JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was at the 100yd rifle range today and noticed cameras were installed. Talk about uncomfortable... When did they install them? Plus side though, they have wifi.
I can see what they are trying to do, but it's not for me. I wouldn't use the range.

Interesting Four Corners in Salem has had them for a LONG time They were there well before I joined up again in 2012.

What would you be doing at the range you wouldn't want someone seeing? its not like someone is watching. I assume they would be used in case something happens like when some jack wagon shot up the overhead board at our range a while back.

Actually. It's not from my understanding. It's to stop people from shooting the benches and the roof. It's been happening a lot unfortunately.

sounds like your membership are the same folks who leave all the SH!T in the woods and shoot what is clearly not meant to be shot

sounds like your membership are the same folks who leave all the SH!T in the woods and shoot what is clearly not meant to be shot
They're a step up from that.

We have a problem with shots leaving the range. It could threaten our existence. When you see holes in the roof of your shooting shed, you know someone is not following muzzle discipline.

In our situation, safety has to be at the very top consideration. At the least some numbers need more training. And perhaps a few need to be removed.

For the most part, I find our membership pretty smart about shooting. But there are a few who really don't follow rules. I think they may be better off out in the forest, Although I think the other ones were dirty it up.

I don't love cameras either. But I want that resource to be around for me and my children.

There isn't staff or money to monitor all those cameras all the time. I'm sure they're just on a loop in case something happens

They've had them at Johnson Creek Gun Club for years now. I've never asked but I imagine it's to have a record of bad/unsafe behavior.

Douglas Ridge has cameras too. I just figured it was to record how awesome I look when slinging lead down range :cool:

Here's @etrain16 slinging.... something. :eek:

871F6F8F-9A0C-4B74-A1A4-D5908BECC045.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top