from everyone of them: on top of all the other problems with the VA, a random 15 year old could roll a better joint :s0112:
The "joints" i saw were in a package very much like a factory cigarette. As to how an individual "joint" looked there was no picture on the package. And as it was a drug that had to be prescribed the sealed package was sure not opened in my presence. I was just shown the package and the clear labeling as to the contents. It was one thing for my friend to show me a package. It would have been both are butts if that package had been opened I am sure.

The "joints" i saw were in a package very much like a factory cigarette. As to how an individual "joint" looked there was no picture on the package. And as it was a drug that had to be prescribed the sealed package was sure not opened in my presence. I was just shown the package and the clear labeling as to the contents. It was one thing for my friend to show me a package. It would have been both are butts if that package had been opened I am sure.
Did the package say, "Puff Puff Give"? :s0114: :s0069: :s0094::s0151::s0112:

William Randolph Hearst, hemp was being used to produce paper.
A winnah!

Hearst not only commanded a virtual monopoly on the newspaper business, but out of necessity and genius was one of the biggest timber magnates in the world as well. Lumber to him was virtually a by-product that paid for itself while producing pulp for the paper mills.

When hemp was on the upswing as a viable product (Popular Mechanics actually ran a feature article), Hearst recognized it instantly as a threat and initiated a worldwide propaganda campaign against it. Politicians and bureaucrats in his pocket were activated.

Minor crime stories where Marijuana was discovered or involved were given front-page attention. Even more valuable (and focused upon) were those that involved persons of African heritage (in those days unlike today it was common practice to note the race of perpetrators). If the victim were White (and especially if a female) that was not overlooked in the story. Marijuana was presented as a favored intoxicant driving this minority segment to commit all sorts of outrages on civilized society.

Had Hearst not engaged all energies to defeating the hemp industry, his empire would be as dead as the Oregon Journal, or at least as ill as the Oregonian. :cool:

Last Edited:
Speaking of Hemp!!
I don't recall when I bought this, but it's been 2.5/3 decades ago, at least.
Nice read for this discussion. I tried to get all pics focused best I could.
Notice the material used for it's fabrication :s0069: :s0094: :s0151:
Also, the border list's all sorts of slang terms & where originated from :s0114: :s0112:
I'm gonna frame it soon. Way past due. Figured I'd use my dremel & engrave bunch
of pot leaves around the green frame.

And, let us be frank! The ONLY reason weed isn't legal, federally, is because they're allowing BIG pharma fux & such to, idk... my guess, patent thc/cbd.
If I'm not mistaken, since the med/rec legalization in our various states, it seems I read somewhere, that coca cola is or did dive into the manufacturing aspect.

20240209_121341.jpg 20240209_121525.jpg 20240209_121608.jpg 20240209_121744.jpg 20240209_121810.jpg 20240209_121832.jpg 20240209_121922.jpg

Last Edited:
& on the flip side... drunken alcoholics, are allowed to own car's & commute about, bar's aiding & abetting.
ZERO critical scrutiny, outlawing, closing of bars & lowering ABV%, like the lowering of clip capacities.
When the law's state 0.08% is max legal drunken limit, knowing full well, lower tolerance folk will be buzzed
in a single drink. & then those with HIGH tolerance are so full of alcohol, other than bloodshot eyes, stumbling
& word slurring & obvious scent, some you can hardly detect such an intake of alcohol.

Look at the legislation how those sellout try & argue this, that & the other is for the "Wars" they ironically endorse on the flip-side.
Well, pretty sure HIGH ABV% alcohol wasn't meant for anything but medicinal sterilizing purposes, yet 50% of the society is a drunk
loosing job's, home's, families & much more.
Death, violence like "CHILD" abuse(Imagine that) spousal & just outright ignorance.
We have member's of congress that report to work drunk, for fux sake :s0092:

Don't get me wrong, not trying to hate on sweet azz ole muscle cars & such, as I'm a huge fan of/had them, just case-in-point making, again.
But in regards to clip capacity bans, semi-auto's & all the other infringement's upon us....
By those stupid idiot lack of logic & common sense sellout's....
Why do we need HIGH powered supercharged vehicles, some the equiv of drag/nascar power, when the max MPH SL is what,
maybe 65/70, maybe more somewhere, who knows.
So, explain why HIGH ABV% alcohol & HIGH powered vehicles are legal, but not our clips/firearms types, they've been banning.
Alcohol should be delivery to homes only, IMO.

Double standards out the azz, accountability lacking in every corner of the gov.

To reiterate the fact, I'm a 6 year alcohol sober(Not seeking accolades & such) just making case-in-points.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads